I got this info yesterday but we had a terrible storm with a tornado come through and I've been without electricity and wasn't able to post...so sorry but wanted to let you know Michael took part in this event today:

Coalition to Host Major VAWA Rally in DC during National 10 Days of Action Campaign

VA Tech Shooting Survivor Colin Goddard and other advocates to tell Congress: Stop rollbacks and protect all survivors of sexual/domestic violence

WASHINGTON, DC – On Tuesday, June 26, 2012 from 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, a national coalition of national, tribal, state, territorial and local organizations, as well as individuals, committed to securing an end to violence against women will gather at the United States Capitol in support of provisions in The REAL VAWA (S. 1925 - Violence Against Women Act reauthorization).

Supporters of The REAL VAWA will call on Congress to solve their procedural differences and begin working on a bill that resembles S. 1925 in full, with all of the provisions included, before the elected officials take their July 4th vacation.  The REAL VAWA will better serve ALL survivors and contains NO rollbacks to the current VAWA.

WHAT

Capitol Hill Rally during National VAWA Days of Action

WHO

National Task Force to End Sexual & Domestic Violence Against Women: A coalition of national, tribal, state, territorial and local organizations, as well as individuals, committed to securing an end to stalking, and sexual and domestic violence against girls women, boys and men.

Speakers include: Colin Goddard, survivor of the April 16, 2007 Virginia Tech mass shooting; The Honorable Daniel K. Akaka, Chairman, Senate Committee on Indian Affairs; Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever, National Council of Negro Women; Juan Carlos Arean, Casa De Esperanza; Terry O’Neill, National Organization for Women; Juana Majel, National Congress of American Indians; Rabbi David Saperstein, Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism; Michael Bolton, Musician, Singer, Songwriter; and many more.

WHEN

Tuesday, June 26, 2012, 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.

WHERE

U.S. Capitol, Area 9, Enter site at the intersection of 1st Street and Constitution Avenue NE

WHY

As more and more legislation is stalled due to Congressional gridlock, we need Congressional leaders to hear our strong and united message once and for all: your work on VAWA is not over.

We have too much at stake and doing nothing is not an option. Supporters will stand strong during the National 10 Days of Action as we fight to push VAWA over the finish line!

MORE INFO:           www.4VAWA.org  |   Twitter: @NTFVAWAFacebook link                                           #ReauthorizeVAWA  |  #RealVAWA  |  #VAWA  

###

The National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence Against Women (“NTF”) is focused on the development, passage and implementation of effective public policy to address domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault and stalking. The full membership of the NTF is comprised of a large and diverse group of national, tribal, state, territorial and local organizations, as well as individuals, committed to securing an end to violence against women. Included are civil rights organizations, labor unions, advocates for children and youth, anti???poverty groups, immigrant and refugee rights organizations, women’s rights leaders, education groups, and others focusing on a wide range of social, economic and racial justice issues. For over a decade, the NTF and its numerous subcommittees have been an important vehicle through which to promote our shared public policy goals.

For more information on ntf, please visit: 4vawa.org.

P.O. Box 75177 | Saint Paul, MN 55175 US

This email was sent to fchinchilla@rabengroup.com. To ensure that you continue receiving our emails, please add us to your address book or safe list.
manage your preferences | opt out using TrueRemove®.
Got this as a forward? Sign up to receive our future emails.

email marketing by The Raben Group

=

Views: 858

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for all that information Gail and all I can do is reiterate what everyone else has said and that is to THANK YOU Michael for all you say and do for the voiceless .....thanks !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Below is a link to interview Michael did whilst at Capitol Hill yesterday........

http://mrctv.org/videos/michael-bolton-chris-brown-should-be-advoca...

Gail has already posted this video but thank's Sylvia! Xx

Sorry about duplication.....didn't realize all those links added to the blog contained anything different to what had been posted here thought that was just extra pictures with same stories as Gail had already transferred because I did check to see if I could see link first....sorry !!! :)

Oh no problem Sylvie! I was not sure if you had seen the link that was posted that had all those other links! I am a huge fan of Michael's! I have been a fan since I was 6 and I am now almost 31! His music is amazing and the work he does for woman and children at risk is so important to me as I am a victim of DV myself! I hold his work for this cause so close to my heart!!! Michael truly is my hero!!! Gail thank you so much again for posting this information!! Xx

Hey Sylvia, rather get it twice than not at all...LOL

Robin in MD :)

Thanks Gail for all the info and all the links. Our Michael  is just awsome and God bless him for staying this much hands on committed all these years. I loved the interview about Chris Brown and wouldn't I love to hear that conversation... Thank you so much for all this Gail, glad you're okay girl, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: Shannon, good to read you on here sweetie, hope you're doing well!

Thanks, Gail!

Anna (in MO)

Thanks Gail! I am certainly hoping that the bill is renewed!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Here are one or two more pictures of Michael at the rally on Capitol Hill on Tuesday.........

Don't know the significance of the 90 minute old cassette tape or is MB fooling around and kidding on to take pictures with ??

Great photos Sylvia..thanks :))) Love his hairdo!!! I know some have their scissors ready....and I say....awww....just a few more days please!!! I love the curls....lol  Oh yes...back to the cause...VAWA..I got a but distracted...LOL Ok...a LOT distracted.......

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service