Welcome everyone to the 2016 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!!MB has some Canada and USA shows in February and March 2016 and then he heads to the UK in April 2016!!!  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2016 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time again in 2016!! Let the year long concert party begin soon!! 

Views: 32703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alll have an awesome time in Manchester. Be safe in your travels as well.

He is actually walking out with his guitar Robin on this tour but he still does sit on the stool for DOTB

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks Sylvia, I did see pics of him sitting then and playing.

Thanks again.

Robin :)

Another Amazing Night In Bournemouth 2016

Visiting the Bournemouth International Centre for my 6th Michael Bolton concert, I knew I was going to be in for a great night and I was not disappointed.
There's been a lot of talk around the structure of the shows with the band and Sam Fly being given more time than before to showcase their talents. I witnessed an older artist at the BIC a few years ago playing for only 45 minutes (less time than the support act) and was very disappointed. The fact is, if Michael pleased everybody and played every song, he'd need a concert of over 10 hours. To do what he does at the age of 63 is truly amazing. He still has the voice, the stage presence and genuine fun to keep majority of the fans happy. He comes as a package with his band. JP Delaire's sax playing was brilliant alongside Sam Fly's fantastic duets and solos of Missing You Now and When I'm Back On My Feet Again. Maybe Michael will include a medley of some of his greatest hits on a future tour but as a time filler, I thought Sam did a great job. I'd rather see Michael perform 14 songs brilliantly and leave us wanting more than push himself too far and struggle through 20+ songs of less than top quality.
Back to last night and Michael was on top form combining his greatest hits with songs from Timeless, the classics, Vintage, Swings Sinatra and Gems as well as the brilliant Sweet Home Chicago. The duet version of How Am I Supposed To Live Without You was superb as well as finishing the show with the fantastic Steel Bars.
I was also lucky enough to be next to Michael when he appeared in the audience to sing When A Man Loves A Woman and he shook my hand on the way back to the stage. We all hate to see our idols growing older but for me, Michael was just as good as when I saw him in my first concert back in 2007. Gabrielle was a fantastic support act and Michael came and gave the fans what we want. A chance to relive and enjoy the amazing songs that are the soundtrack to our lives and he is still one of the best in the business. Good luck for the rest of the tour Michael and hopefully see you over here again soon.
Great review Rob, glad you weren't disappointed! I too would sooner hear fewer top songs than more being pushed. My first concert was 1991 ! And I feel Michael has improved over the years, last tour was best yet, and love his confident banter with the audience, nothing like that back in the 90's!! Jp on the Sax is awesome alone!! So looking forward to Manchester tomorrow night and then the ultimate RAH, the venue itself says it all!! Will view as soon as I can!

Julie xx

Rob, thanks ever so much for your review. Neat you got to shake hands with Michael. Julie, have fun tomorrow night. You know the deal to bring back the reviews.

Hi Rob, thanks for posting your review here too.  YES MB gets better and better I think too. He's like fine wine that way! LOL So glad you got to shake his hand and was close to him in the audience. MB is the best I totally agree.. No one can sing like MB!!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Hi Rob and thanks so much for your fabulous review! Thanks also for sharing your previous experience. I’m really glad for you that you got your handshake with Michael. Rob, I have to say, if fans only wrote reviews like yours, Michael would probably never stop touring. :D There are a few fans in another thread:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/nottingham-show-2016

...which were , let’s just say disenchanted with the set-up, so if you have a minute, I think it would be great if you shared your impressions of the concert there too. Well anyway, thanks again ever so much Rob, much appreciated, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Rob and thanks a million for super review and so, so glad you enjoyed show and had terrific time !!! :)

I agree with your review and for me that guy is giving 200% on that stage and for those who can't see, or appreciate, that fact, it is their loss.

I'll be back on later today, or tomorrow, with review for getting ready now to head back up road.  One thing you forgot to add to review Rob was your super picture of Michael in action and hope you don't mind my sharing it on here.....

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

I met Michael again, on Saturday in Bournemouth, I had the CD , that he signed previously, its 24 years old, with his long beautiful hair.

I will be going to London to see him again, in few weeks, maybe the concert will be slightly different 

His concerts have changed over the years, but this time he did spend less time stage.

Thanks for taking the time to post, Rob.

I went to Brighton. I wasn't disappointed this time, having been to a concert a couple of years ago at Bournemouth, where initially I felt a bit cheated that Michael wasn't on stage singing as long as he had been on previous visits. Then I realised something: like all of us, he's got older, by 23 years, than when I first saw him live. Back then, he was performing almost every night, playing softball when touring, never really drawing breath. In those days, I would run up the stairs, chase after the kids, hold down three part-time jobs. Could I do that now? Not a chance! So why should we think Michael can? I've noticed these past few years, he doesn't charge around the stage any more, and he performs less of the energy-sapping rock numbers, but the voice is still sensational, better than ever at Brighton, I thought. His stage presence has improved, he's much more relaxed and enjoys interacting with the audience as much as we love to respond. And those eyes still pierce my soul.

Ticket prices are not cheap, especially if you want a good seat, and if you have to travel and stay over, adding n the cost of food, then a concert can be an expensive venture. So I can understand that people want their money's worth, but I do think we still get that from Michael. I agree with you, quality not quantity these days, and I want Michael to keep coming over here and singing for us. As long as he can keep doing that, and as long as I am able too, I will be there to listen.

Margaret in Kent

The next show on MB's UK tour is at Newcastle City Hall, Newcastle, UK on Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Everyone have a great time!!! Keep the reviews coming!!

Robin in MD USA :) 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service