Hey Gang,

As I mentioned in an earlier thread back in June.....I belong to The Knight of Columbus (I'm a Columbiette) here in New York.  Twice a year in June and November, the Columbiettes have a Luncheon/Fundraiser at our council.  We raffle off many cool prizes, that the members donate and we also receive donations from various stores and individuals.  We raffle off money prizes, gift baskets, tickets to baseball games....just to name a few.  The money we collect goes to various charites which include St. Jude's Children's Hospital, MDA and others. 

Since Michael was nice enough to sign so many copies of "Gems", I was able to get an extra copy of it along with the T-shirt, to give away as a small prize for the fundraiser.  I was going to created a small gift basket with Gems and a few other MB items.  But then my wee friend Sylvia, was nice enough to volunteer to help me out with my idea and is sending me lots of goodies to go into the basket!!!  Now my little basket has turned into a big basket!!!!!   I have purchased a real nice size basket and have the cellophane wrapping paper as well.  Some of the items we are adding into the basket, include various CD's of Michael, the Lee Randall book, magnet, key chain and at least one 45 record to give the basket a "music" feel.  I have purchased a set of 3 scented candles....each candle is black with a swirl design and they each have one word on them "Sing", "Dance" and "Love".  Later on, I plan to buy some chocolates and a Christmas Beanie Baby to gift the basket a "Christmas feel" as well.  Sylvia is still in the works on sending me various items, so this basket will really look like a "Gem" of a gift when it's finally all together!!!! 

It is really fun and exciting....putting this Gift Basket together with Sylvia, and I hope the person who wins it is a real Bolton fan who will appreciate it!!!!!   I will take a few pictures of it once it's together (that will be in November), and post it here so everyone can see it.

Just wanted to share this with all of you!!!  And a big Thank You to the Wee one for all her help!!!!!    :)

Hugs,

Helena...xx...

Views: 1575

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nessun problema my nutty Brooklyn friend !!! LOL.   OMG I wondered what I was going to read when I saw you had put this in here - you are too much and I think by the time we have finished you will be needing a hamper not a basket !!!!!!!!!!! LOL. 

Sylvia.  La tua amica wee Scottish. 

Crikety, it sounds like a treasure chest might be more suited to hold these wonderful  contents Helena.any congratulations

Many congratulations to you on creating and organising such a wonderful event. I wish you every success with it. Someone is going to win an amazing basket!!Lucky, lucky person!!

Well done to you and many congratulations to all involved.

Jennifer

Hey Helena.

The basket sounds wonderful and Sylvia you have a beautiful soul :)

Helena would love if you could put a picture of this beautiful basket when it is finished would love to see it

Thanks so much for sharing

Love Dianna xxx

Thanks Dianna  !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Wow, Helena, what a fantastic gift it is going to be.  You will have to let us know how it goes. Gail

LOL Sylvia....by the time we are finished....I may need a truck to carry a few baskets to the Fundraiser!!!!

Thanks girls!!!  I will keep all of you posted as the weeks pass....as Sylvia and I work together to fill up the basket.  Yes, I will take a few pictures Dianna, once it's all wrapped up nice and post the pictures here and also on Facebook.   :)

Helena...xx...

Hey is it the ice truck you may need because I have got one of those courtesy of Joy :-

Could probably find another one if you needed it !!!!!!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   La tua amica wee Scottish

LOL!!!!!!  Sylvia.....remember the Fundraiser is in November....so I don't think I need an ice truck when it's already cold outside!!!! 

Maybe we can convince Michael to show up at the fundraiser dressed up as Santa Claus....now that would be cool!!!!!   :)

Thanks Mariu!!  :)

Helena...xx..

Hi, Helena and Sylvia

WOW !!! It's great, good job.

I hope the girl wins this basket  appreciatte it...... Congrats !!!

Take care

Mariu

Just an update on the gift basket......

Sylvia has sent me beautiful Christmas place mats and coasters, Scottish Napkins and a Scottish magnet for fun!!  I have ordered Michael's Christmas CD This is The Time, and I plan to pick up a 5 x 7 picture frame to put in one of Michael's photo's that Sylvia sent me weeks ago.  Sylvia is still in the works with sending me a few 45 records too.  Once I get most of these items together, I will give the basket a dress rehearsal and see how it looks!!  Then I can work it out with Sylvia to see if we need to add anything else!!  So it's really coming together nicely....   :)

Helena...xx...

Thanks for the update Helena and I can't wait for the dress rehearsal for I am pretty sure MB will end up in some positions we have never seen him before !!! LOL.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

You mean I should take that picture of Michael and put it upside down......No!!!!!!  I'm a nice Bolton fan.....I would never do that...LOL!! 

Helena...xx...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service