Welcome everyone to the 2016 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!!MB has some Canada and USA shows in February and March 2016 and then he heads to the UK in April 2016!!!  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2016 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time again in 2016!! Let the year long concert party begin soon!! 

Views: 32706

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great way to celebrate your birthday girls. Happy for both of you. Much love.

Patience
Michael was awesome at Mayo Performing Arts Center last night. He did a song that will be on the new CD. Stand By Me and he sang it at center stage standing and playing guitar. I loved it. I took mom with me and we both had a great time. I will post a review and pics once we are home.

MB and band rocked!!

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for popping in Robin and will wait patiently, I think, for review !!! LOL  Been pretty terrific this morning seeing everything on FB and it sure sounds as though it was a super show and so, so glad everyone eventually made it.... they were sweating buckets in the morning praying hard they were going to get out of Buffalo and get there in time, so glad they did and safely too !!! :)

Sylvia  Your wee Scottish friend

Thought would post this on here and it is pic Michael has sent of himself from Niagara Falls which you can see in background and below is comment he's sent with pic and would say although terrific photo of him he does look cold even though looking pretty well wrapped up with a few layers on.  Did check temperature for the shows and it was -16 on Saturday going up to -11 on Sunday.....positively balmy, yeah !!!! LOL

Great shows up near !! But it was soooo cold. Made it back home safely!

Sylvia    Your wee Scottish friend

Thanks Sylvia for sharing. Oh yes, it was very cold here that weekend. MB does know how to bundle up, but still show enough. Lol. Much love.

Patience

Thanks for posting this here, MB is handsome no matter what isn't he.  Cool photo, He talked about the weather messing up all their travel plans to get to the NJ show last night. I had my own issues and boy I could relate.. LOL  

Thanks again for posting.

Robin back in MD :)

Hi again all, I am home and doing some things and working on photos. I got some OK ones but not as many that I really liked this time.

I will put some in the gallery. I tell you the weather took a toll on everyone for this one. I hope to have a review up later tonight or tomorrow. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I may not have it edited to post till later tomorrow. 

I hope the other gals like Sally and Lee and Joy and anyone else that were also there come in and share their fun. Some of those gals had the prime seats for when MB walked into the audience. Way to go ladies.  My mom and I had a fun time and we talked to Ashley and Kelly both after and took photos with them.

More to the story later.

Here are a few pics.

Robin back in MD, tired but smiling! MB is always WORTH the work to get to see him.  After 22 years of driving around near and far he's always worth it!!! :)

This is during Stand By Me. I had the mic in the way for some of my pics unfortunately, that's the price I paid for sitting close to front row dead center I guess.. LOL

MB and Kelly doing their thing and killing it. Mom's all time fav song is The Prayer and I messaged Kelly on Facebook and mentioned it and she motioned to mom when she came out. After mom got to tell her how much she loves the duet Kelly does with MB. My mom was first one up I think giving them a standing O for that one!LOL Go Mom!!!

I didn't catch everyone but was trying to get MB's big smile at the end.  He and the band were great and the audience really gave them the love!!! Loud and fun audience.  

Ok more later.

Robin in MD :):)STILL SMILING!!!! :)

Michael mentioned how they had a hard time getting out of Canada and he got in at 5:30. I guess some of them got out from the Ontario airport and others had to go to Buffalo. I did see post from Ashley and Ryan and the Buffalo airport waiting for the planes to de-ice. On the news, there were stories of cancelled flights from Buffalo. So I guess they all made it out in time. Michael talked about having to be there since he couldn't be there for the original show. and kept making faces whenever he mentioned how rested he and the band were.

Michael was in a good mood and said something to Kelly I didn't catch and Brian just started cracking up at the piano. It made Michael turn around and look at him. I don't think I've ever seen Brian do much of a smile. Michael mentioned the CD he was working on and sang Stand by Me. Ashley was in a hurry to leave, but it was nice of her to spend a few moments chatting with us. Kelly told us this was her last show with Michael, she didn't say why but that Michael already has a new singer hired. She had her niece there, 4 years old and Kinsey told us she could sing to! I hate to see Kelly go, I just loved her. She was so friendly and beautiful.

When Michael talked about being first at signed at 16 and only selling 12 copies of his record that his parents bought. Some guy in the back yelled "I bought 1". Michael thought it was funny and said okay he sold 13.

It was a nice venue. A wide variety of ages. But I loved the 2, 22 year old girls wearing MB shirts and singing along to all the songs. When Michael went back to the stage after "Woman", he reached out and touched their hands. They were so excited jumping up and down. I saw them hanging out, outside waiting for Michael to leave.

Maybe someone else can jump in and mention what I missed. My brain is still asleep! Lol

Hey Sally, Was good to see you. My brain is dead about now too!  Your review was great!! Thanks so much for posting!!  I am glad you mentioned a few things I forgot as I'm going to post my review here too in a few minutes.  Yes that guy that yelled out was beside my mother. That was funny.

I was sad too when Kelly said after the show it was her last one with MB. I hope she's back again in the future and even more so glad Mom got to meet her after seeing her with MB for a few shows she attended with me the last few years.

Yes their travel plans were sure messed up by Mother Nature. Sorry if my review duplicates some of the things in yours. I'm glad you posted.. I didn't see Brian crack up, I missed that and yes it's hard to even see him back there half the time. LOL

Robin in MD :)

Concert- Morristown NJ  2/16/16

Hi all.  I wasn’t even sure I was going to get there for this one as Mother Nature wasn’t playing nice here in MD and evidently not in Canada or Buffalo either for MB and the band and crew to get to NJ for the show.  We had a bit of snow but then sleet and freezing rain Monday night and we woke up to a icy mess and bad roads on Tuesday morning. The one savings grace was it was getting warm quickly but we had heavy rains and fog too, such fun, what we will do to get to see MB! LOL. So after deciding to leave mid-day around 11:00 we went in pouring rain most of the day but by then roads were not slippery. We had a bit of congested traffic but we made it in time to our hotel. It seemed a lot longer than the 4.5 hours it took to get there. I was tired and I hadn’t even gotten to the show yet, but MB excitement was all I needed!  It was a relief to know they band got there; we saw some of them in the area near the venue when we were eating so that was a relief. LOL  I had read the band were stuck in Buffalo due to weather too that morning and prayed they would get there.

We saw one of his staff before the show and I sent his birthday card back for him. It’s a little early but I was glad to get it to him if I could.  

We were blessed with the good luck of front row seats. I had not planned to go to this one the first time it was scheduled as I had plans for other shows close to the same time but when it was rescheduled I was able to get great seats!  Mom has not been with me to a concert since the fall of 2013 and since my friend wasn’t going this time mom was glad to go along. She always has loved seeing MB and Kelly sing her favorite song, The Prayer.  I wanted her to finally get to meet Kelly and tell her.  I PM’d Kelly on FB and told her about that and I’m glad I did.  More on that later too. 

We saw Joyce and Sally and Joy and Lee and the gang too. It was nice seeing them all again, and they had prime seats for MB’s trip to the audience. I hope some of the ladies come on and share their fun too here.

The place was pretty packed and it was a lively audience yelling out stuff and MB was doing his quick comebacks as always.  MB was in a happy mood despite them all struggling to get there. He mentioned the troubles to get there and that they got iced out in Buffalo and he turned to his band and asked if they were doing OK back there and they all said yes. He seemed so proud of them and gave the props and said,  Such Professionals or something like that, he used the word Professionals.  You could tell he was proud of them doing what they had to do. He commented also about getting in at 5:00 a.m. and made a face like he was tired. LOL He did it all in fun, and when he commented about all that people were saying stuff and I said, We did too, in the moment he talked about the weather and he looked down and smiled and said “ You too? Then it was meant to happen!”  Meaning the show was meant to happen.  LOL 

MB sang the same songs as before till later in the show. He really killed it on That’s Life and there were some guys in the front row by my mom, and they were yelling and giving him Standing O’s for a lot of the songs. LOL  That one especially. I saw one guy put a baseball cap up on stage for MB too, someone else moved it.  Jason and the band were rockin as usual and he said hi to me too when he cane over to do his thing. I took pics of him like always too. Kelly said hi to me when she got on stage for the duets and she then smiled at my mom.  I was glad I messaged her I was bringing mom. 

When MB did the duets as you have seen in some of the videos that Joyce put up on FB they were amazing.  When they were done The Prayer my 81 year old mom was the first one up before those guys beside her giving MB a standing O and she went to the stage too and kept clapping. GO MOM!!LOL   Kelly motioned and smiled to her and mom was in Heaven. She told her later how much she enjoyed that. LOL

MB went out into the audience for When A Man and came out the right side door and half way back the front section aisle.  Like I said some of the girls here were sitting there and I saw MB interact with them, which was awesome!!!!! Lots of flashing going off at that point too! LOL

Once back on stage I was hoping the guys by us would stand up there but no one did so we sat too. MB got done When A Man and then they brought out the blue guitar again.  I was wondering if he was doing Rock Me or something new.  Well it was different, he started talking about the new CD and being movie songs and started introducing Stand By Me. I loved him standing center stage and playing the guitar again the whole time. That was really cool.  I love him playing guitar anyway so that worked for me.  After that he still then did How Can We Be Lovers and he put the mic down my direction twice to sing even from the seats. LOL  He was doing his thing back and forth across the stage and it was hard to chair dance to that one. Then he launched them into TLT which was great too as always.

When we all stood and cheered and he was grinning from ear to her as he went off by me for the encore he pointed and smiled. LOL  I was hoping maybe we could stand at the stage for the encore but nope, it was Georgia and we all had to sit but it was fun anyway.

MB told us to take all the pictures we wanted at the start and everyone cheered but the venue had a no flash policy so I used my camera w/o flash on motion for most of the show till Georgia, then I turned it on. No one stopped me.  My bad!!LOL  He brought the house down, the crowd was cheering and clapping and no one really wanted this concert to end.  MB was smiling as big as could be and taking it all in.  They all were after the mess they had getting there and mom and I could really relate to that. MB was near center stage and saying by and I wished him safe travels and said I didn’t know when I would see him again and I held my hand out. He came over and took my hand and held it and said thank you for the lovely card Robin and smiled.   Then he walked off stage.  That was really sweet of him.  So I know he received his card. Yippee. That was a great way to top off the night and all the work to get us there!!LOL

I have his copy of the set list again and the crew guy that’s so nice to give them to me said it was wrong.  It sure is, LOL I made notes on it to remember what he did sing.

He sang, TLS, Doc of the Bay, Said I Loved You, You Don’t Know Me, That’s Life, Sweet Home Chicago, To Make You Feel My Love, Ain’t No Mountain, The Prayer, When A Man, Stand By Me, HCWBL, TLT and Georgia.  I think that’s right, if anyone else that was there remembered it differently please share. I think I have this correct.

After the show Ashley was coming across the stage and we talked and she came down to talk to the group of us there and I was finally able to get a pic with her and was fun with mom too, she didn’t want to do it but Ashley said sure you are LOL.  We were talking a little bit and then we went out to the merchandise table to see Kelly.  Mom got a CD copy signed and got to talk to her too and pics taken.  It was such fun, Kelly had some family there too and it was nice to see them.

Both of those gals are so sweet and talented.  It’s so much fun getting to chat with the band members.  We chatted with Sally and Joy and the girls for a while and then we eventually had to leave and go back to the hotel, which was just down the street.

Mom said today on the way home how much fun it was and I agreed, after we got there and the weather wasn’t an issue we did have a fun time.

Thank you again MB and band for starting out my tour year in 2016 with an awesome show.  I hope to see whatever the new show includes after the UK tour sometime this year. We just need some more concerts scheduled in the North East!!LOL

Also it sounds like according to Joe at the merchandise stand he will be having some new things in conjunction with the new album too. Not sure what all that will be but he’s working on some things.  Oh and mom wanted a mug so she got one and she wanted me to get one too so I did.. I guess I will be taking MB to work tomorrow!LOL 

I hope to have pictures in the gallery in a day or so.

Sorry again this was a long review.  I may have forgotten something as I’m tired.  Thanks for your review again Sally!  You remembered some things I forgot! :)

Robin in MD :):)

I forgot about that. I believe Joe said the new merchandise would be ready for the UK tour.

Yes he said that to me too.  See between us we will remember this stuff eventunally!LOL

Robin in MD:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service