Ok ,So having posted about this i was wondering what songs you would like to hear Michael sing in his concerts.I know we all love the hits but im sure there are songs that he hasnt sang live in a long time or ever.I love anything he sings and would be happy if he sang the phonebook but would be intersted to see what you all would like to hear live.My set list would include all the usual hits but i would love to hear some of these .

"That's What Love Is All About

You wouldnt know love

From now on

Back on my feet again

Stand up for love

Missing you now

The one thing

Soul of my soul

Completly

Make a long story longer

Best of love

We're not making love

A love so beautiful

I promise you

Once in a lifetime

Dance with me

Next lifetime

Till the end of forever

Views: 2166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again Frank,  you’re very welcome for the info. Well, why wouldn’t he mention the album in his tour program? I once read a critique that described  “Everybody’s crazy” as “criminally ignored”!Well, I don’t know about hoping for those songs, but we can always dream! Lol Oh I love “I almost believed you”… I guess it’s a case of you can only squeeze so much in a show. I know Michael wants to showcase as many genres as possible in his concert, but I have a feeling new arrangements would be necessary for 80’s songs.  JMO BTW, I’ve found the sample you’re looking for, from the “Best of Michael Bolton live” DVD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YWRlNTLL-k

Enjoy! Take care Frank, nice talking to you. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for the link - I'll check it out.  Looking forward to it.  Speaking of 'I Almost Believed You', do you know if that 'Michael Bolton' album is available on a remastered CD?  I only have the original CBS pressing, and would love to hear those songs in remastered format.  For comparison, I picked up the 'Everybody's Crazy' remastered CD recently off the Rock Candy label and it sounds GREAT.  Would love to hear the album before it in the same quality.

Hi Frank, "Everybody's crazy" is the only one that I've read having been remastered, although a few albums have been re-released. I find that both Amazon and EBay are good sources of info for that. I've even found a supposed enhanced "Every day of my life" CD once. Who knows, maybe they'll remaster it on an anniversary... If I ever hear of a remaster, I'll let you know, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi again.  Yeah, I actually just picked up Every Day Of My Life used on eBay - thought it'd be nice to add to the collection.  Also have a lot of radio 'Promo' CDs from the late 80s/early 90s (I used to work for a CD store and we'd get some rare items in - and I've been a fan for a while)

That Everybody's Crazy CD remaster sounds amazing - they did a great job, and the booklet is just as good, going over every detail behind the release of the album - it's obvious a lot of care went into the whole package.  So wild to hear M.B. really jamming hard - some great songs on there.  My only complaint with the album as produced is you can't hear his vocals as loud as you'd expect - a lot of time the production overpowers him, and with a voice as great as his ("One in a million" as the booklet reads - and I agree), you want to hear him as 'up front' as possible!

Hi Frank, Wow, lucky you, that sounds like a great collection! Funny you mention the production overpowering Michael’s voice… I have an interview Michael did in ’88 where Michael was talking about “The hunger”. He was questioned about the change of direction of that album and he was saying how  he didn’t want to be swallowed by a wall of sound and he wanted to hear every inflection of his voice… Frank, I have a feeling you’d enjoy a fantastic thread we have on this forum, about Michael’s early years:

http://michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/follow-up-info-for-the-history

It starts out about Michael’s very early years but evolved into all kinds of historic articles, some sound clips, “old fans” experiences etc. Also, there’s this site with a bunch of sound clips I have a feeling you might enjoy also:

http://www.michaelboltonphotos.com/soundfiles.shtml

There are all kinds of MB goodies on there, including a few 80’s concert clips. Hope you enjoy them! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I would love to hear Michael sing 'Can I touch you there' in concert. Can you imagine the crowds reaction??

Woooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo!! We'd all go wild wouldnt we girls??

Love Jennifer XX

Hey Jen, well you can't complain in that department now can you, since you have heard him sing it in person at RAH last year? Thank goodness that was recorded! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canadaà

Good grief Syvie, how did I forget that???????

I'm telling you, my mind is slipping here!!! Ha Ha Ha!!

Love Jennifer XX

Jennifer, uhm, well I didn't want to say anything but since you brought it up... lol Just teasing! Way too many things going around in your head sweetie, time for a rest, I think... :D Or maybe you're still affected from your last visit with Michael and your brain can't focus yet... :D Take good care of yourself Jennifer. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I originally thought of these two songs for Barry Manilow to sing (since Barry sings so many songs of other artists, besides his own), but I had a wild thought.....  Michael singing the theme song of "The Love Boat" and/or, the theme of the Greatest American Hero "Believe it or not".  Don't know if Michael sings any unusual songs at his concerts, besides singing Sinatra or opera songs like Nessuna Dorma, but he can consider something different to tease the fans....LOL!  :)

Helena...xx... 

The Greatest American Hero, eh?  Great song.  Never even considered hearing it from M.B. though.  How interesting THAT would be!

Would now be a good time to mention that I have an original 'Suit' from the TV series?  :)

--Frank

Really?   LOL!!!! 

Actually I didn't care for the TV series.  William Katt was cute, but the story was kind of silly to me.  I have the CD of the Greatest Hits from "TV Land" and both of these songs are on it, and I love them!!  I also love the theme song from Gilligans Island, Welcome Back Kotter and some others.

Helena...xx...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service