Welcome everyone to the 2016 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!!MB has some Canada and USA shows in February and March 2016 and then he heads to the UK in April 2016!!!  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2016 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time again in 2016!! Let the year long concert party begin soon!! 

Views: 32706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Katrin,
Yeh and safe travels for you, RAH is the start of a break for us, MB Thurs, Mowtown the Musical Friday, the Sunday we leave London for a week in Mallorca , so really looking forward to it all, All planned round Michaels tour, always try to do at least two, one up North then RAH. Hope to catch you if not Enjoy

Julie

Hi Julie and thanks a lot for your review. Yeah, that’s too bad Michael and Gabrielle couldn’t at least put one duet together. I remember in ’98, Wynona was opening for Michael and they did sing “It takes 2” during Michael’s part. You know, I seem to remember other comments from a few years back, where a certain venue in Manchester was problematic, but I can’t remember the reason why... In any case, it sounds like the show was quite a party, so good for you Julie! BTW, the RAH isn’t just Michael’s fave venue in the U.K., but in the whole world, so anyone going will be in for a treat. :D Thanks again for sharing Julie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Quick wee review on Bournemouth concert and firstly to get the bad parts out the road.....security were a pain in the ass !!!! LOL  Firstly we had Hitler's wee sister beside us and one girl had out a camera during Gabrielle's set and she was over right away and telling her NO PICTURES.  What annoyed me was girl was just behind me and I was in front row so Hitler's wee sister lent across me to speak to girl and blocked my view of show.  Must admit girl did annoy me too for she kept taking camera out and why I don't know, when Hitler's wee sister was standing in the same position all the time so, saw her immediately.  When Michael announced to take all the photos you wanted everybody cheered and a lot had camera phones on at that point but some did take out cameras and were using flashes....Hitler's wee sister was on the move again the minute she saw a flash.  Michael needs to say flashes are okay for she couldn't say anything about taking photos but of course jumped on the flashes.  Needless to say I never bothered taking my camera out of bag.

When Michael was singing WAMLAW a few of us made our way to stage and just as he was coming back onto stage this security guy came tearing in between me and stage, shouting, back to seats ladies, back to seats and pushed me so much so, because I never saw him coming in at my side, I almost landed on my arse.....angry.....just a little.   Very quietly, very quietly he got a mouth full from me and he looked down at me and I said got a problem with that son because if you have I've a problem with you assaulting me and I will take it to the police and I said you are nothing but a bully.  I then said to him ask Michael what he wants because at this point we always come to stage at a Michael Bolton concert so go and ask Michael what he wants.....and BTW, that I did not say quietly.  He got on his radio and was looking across to centre and then he disappeared and we were left alone.  At M&G I met Joan Barnett.  I had met her before because had seen when she was coming in and going to her seat which was further along from me.  She said about security guy getting onto them in the centre and I can't publish on here what Joan said to her's (LOL) but it was as good as I gave mine so Joan and I agreed that between the two of us we have these security guys well wrapped up !!! LOL

Now, BACK TO THE GOOD PART ....... the show was phenomenal and Michael gave 200% on that stage and he hit ever darn note going.  You should have heard The Prayer and the ending of SILYBIL, by God, he was as good as way back in 90's at holding those notes, fantastic !!!  He only shook hands with a very few right along at opposite side to me but I believe partly because stage is very high at that venue and also the way the sound cables were laid believe it would have been far too big a stretch for him and if by chance someone had managed to get hold of his hand think they could have pulled him off stage because of having to lean forward and bend forward he could have been off balance.  BUT ..... but, was a happy bunny, OH YEAH, for on first time along our side I got the look of the eyebrows raised and second time,eyebrows raised and a smile and third time....well folks....OMG one I will never stop seeing, I got the, bend forward, look under the arm, as he was moving off across stage .... talk about heart skip a beat time. He IS some guy and sure knows how to make this old woman feel happy !!!! lol  

Can I be totally self indulgent on here now and for those not on FB post on here my photos with Michael starting in Brighton, then onto Bristol, Cardiff and lastly Bournemouth.

Roll on GLASGOW and we've got snow coming in for Friday ...OMG !!!! lol

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks for sharing your concert experience again Sylvia. We have rough security before too and I've said to them MB allows us to go to the stage at that point after he's back for WAMLAW and they finally usually go away once they hear from MB's people it's ok. We've stood our ground at times at the stage too and had to look at MB like "HELP" and eventually if we all stay up there they go away and let us depending on the situation.Some times you cannot go as people are sitting right at it and I don't want to block anyone who have front row seats and we cannot go but when we can we go too girl!!LOL   No one has ever pushed me or shoved me but I know that has happened to other fans here in the states..  Some of the local security people get too bossy and nasty and they get bossy with the photo taking too. I don't use a flash if I'm up close if I can help it not to flash in MB's face and I'm always glad when he makes the announcement tho as it does make life easier usually. Sorry you didn't get to take any but I understand if you cannot w/o the flash.  I hope they are ok about it at the rest of the shows you go to.  I've not taken any at a few over the years believe it or not too or just wait till the end and take some.  Yes those looks from the stage are priceless. I can picture what you are describing. I am glad he is sounding great. Hopefully he's good to go and will be good from here on out and back in the states.

Be careful if you are to get some snow, hopefully not much!!!!

Have fun

Robin in MD :)  

Hey Sylvia, thanks again for the great review. Good for you standing your ground with security!  I’m glad to hear Michael seems to sound better than ever and that you’ve had your special moment from the stage too. :D  I’m guessing no different song? In any case, glad you had a good time with the “good part”. :D Take care Sylvia and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experiences! Love the pictures. I feel you with security, what a pain some of them can be. Glad you stood your ground and gave 'em hell :) Be safe in your travels.

Lynn

Hey Sylvia

Shame about security at Bournemouth, I've not experienced any problems with them there in the two concerts I attended in previous years. However, it wasn't the case in Manchester in 2010, when no-one any further back than the front row was allowed to come forward, and some fans were manhandled. I was in the front row, but did feel bad for everyone else, and the atmosphere was spoiled by it; in the end, there were just three of us up close. It does leave a sour taste, but I guess it depends on the venue and the instructions given to staff. Safety, of the artist and of the crowd, has to top priority, but in general Michael fans are controlled in their behaviour and, well, we just love those magical Michael Moments, don't we? I did resent the 'fence' at Brighton, that seemed very odd in itself. Anyway, hope you have a better experience as you travel on. Love the hairstyle changes, too. Do ask Michael 'what's with the scarf?', it seems to be appearing in every stage outfit now.
Regards
Margaret
Hi Margaret,

Agree with scarf comment, appeared last tour two years ago, friend I went with was like " wots with the scarf"? Seems to appear end of show, I thought was hiding neck, and aging but it not hiding that anyhow!!! But I don't really care, love him scarf or not!!!
Absolutely, he could wear pyjamas, I wouldn't care, as long as he keeps on singing. Perhaps I'll knit him a new scarf. Or we could all make a bit, join it together, make it as long as Tom Baker's as Dr Who.

Enjoy RAH, Julie. Wish I could be there.

Margaret in Kent

Have created album of various pics from UK 2016 Tour and here is link http://www.michaelbolton.com/photo/albums/various-pics-from-uk-2016...  Obviously as more photos are gathered will add and let you know when I do.  

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks for all reviews & awesome about photos. Those traveling tomorrow, have an awesome time, come back with reviews, but mainly travel safely up&back.

Great pics Sylvia, all of them, and thank you for the review !!!! :). Safe travels and fantastic concert wishes to all.....hope the snow stays away too !!!!! Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service