WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108084

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Sylvia. Here the side two. I could copy!
P.S. Many thanks for it! A nice interview. Michael never tiredly! This pleases us everybody! And he also knows that his loyal fans his music love! All the same what he sings!!!

(Page 2 of 2)

Q: What can you tell me about “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough”?

A: It was like a trip back to my childhood. As a kid you just knew that these songs were going to be around a long time. A lot of great songs were written and produced in Hitsville, a place in Detroit where Motown was born. Artists of that early Motown era were defining music and inspiring artists everywhere. Artists like Stevie Wonder, the Temptations, the Four Tops, Marvin Gaye and more. They were some of the greatest artists of all time, all in one place, and I learned a lot and got an inside look into them. It was like doing a documentary and I saw the challenges and the future of Detroit. I have been doing a lot of these classics in my live show and when you come see me, we will walk through at least six genres of music ranging from the blues, to R&B and more.

Q: With you constantly touring and recording, do you ever get tired?

A: Never. I get tired of long flights and sleeping on a tour bus, but I love what I do, so that’s the payback for it all.

Q: I’ve got to ask about Jack Sparrow and the digital short. How much fun was that and will there be another?

A: I knew you were going to say Jack Sparrow (laughing). I just met with Akiva, who is part of that 3-headed monster called the Lonely Island guys. Jack Sparrow was crazy and brilliant, and I am glad they came to me with the idea. It has had over 20 million views on YouTube. Everyone wants to know if we will do it again. The bar is set so high I don’t know how we could top that. We just don’t want to go do it just for the sake of doing it. When we filmed it, it was so much fun and we wanted to keep going and going. We shot it like a movie, and it was brilliant. We are talking about doing another, but we would need some support because it would take quite a budget to do it right.

Q: Which do you find more enjoyable, writing and recording your music or breathing new life into classics?

A: Wow, that’s tough. It is very gratifying when you create something that becomes a hit around the world. When I hear one of my songs on the radio, I can remember where I was when I wrote it and I know the ideas behind its inception. It has a profound effect on you as an artist. As a singer, you love to sing, no matter what it is, but there is a different type of satisfaction when singing your own songs and you look out and see people singing along with something you created. It is very moving and powerful, so that might “one up” doing a classic. When I do a classic by Otis Redding or some legendary performer it is very deep and I have met some of the families of these great artists, but it just means a little more when it’s a classic of your own.

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks Sylvia and Petra. Nice article.

Robin in MD :)

The next show on MB's tour is at the Florida Theater, Jacksonville, FL on Friday, March 14, 2014

I have a friend attending and hope to hear from her.  She did say MB was in great form in Clearwater but did not give me alot of details. Sounded like he was his old self!!!! :)

Everyone going to this one Friday have a blast. Feel free to come in and post some reviews!!!!

Robin in MD:)

Probably got to play some golf.

He posted that photo the other day about being out in fresh air, looked like that was on a golf course.. LOL

Robin in MD :)

Thanks Sylvia and Petra for the article. Sylvia, I personally haven't read this particular article before, although a lot of the usual info is repeated. I'm sure the "20 million" was just a typo. Take care ladies and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada :D

Sylvia some Florida advertisement keeps popping up blocking the article:((. I will try again later.
Thanks Petra, very nice article. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Kathy T you don't have to go into the link for the article is below it;  I have posted the first page and Petra has posted second.  In actual fact believe too advertisement that appears will disappear if you go up to right hand corner and click on the cross that is shown.

Thanks Petra for posting the second page.....danke !!!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Sylvia....I will try it in a little while. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Thanks always for all articles. I know someone who's going to Friday's concert. Knowing her, she'll give me a cellcert. :)))))

Nice article and thanks for posting :))) I wonder when the last time was that MB slept on a tour bus? ;)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Спасибо за статью. Желаю тем, кто пойдет на концерт, наслатиться чудесным голосом Майкла.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service