Talent Show - BOLT OF TALENT with info on follow on Asian Dream Tour.

Michael is holding a talent show in Asia with entries coming from Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand and Philippines in conjunction with Star World Asia and Fox TV.  Here are posters, plus link to video, advertising show as well as an article which gives more detailed information of exactly what the competition involves, hopes to achieve and what is on offer.

https://www.facebook.com/STAR.World.Asia/videos/10155249035239577/

http://worldscreen.com/tvasia/star-world-commissions-michael-bolton...

Views: 7439

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Day 1 = Bangkok  Day 10 = Bolt of Talent

Michael has sent below tweet with pic of himself and his co-host for Bangkok and it is Lydia Sarunrat Deane who is a singer/actress and she also plays golf !!!  Pic is close up of them sitting in back seat of a car and both smiling broadly and Michael sure looks great for looks totally relaxed and enjoying himself....would say he has sure found himself another niche !!!  

Michael did do a "live video" earlier on in day on Instagram but unfortunately, it was live and has now ended and there does not appear to be any links with.  Will search for but don't hold out much hope.

Just for information the Wat Benchamabophit where they were is a marble Buddhist Temple in Dusit district of Bangkok and it is said to be one of the most beautiful Temple's  in Bangkok and here is pic

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Info on "live video", sorry folks, got mixed up (surprise, surprise!) it wasn't actually from Michael but another account I follow on Instagram which also starts with an M and has name just about as long as Michael's account.... sorry !!! :)

Michael has sent below tweet which contains link to a boomerang video.  The video shows Michael in a mall and he is riding an escalator and in front of him is his director and they are both talking and behind and further up escalator you see another two of the film crew and then just at Michael's side is a guy with a wee, wee hand fan, fanning Michael but he has it at MB's back, just about level with shoulder blade....I'm sorry for I can't stop laughing at it for sure is one of the funniest things I've seen in a long time.  The boomerang videos are done the same as gifs where it is a short, repetitive, shot that is used and for this one talk about Laurel and Hardy.... they would have loved it !!!!! LOL:

It's hot in !! Prepping with my director while we ride

Day 2 = Bangkok  Day 11 = Bolt of Talent

Michael has sent below tweet with pic of himself at the Fighting Lab Yokkao where he is being taken through the paces of the traditional Muay Thai (Thai boxing) combat sport.  Michael is dressed in his sporty top he wears to gym which is black and tight fighting with long sleeves.  He also has on red Muay gloves.... then..... has on a pair of Muay shorts which are red with the traditional Thai writing on them and the rest is bare.  The Muay shorts have a wide waist band, are generally silk and come a few inches above knee.  The fighting lab is decorated with a huge jazzy, colourful mural on wall and there are, hanging from almost crane like structures, the long padded bags they use to practice on.  Michael is standing looking ahead with a very straight face and standing to his left (looking at pic) there is another fellow and also Lydia, his co-host, and they are both dressed in black Muay outfits. You can also see, just to Michael's right and slightly back a camera man and there is someone holding one of the padded bags steady and looks as though Michael might just be getting ready to "fight that bag" !!!! lol  Here is tweet with pic:

About to get schooled in the tradition of @fightlabyokkao on of

Michael has also posted to his FB page comment and pic which shows him sitting eating an ice cream and he is looking up at camera with a look of sheer delight on his face and spoon with ice cream half way to mouth !!! lol  He is sitting in what looks a large restaurant/cafe type place which is circular and has rail round because it looks like a viewing gallery and can't quite see what is below but somehow it looks almost as though could be at an aquarium as it definitely is all blue whatever is below.  Here is comment along with pic:

"Ice cream on my luck break!! Caramel in case you were wondering!!"

Two pics of Michael and Lydia Sarunrat Deane, his co-host in Bangkok, filming yesterday in the mall where boomerang video was made.  They both show Michael and Lydia at top of escalator being filmed.  Pics come courtesy of Srettha Thavisin.

Michael has sent below tweet but again without a pic:

Been barefoot most of the day! Feels kinda nice

Thanks again for all pic descriptions Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Sharing an old pic from 1st May when Michael did his radio interview with ICRT's, Joey Chou, in Taiwan.  Joey has shared the pic and it really is lovely for Michael is laughing and what Joey said was, if he remembered rightly, he had just asked Michael "can I touch you, there !" 

Day 3  =  Bangkok  Day 12  =  Bolt of Talent

Michael has sent below tweet with pic of himself in radio station being interviewed by Easy FM (End 23)

With my friends talking on tune in this fall to find out…

Lovely pic of Michael and his co-host in Bangkok, Lydia Sarunrat Deane, in the recording studio.  Lydia has shared pic.  They are in recording studio and Michael is sitting with papers in his hand and Lydia is standing at his side bending forward so she is practically level with him.

Michael has sent below tweet as he heads to Kuala Lumpur on Day 13 of Bolt of Talent.  No pic with tweet.

Heading to Malaysia!! Wish me luck on my continued search for great singers!!

Here is an article about Bolt of Talent.  I've copied the article but the pictures included are ones posted here already.  The link is below if you want to check it out.

Are you the one Michael Bolton is looking for in Kuala Lumpur?

http://www.star2.com/entertainment/music/music-news/2017/05/10/are-...

Word has it that popular 1980s crooner Michael Bolton is heading to Malaysia. To be exact, he is arriving in Kuala Lumpur at 8pm today (May 10).

The 64-year-old singer is visiting a few countries in South-East Asia to recruit talents for his upcoming talent-reality series titled Bolt Of Talent.

According to a post on Star World’s Instagram account, Bolt Of Talent is a new series which will see Bolton in search of Asia’s top musical talent. The winner of the competition will get a chance to join him on a world tour.

Although he started his music career in the 1970s, Bolton’s popularity peaked in the 1980s and 1990s when he released a string of hits including How Am I Supposed To Live Without You, Sittin’ On The Dock Of The Bay, When A Man Loves A Woman and How Can We Be Lovers. Apart from his soulful vocals, Bolton is also a songwriter to be reckoned with; he has written hit songs for Laura Branigan and Cher.

He has sold over 68 million albums and won two Grammy Awards for Best Male Pop Vocal Performance in 1990 and 1992.

Lately, Bolton’s fame surged when he starred in the Netflix comedy Michael Bolton’s Big, Sexy Valentine’s Day Special. He also made a guest appearance in the season finale of Fresh Off The Boat which was aired in the United States recently.

Bolton is said to be staying in Kuala Lumpur for 10 days in search of talents. He has, so far, travelled to Philippines, Taiwan and Thailand for his new series.

Last month, Star World announced it was casting for the show and invited aspiring singers to send in their videos.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service