Welcome everyone to the 2015 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with many concerts scheduled already around the globe!!! Those of you attending some of the Florida concerts in January,  2015 may see the upcoming Dreamjobbing winner performing as a backup singer for Michael!!  Feel free to share the details of your concert adventures, photos, etc.  This is the best time to be a Bolton fan with so many concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2015 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Happy Concert Time in 2015!! Let the year long concert party begin!!

Robin in MD USA :)

Views: 31480

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Robin and he is a native Canadian but now lives in New York and here is a video of one of his songs, "Fade Away"

https://youtu.be/cL_wd3_waww

He studied music and production and worked in production for a while and got a good name for himself and then started putting out his own music.   I rather like him apart from fact I think he is a good looking fellow and something about him always reminds me of a young Harry Belafonte.....yes, good looking !!! :)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend.

What great photos. Thanks Sylvie and Olivia and Sylvia for posting them!  Gail

Thanks for Chris's song. Awesome about Sylvie&Olivia's photos.

Wow.....super photos Sylvie and Olivia!! The one photo with the blue background and MB's blue guitar is beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Glad you enjoyed the pics Kathy, you're welcome sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Awesome pics ladies (Sylvie & Olivia)!!! Enjoy your stay on Cloud Michael:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Nice pic. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to Sylvie's review.

Robin in MD :)
Thanks for posting these for Sylvie, Sylvia. Lovely photo !! :). Well wishes to Sylvie and her family. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Montreal, Salle Wilfrid-Pelletier, Place Des Arts, March 11 2015

Hi everyone, here is my account of my long awaited MB experience. First, I want to collectively thank all my sweet well-wishers, on both BB and personal levels, either in PM’s, wall comments and on here, at a time I needed it and during the pending rescheduling last year. Well as most of you know, my concert had been a long time coming and I’ve even had time to become a grandma  and marry off my eldest since the postponement last year. In a way, I guess it was a good thing, stretching out the happiness and fun longer!:D So thanks to those happy events, I hadn’t had much time to focus on my pending concert. The best part of the postponement was that I dramatically upgraded my seats to second row! I did start the concert countdown back in January and frankly, actually felt the time flew by. That’s when life decided to throw me a curve ball: my husband had a bad fall at work last week and broke a couple of lims. He’s doing much better, awaiting a second operation and we know rehab will take a while, but we did have a bit of a rough patch, shifting my priorities. I’m only mentioning it for you to understand my state of mind. My husband knows how much Michael means to me and last week, laying on a gurney, waiting in pre-op and in pain, he squeezed my hand and said he didn’t want me missing my concert: I got myself awinner!   :D

It was already planned from the first ticket purchase back in September 2013 that my youngest daughter Olivia would be coming with me, hubby’s work obliging and she was looking forward to it, being one of my kids who survived my MB oversaturation unscathed. :D I thought I’d try asking Gail for an M&G, because I wanted to give Michael a handmade music box that I give to special friends. Gail let me know Monday that my request was in, but none would be issued before they got to the venue, which meant I’d only know half an hour before the show at will call. I thought: that should help me sleep... ;P So despite everything going on at home, I got prepared like any good BB would and despite the week’s fatigue, I woke up with a spark thinking: “I’m having a Michael concert today!”

My son-in-law was driving us, but he was having trouble getting out of work. Between arriving much later than expected, my pending M&G and having to do a drop-off at the hospital prior to the concert and downtown traffic, I was getting ready to talk into a banana phone at that point! Lol So we made it to Place Des Arts in good time, relishing I’d be hearing Michael in the same venue where I usually attend the opera. We got to will call, but they had nothing. We looked for a press table, not one in sight. Olivia asked a few strategically placed ushers, no luck. We found out later that no M&G’s were issued at all, so I guess I could relax and enjoy the show.

Getting to our seats in the second row, I was stunned to find, sitting a couple of seats from me, a department manager from my local grocery store who recognized me. I would have never pictured him to attend a Michael concert. I didn’t ask, but assumed he might have been there with his wife.   I warned  Olivia in advance that her mom would be turning into a fan girl and it’s very probable that if the store dept manager had any respect for me, he must have lost it that night...  XD Frankly, I won’t lose any sleep over it. :D

All right, down to business. The concert started pretty much right on time. I’ll tell ya: feeling the warm burst of energy from the “Go the distance” intro was the perfect statement to finally grasp: yes,I’m here! Michael started talking to the audience with the usual comments, saying he was glad to be back in Montreal. The venue had issued the announcement for no pictures and no recording of any kind, in both French and English before the show, but one of the first things Michael told us, was that many venues forbid them, but he wanted us to take as many as we wished, as long as it was his good side.  I yelled out: “Thank you!”. :D Of course, I can’t see them, but knowing I have these mementos means a lot to me, especially since I went with my daughter.

I have to say that overall, there wasn’t a tremendous amount of funny interaction, but the audience showed their appreciation with hoots and hollers, (not just from me) and people clapped along and sang along throughout the show. The coolest thing was that I heard even men yelling out stuff!

All right so Michael started the evening with “To love somebody” and fans came on board and started clapping along right away and heeded his: “Sing it to me...” happily. I loved that with his usual: “There’s more!” at the end, he added: “There’s still more!” when everyone cheered at pauses. I was also glad to hear people were getting into it, but I would have been the only one clapping and wouldn’t have cared. I felt like I hadn’t heard Michael in decades and he sounded fantastic on the high notes of DOTB. :D Between songs, some guy shouted out something about “Repeat after me” and Michael chuckled, feeling he had to explain for those who didn’t know. Then,introducing SILYBIL, he pulled out his Italian/European accent, stating  that people were confused about the meaning. I waited patiently for my perfect finale and enjoyed every millisecond of it, but then laughed at myself when I caught myself breathing heavily! Lol Michael and the bandd were sssssmoking on “Sweet home Chicago”, so I assumed no one heard me call out:”Mercy!” on Michael’s last chorus... XD   

Then time for the duets, which Michael introduced by saying he tried them by himself but found it very lonely... :D  It was obviously my first time hearing Amanda who said it was her second time in Montreal and she sounded amazing. It seemed that when he introduced “To make you feel my love”, Michael didn’t get the expected roar of recognition, so he started explaining who Bob Dylan was and that got him a laugh. I was torn getting into his silliness and when he mentioned that HAISTLWY was a very very very very very important song, I almost yelled out: “How important was it?” lol I hadn’t heard it sung live as a duet and when the audience jumped in at the first chorus, I almost forgot it was  a duet now. It’s a beautiful song and was/is sung beautifully, but to me, if you listen to the lyrics, it doesn’t make sense as a duet. Who am I to question Michael? :D Well anyway, Michael mentioned later that he was very impressed on how we sang along to this one and I even thought I heard Olivia sing along, so that was fun! I asked her later and she admitted that she may have picked up some lyrics during the “drilling years”. XD

I’m not sure, but I think it was Ashley who duetted with Michael on ANMHE and I quite enjoyed it too: she has a really nice and sweet voice, which was another audience participation highlight, as well as the Amanda medley and the other band members showcases. “The prayer” and particularly Michael’s sections were welcomed warmly and my beautiful “Nessun dorma” played in slow motion until the very last “Vincero”, which was bleeping awesome to hear bouncing off every surface of the theatre which is meant for opera. I allowed myself another session of sighs of satisfaction... I did  ride that wave of inspiration and couldn’t resist jumping in on Michael's statement about the Puccini mushroom and when he said no one could tell if he messed up the lyrics, I yelled out that I would! Lol 

Now during Amanda’s medley, as I’ve mentioned before, the audience participated clapping a long to “Missing you now” and I have to say I got a little goosebump hearing the music to those songs and did enjoy her rendition of WIBOMFA.

Since it seemed the M&G wasn’t happening, I pondered for a moment if I would hand Michael his music box, if he passed close enough to our area to shake hands during WAMLAW, but he was too far on the left, so my little golden bag went back in its hiding place. I know I could have tried handing it to someone in the crew or something, but my friends who know how much work I put into my creations will understandnd why I didn’t. When I asked her later, Olivia said she enjoyed the entire show, but she’s always had a soft spot for “How can we be lovers”. I remember her asking specifically for the live version I had on a single, as a little girl. :D The last song was TLT and the finale dragged on for a good while, as Michael thanked us profusely. It seems Montreal fans hadn’t had enough and called, clapped and whistled  for an encore, which we got. People started shouting titles they wanted to hear  and my neighbour to the left said “Can I touch you there”, as if she were afraid to shout it. :D  I cheerfully blew out a “Georgia” as loud as I could. Well my friends, low and behold, my 10 year wait was over and my exquisite “Georgia” was as sensuously delicious as the cheesecake that capped off my evening and was so perfect, it “pinged”... I closed my eyes and totally savoured it... It was the absolute best musical gift I could have gotten from Michael and thank God it seemed to go on in my mind for 45 minutes... I get teary-eyed just thinking about it...

Well unfortunately, as much as we all begged Michael to come back, I suppose  that “Georgia” couldn’t be topped, ;D so the concert was over. Just to make sure we hadn’t missed the passes, Olivia asked an usher who told us no one got any, so that made me feel a little better. The reality of having to get back home in the cold and a screaming teething baby soon dawned on us, but I knowit was well worth it. I think that I was still on the adrenaline of the concert the next morning, because even despite the week’s sleep deprivation, the coffee before bed, short night and early rise, I felt like myself again and my battery has most definitely been recharged. Well, until next time, thanks for reading and hope you enjoy the pictures also, thanks for the help Sylvia. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Oh! Sylvie! Loved your review. You write extremely well. I felt a tear or two in what you said about your hubby how he was on the gerney & wanted you to go to the show. What a babe but we've spoken on the phone. I felt like I was there. I'm glad Olivia enjoyed the show. :)

Michael rocked The Palace Theatre tonight!!!! Review later today hopefully. He was quite chatty and had a loud crowd. We had front row just left of center. Perfect spot. I got pics and will get them up when I can. Visiting my friend till Lancaster Tues night. My 140th show was a blast and MB tossed me his guitar pick! ! More later. I need sleep!! I need to gather my thoughts.

Robin in MD :)

Many, many thanks for your wonderful review, Sylvie!

You have placed a lot of emotions. I am very much happy for you!

Stay on your Bolton cloud; You're there not alone!

Petra (Germany)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service