WELCOME EVERYONE TO THE 2014 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2014 Tour Review Thread.  The upcoming year is going to be exciting with so many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, videos etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and the MBC Charity Event which will most likely be held later in the year too. Michael has multiple projects in the works so we never know what will happen next!!!! I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2014 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2014 to all of you!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 108085

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because I have my office at home (we have own company) I sit the whole day on the computer. And as soon as I have a small break, I look for information. This is no work for me; it has become the obsession. Maybe it becomes less if I have visited two concerts. My "work" is to appreciate by you everybody. Many thanks to you all!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

You mean tea/coffee breaks and lunchtime you spend looking at Michael Bolton Petra.....what a very, very sensible thing to do !!!! lol  As I said glad you do because of all the wonderful information you have been finding....danke again Petra !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

http://www.nacion.com/ocio/musica/Critica-musica-arte-nostalgia_0_1...

An excellent criticism of Michael concert in Costa Rica.

Translation:

Music Review: The Art of nostalgia

BY Arturo V. Pardo / apardo@nacion.com - Updated April 5, 2014 at 12:00 am

A voice from the past that does not fade

I include myself in the group that issues etarias never heard Michael Bolton on the radio during its golden age. It is impossible , then, to appreciate the nostalgic songs which component - career part - holds today. "">But despite that , the end is more than clear that the artist maintains a much higher than that offered simple nostalgic value.

While there own issues that inevitably smell 90s from the first chords of the keyboard, his repertoire is very extensive tour of the American songbook in genres like ballad, blues , rock and of course , pop , between their own songs and covers handling down pat : ( Sittin 'On ) the Dock of the Bay ( Otis Redding original ) , Make You Feel my Love ( Bob Dylan authoring ) and the beautiful Georgia on my Mind ( Ray Charles work ">) , among others.

In each subject, Bolton boasts a voice that remains flawless despite the passing years . Therefore, it was a huge hit upon inviting him to a space environment tidy and welcoming to hear him sing . This , of course , was fueled by an excellent sound. In addition , the concert is a treat for the ear, also because of the taste and delicacy with which his band - led by saxophonist and keyboardist Jason Peterson Delaire - accompanying each song.

His show is the second of the evening titled Intimate Nights, Bachelorette Specials; Previous Ana Torroja was last February. This is an unusual to see famous artists space, especially when the level of closeness is such that Michael Bolton walked among the tables of their fans. Demanding more privacy that would be pure gluttony.

"">Moreover, as exclusive concert leads to some particular characteristics that are very rare , including listening to the artist reading thanking the sponsors of the evening.

Returning to the musical, the setlist of Bolton gives relevance to the collaborations he's done with other artists. Its main choir , Kelly LeBeck , becomes his soul mate when the time comes duets . ">With his voice , powerful and moving , made perfect team on topics such as How Am I Supposed To Live Without You and Is not No Mountain High Enough .

">However, the highest point within partnerships was left to the Costa Rican Sasha Campbell, who besides being part of the opening act , shared with Bolton on the theme Lean on Me ( Bill Withers original ) .

By their interaction, development , interpretation and throughout the piece seemed to have shared the national stage with the U.S. on multiple occasions. As popularly is said : taco taco occurred . ">Deserved ovation .

In a concert that never stopped being enjoyable also proved valuable to hear , from my first-hand stories of an artist who has been in the studio and on stage with colleagues from the likes of Bob Dylan , Adele, Luciano Pavarotti and David Foster. ">Similarly , surprise witness the singer was playing electric guitar with great skill, the subject of Robert Johnson Sweet Home Chicago, we even left the desire to be heard even amid so many blues ballads.

Some would believe that all the past was better, but after seeing Michael Bolton in a great presentation in the XXI century , it would be nonsense to continue thinking that Said I Loved You ... but I Lied and How Can We Be Lovers are its unique merits .

Thanks for that very lovely article Petra and believe Michael has, most definitely, a new fan !!!! :)   Danke !!! :)

Very nice article and true so true !!!....... thanks, Petra. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)
Can't wait for the 18th may Salford concert thanks to Gail for organising a missed concert ticket exchange. Michael signed our program's a few years ago after we waited outside in snow for a while after his concert had finished, maybe we will wait around again this time! Getting excited already. I remember the first time in the early 90's I went to see Michael at the NEC Birmingham and have seen him every time he has come to England except 2011 Sheffield when we were snowed in completely so this time nothing is getting in the way!

Congrats on your up coming Bolton concert Amanda!! Wishing you a wonderful time and do come back and tell us all about it :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Have a wonderful time, Amanda !!:).

Kathy T. :)

Have a great time Amanda.  Please come in after and share your review!!

Robin in MD :)

Hi Amanda and wishing you a fantastic concert and every, every good wish with the weather for I'm certainly hoping it is going to be one of the best May's we have seen in years and after what we have had I think we deserve it !!! :)  Keeping fingers crossed !!! lol

I have extended the CANCUN album by 9 pictures. Here three of it.

Hi Robin in MD, Robin R is going to the Palm Desert event on the 12th sweetie. She wished she could have gone to the San Diego event on her birthday but couldn't. In any case, she should have a fabulous time on the 12th, because I understand it's supposed to be a symphonic concert. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie QC Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service