Hello everybody.   I'm a newbie to this forum, but not to being a huge fan of Michael.  I've been a fan for 19 years now :)  I love his origional pieces, but he is so darn good at covering the classics too.   I wish I could put a bug in his ear and have him record two of my favorite songs.  "Song to the Siren" by Tim Buckley, and " I Don't Need No Doctor" by Ray Charles.  That one would fit beautifully on his blues album waiting in the wings.  :)   Do any of you have a wish list for him to cover?       Payten

Views: 1383

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about Michael doing I've een Loving you too Long by Otis Redding. I'd love that too--live, especially. Ah! ha!

A Sam Cook song he could do is All Night Long. Yes indeed. Twistin' the night away (something like that) as we all know Michael's a Sam Cook fan. Don't blame him. Though I'm white, I love that blue eyes soul like the Righteous brothers. Oh,&songs, how about "Unchained Melody." Yes Indeed. :)

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA
I'm not a whole lot for Otis's voice but I love him&his music. He does that oh! so! soulful sound. Now, Percey Sledge? That's another one I love. he has that southern touchU&so does Otis. Love them both. They're awesome. Let me get out of here before I get in trouble with my opinions. I didn't mean to be negative about Louie&B. B. They're good in their right. They're classic but..........

Another song came to mind that I would LOVE for Michael to do iis&that's I heard it through the grape vein. Every version I've heard, I LOVE.

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA :)
Iw. Honey, With all due respect&I respect your opinion but I CANNOT!!!!!!!!!!!! STAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOUIE!!!!!! ARMSTRONG!!!!!!!!!!! IW!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE CREEPS!!!!!! ME!!!!!!!!! OUT!!!!!!!! WITH!!!!!! HIS!!!!!!! VOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CREEPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IW!!!!!!!!!!! Sylvie in Canada can appreciate why I wrote ew that way. Honey, I respect you that you like Louie Armstrong but you! can! have! him! if he looked like what he sounds like, I'm sorry but I'm glad I can't see him but I do respect you&sorry for being oh! so! opinionated. ! Phew.

You think I can't stand B. B. King's singing, I'm worse about Louie. I'm sorry everyone.
Frank Sinatra. Now you're talking. I've always loved him way before Michael sang his music. Love how michael does Sinatra live. The music is so romantic. Big band sound&the bass is true bass--not this techno sound. :)

Let me go. Need to do my therapies&massages for my hand. :)
Hi Shannon, well first, I don’t think we’re allowed uploading songs on the site sweetie, I think only links are allowed. Second, I was reading your list of favorite artists and going: yes, yes, yes… I’ve heard Michael mention Robert Johnson a few times, I’m gonna have to look him up. Jaana said on the “Michael Bolton’s concert in Romania” thread that Michael was talking about 3 CD’s in the works. It seems to me that he’s been dropping hints about listening to a lot more blues recently: Robert Johnson and John Mayal for instance, aside from mentioning reaching out to John Mayer to collaborate with. I brushed up on my standards before “Bolton swings Sinatra”, I think it’s time I brush up on my blues! Lol BTW, I would love for Michael to cover a lot of Otis songs, but I think that if he should do a tribute album to anyone, it would have to be Ray. JMO Well, thanks again for sharing Shannon, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
I agree Shannon; if he can sing anything from "Itsy-bitsy spiders" to "Nessun dorma" with feeling, I think that says it all! :D Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
Hey Robin from California, you’re entitled to your opinion girlfriend! Thank you for leaving us more Louis Armstrong! Lol In pictures, I remember Louis always seemed to smile, although I’ve heard he’s had one heck of a life before he was a musician. I hope to find a biography of his one day. I didn’t know you felt this strongly about him though before I showed you the excerpt from “Porgy and Bess”, hee-hee… There are too many great Otis songs I know Michael would do a great job at singing to list here. I agree with you girl about "Unchained melody", my husband was saying the same thing. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada
A tribute to Ray, Otis&Sam cook would be awesome CD'S. I'm sorry Louie has had a ruff life&I'm sure he had a wonderful smile&God bless him with the sax but wow! That's ok Sylvie from Canada.

Robert Johnson? I can't place him. I can only handle so much blues. I'm not at all in to doo-op but I understand why folks love it. it was a music in its time; awesome harmonies though somtimes out of tune but it was a classic in its time. Let me shut up. I've said enough for now? :)

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA :)
Yes, that is a moody sexy song!
oz.x
OMG. Wicked Game is a haunting song. Love the cords&arrangements in that song by Cjhris Izick. Pardon spelling. Wow! :)

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA USA :)
Hi Juliet, that's an unusual but interesting choice... Hmm, it sounds pretty good actually, thanks for sharing! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service