Welcome everyone to the 2016 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!!MB has some Canada and USA shows in February and March 2016 and then he heads to the UK in April 2016!!!  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2016 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time again in 2016!! Let the year long concert party begin soon!! 

Views: 32703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi again Jan, thanks for your reply. Good for you getting your hubby to go and kudos on your great seats! Gabrielle seems to have been a hit with everyone in the U.K. and I’d say most reviews have been kind to Sam. Wow, thanks for your setlist and you did get lucky with “Steel bars”, because he doesn’t seem to sing it as often, according to fan reports. I’m glad for you all that you were able to get to the stage, even though the crowd was subdued. Your message could have waited for tomorrow sweetie, so thanks very much for replying right away. Goodnight Jan and thanks again for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

More from cardiff
Attachments:

Another very nice pic Jan. Thanks for sharing here! Feel free to make an album in the gallery too if you like.

Robin in MD :)

Hi Robin I've got loads of photos trying to make an album from my iPad but not successfully!! It's midnight now and I've got work in the morning (hmmm) I'm still buzzing but must get some sleep! I will try tomorrow
Another
Attachments:

Hi Jan, Thanks for your awesome review & for telling us some of the songs that were done. Neat the photos that you sent.

Hi Robin. I couldn't remember all the songs last night! When we went down the front an a4 sheet of paper with the set list was stuck to the sound thingy. I pointed it out to my fab new friend who I met there. We wondered if we could nab it. It was right by us at Michaels feet. She said its your idea you have it. I said no as she had travelled from Essex about 200 miles away. We waited till Michael had taken his bows and was leaving the stage. She got it! She's going to email me a copy and when I get that I'll put it on here. Interesting to see. A typed up list with exact timings of each song. One was crossed out must have changed his mind.x
Hi Jan..They print up a standard set list every show.. I collect them when I can. I have quite a few of MB's copies. But it is not always what they perform. MB can change it and he does quite often...LOL.

I am glad you had a fun time.

Robin in MD ;)

Thanks Jan for your review and your wonderful photos!! Sounds like you had a great time!! 
Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi there folks and thanks a million for the beautiful pictures Jan and so glad you enjoyed the show for AWESOME it certainly was.

One thing different on set list was he closed with Steel Bars not Georgia and it was fantastic.  He also sang To Love Somebody which he did in Bristol too it was only Brighton with LIAWT

He also left introduction on band until end and when he introduced Drew he said, kind of quietly, it was Drew's birthday and I shouted out Happy Birthday Drew and then someone up in the gallery shouted out too and suddenly we were all singing Happy Birthday and Drew looked absolutely delighted and Michael sang along and then finished it and he said "well, that was a first !!!"  He then introduced Nelson and he asked him if it was his birthday by any chance.  It was an absolutely brilliant and lovely moment !!! :)

When I met him and thanked him for another terrific concert he said, "yeah, but what a fantastic audience !!!"   AND, AND, AND folks I asked him about album and he said when he gets back in May he will be REALLY working on it.  He said he doesn't want to say anything on it right now and definitely not release date as he doesn't want to put out false information.  The end of conversation was really quite funny for, believe it or not, I was trying to back away from him because I knew for sure my time was up and he was still talking to me in repeating that he didn't want to say anything and give out false info and I was saying to him that is fine Michael that is great and thanks for saying, in May, you will be working on it again and I wished him good luck.

I didn't take as many pics this time because I took one at beginning of Milo and JP in corner and security saw the flash going off and came round and said for everyone to turn the flash off. I tried taking pics without but they are hopeless so it wasn't until later on a few flashes were going off so I reset my camera but I only took a few and kept space in between long enough that they wouldn't be able to suss out exactly where flash was coming from. I took a few at the stage but trouble was we were kind of jammed packed apart from everyone wanting to dance so movement pretty erratic as well as you could feel the vibration on the floor so my hand wasn't steady enough but here's a couple 

Night, night folks.... on to Bournemouth tomorrow !!! :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks for the review Sylvia. I hope he can work more on the album in May. That's promising news!!!  Yeah you gotta watch the dang security at some places, if you use a flash early on they find you. Sometimes I wait and turn it on later. I can take them w/o it on motion setting on my camera depending on the lighting and how close I am in the front by the stage. I can imagine the floor moving with you all at the stage too, I'v'e had that happen and you kinda gotta give up pic taking at that point till it calms down a little. LOL.

YES Love Steel Bars.  This one I take it is of Sweet Home Chicago. LOVE THAT ONE!!!

Thanks for the info on the album.  

Safe travels,

Robin in MD USA :)

Hey Sylvia, I had to get on here to see if you had kidnapped Michael yet, LOL! Sounds like you are flying high on your Cloud w/Michael & the Band! So happy for you:)! What a Birthday Party for you!

Mary (meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service