I am very disappointed to report that Michae'ls new album debuted at a very low number 166 on the Billboard official album chart in the USA.

Despite three great TV appareances, this album is one of Michael's worst debuts in the US charts... I don't know where thta comes from. Only our US friends could tell us but there seems to be very very little radio airplay for "Murder My Heart" in the US. No press review or interviews either. So sad to see that this album, Michael's best in years, is gonna disappear so soon from the US charts. Can you tell us US friends : did you see the album in your local store . did you hear "Murder My Heart" on your fave radio ?

Anyway, this is so disappointing, I don't understand what happened...

Views: 254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was the same inthe UK, no advertising to speak of. A handful of TV interviews but no real hard push.

I think we as fans, advertised the album more that the record label did!

There just doesnt seem to be any sense of 'urgency' from the label to push advertising and increase the sales.

I dont understand it.

Love Jennifer XX
you are so right jen we said this before it was released in the uk not enough promoting by the record label and not enough air play on the right stations ,there should have been cd signing ,advertising more , i think michael done his fair share of interviews ,there was no adverts on the tv promoting it before it was released ,and most of all the single was released to soon after what little promoting was done ,this is just my opinion :(

Nope, I don't listen to local top/pop radio tho, if they played it I wasn't really tuned in but I've not heard anyone else say they heard new Bolton music and people that know me tell me when they hear MB stuff or see advertising etc. They've not played it locally in stores or anything...I did see the Access Hollywood video so I guess that was some promo besides the 3 TV spots. I agree it should have been promoted HARDER here...The distribution in stores wasn't great here locally on release day, may be better by now. I think there should have been more advertising here....sad, it's been this way here for the last few albums so it seems. I hoped he would have done more morning shows to promote it here on TV too, like Today, Good Morning America etc...but it never happened. Also, what happened to the spread in People Magazine, wasn't he supposed to be in it too? I've not seen/heard much about it.

So I dunno, in Maryland, I've not seen/heard alot about it unfortunately...

Robin :(

The People spread is the May 31st issue...that's what Michael's office was told.
Thanks Gail, Glad it's still coming out! Will keep an eye out!
Robin :)
Hi Gail, I just checked the People magazine issue May 31st, but unfortunately it isn't in it. I stood at the checkout and flipped through it twice, just to make sure. It has a large spread on Jesse James and the latest American Idol but nothing about MB. Hopefully, it will be in next weeks.
HI GAIL! WHAT HAPPEN TO THE SPREAD IN PEOPLE MAGAZINE DID I MISS IT? I DID NOT SEE IT IN THE MAY 31ST ISSUE

GLORIA

Hi all, for starters, Matthieu, great topic! I personally think that despite the slow start, it’s a little pessimistic to say the album will disappear quickly. I admit that the record company might be lacking in knowing how to promote Michael. Three appearances on various shows isn’t that much frankly, as great as they were. I agree with Robin that morning shows are a great place for promotion and so is radio. Does anyone remember how all out awesome the promotion was for OAWLY? As far as the CD goes, it’s everywhere in stores in my neck of the woods. You see Matthieu, as far as radio is concerned, in my humble opinion,I think that radio in general has pre-conceived ideas of what is “Michael Bolton”. They’ve stamped a time-label on his name and are content with it. I agree with Jen that we’ve been doing more promotion than the label has. At least in the U.K., the single was released before the album to create some momentum. I haven’t heard advertizing up here either and my kids are plugged in to pop radio and so far, nothing. “Murder my heart” was heard twice on my AC radio back in March, when it was released here but I haven’t been tuned in enough either. Let’s all hope that at least his concerts will be promoted better and that word of mouth will follow and that people call in to request the dang song! If it’s up to us, let’s do it! Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada P.S.: thanks Gail for the precision about the People Magazine!
Hi everyone,
So far I have not heard any Radio airplay for this CD here in the US. So what I did, was send one of the two that I purchased to a personal friend of mine, Bob Burgess at 102.9 FM out of Fort Myers FL, Bob's motto for this station is "Bob Plays Anything" and he has a huge following of listeners. I used to write the Love Dedications for Bob when he aired on another station a few years ago and I know Bob will play it for me, he used to play all of Michael's music to the dedications I wrote for the station until the syndication "Can" of Deliah took our spot. Anyways, I do hope this will help and that the production managers for Bob will allow it.
For what it's worth, when I was purchasing the CD, the clerk in the music section said that he didn't have a lot of people buying any of Michael's music as of late. I tryed to encourage him to listen to it, and told him to put the word out of this amazing work of Michael's. He said he would, also the cashier saw the CD and was excited about it, and she said she was going to buy it. I told her that I had purchased the only two in the store and she said, "thats ok I will have them order more"!

Kellie
I have to say im disappointed all round with the publicity that the cd has been given.Only for everyone here i wouldnt have even known anything about the new cd ,There has been no airplay either and my local station plays Michael a lot so im surprised .Im just wondering if Michael made the right move with his new management company ,to me it doesnt seem to have paid off but thats just my opinion.xx
I have and will continue to request new songs on our radio stations but it doesnt always work .xx
Good job Kellie! I think we should all do what we can to help because I'm sure every little bit helps. Personally, I did thank a Montreal AC radio DJ who gave the album a very good review. I've also written an E mail to the entertainment reporter on my local pop radio, telling her to listen with an open mind to the album before it was released, so she could give it a nice review too. I also requested "Murder my heart" on a request show. I'm not saying go parade in the streets, but if we can do anything to get the word out there, it's better than just sitting an complaining about management. Just my opinion. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service