Welcome everyone to the 2017 Tour Review Thread!   The upcoming year is going to be exciting with concerts scheduled already for 2017!!  MB has some USA shows starting off the year in January and more shows through early April so far and I’m sure many more to come around the globe as the year unfolds!  Also exciting for 2017 is the February 10th release of Songs of Cinema and I am betting a few more songs from the CD will make it in the tour setlist!  Woo Hoo!  This is the best time to be a fan with MB’s concerts and we may have a Michael Bolton Charities event later in the year, we never know. Michael has multiple projects in the works and he is good at keeping us guessing. I appreciate the opportunity to start a new thread once again for 2017 to give us all a place to share the best part of being a fan--- experiencing Michael in person doing what he does best-SING!!!!!! 

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past.  

Let the year long concert party begin and I wish concerts for all of you in 2017!! I know many fans are on other social media sites but I do hope we can continue with the exciting tour reviews here in 2017!  You all make the thread fun.  

Happy Concert Time again in 2017!!

Views: 16188

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LOVING it all Ann .... super duper !!! lol   Love too the ideas for names and have to say I do like Circular Motion plus Annie and The Bolotonizers and The Spiralizers.  As you will have gathered, I can't come up with anything ...... mind is a blank (some things never change !!! LOL)

Sylvia   Your wee Scottish friend

Hi Kathy!

Glad I made you laugh, but was not so funny at the time!! Lol

Yep my new single will be released soon, with Sylvia doing back up vocals!!!! "Lost In Poole" LOL 

Ann from Newcastle

LOL Cannot wait to hear it!!! :):)

Robin in MD :)

Pen has been put to paper Robin, watch this space!!!! Lol

Hi Ann, I really enjoyed your review! What a trip you had girl!! I understand how you would do it again, MB makes it all worth the work, time and effort to get to see him as soon as he comes on stage. LOL  I've said that too, you go girl.

I am thrilled you were able to shake his hand and speak with him, what an added bonus for you!!Woo Hoo! MB is the best.

Thanks for coming in and writing a fun review. I truly enjoyed reading it!

Hi Robin!

Glad you enjoyed my review about my adventure, oh yes it put me to the test at times I can tell you. I got 50 miles away from Poole and started to flap a bit, tiredness was kicking in and the last bit is always the hardest. I had to discipline myself, and say look you're nearly there keep driving girl because if you don't you won't see MB's show....

Had an amazing time, show was as fantastic as ever. Very lucky to be in the right place at the right time, and grab a few words with MB as he's a super wonderful guy!!

Ann from Newcastle

Fantastic review Ann...so thrilled for you that you got a chance to shake hands and speak to Michael!!

Sandra (DEVON)

Hi Ann....I LOVED your review!! So glad you made it safely and in time to relax from your drive :) How sweet was that catching MB after the show and chatting!!! Way to go!! Definitely at the right place and right time!! So happy you had a chance to chat with Michael...his band and Ruki...after your harrowing drive!! Well earned and deserved!! I am SURE it was all worth it :))))  Enjoy your next Bolton Adventure!! 

Kathy LAFD

Thanks Kathy, yes it was a horrendous journey down, Very well rewarded for it, briefly speaking with MB J.P and Ruki...They are the sweetest and the bestest people, making time for us fans for a quick photograph and chat because it means so much to us.

Definately worth every mile, rain storms and swear word stuck in traffic!!! Lol

Not sure when my next Bolton adventure will be yet, but I do know there will be one!!!:))))

Ann from Newcastle

Hi everyone and here is my review of Michael Bolton,s concert at Upton House, Poole last Saturday!! Having resigned myself to the fact that we probably wouldn,t be seeing him perform in the UK til next year, I was OVER THE MOON when it was announced in early February that he would be playing Upton House music festival in Dorset on 10th June!! I jumped on straight away as soon as the tickets went on sale on 6th February and purchased two Gold Circle tickets for my husband Roy and myself. He also enjoys Michael,s music very much. As the weeks & months flew by, I got more and more excited, especially as Michael had released his new album Songs of Cinema and was looking forward to live performances of these songs. I was delighted to learn that Ann Yale and Sylvia Doughty were also going. I was excited to meet Ann for the first time and also see Sylvia again, who I met last year at Bristol show. On the days leading up to the concert, it rained...heavily...and then on the Friday...at long last,THE SUN CAME OUT!! The forecast was good for the rest of the weekend and I just knew...NOTHING was going to stop me seeing Michael LOL!!! On the Saturday morning I was up at 6.30..didn,t sleep much as too excited for the show.We headed off to Dorset at 10.30...it,s only about 2 hours from where we live, however there was a lot of traffic on so didn,t arrive til about 1.15p.m. We parked the car and then headed off to find the tearooms...in need of a cuppa by now lol, bought tea and a sandwich and then headed outside again. I said to Roy...I,ll tweet Ann and Sylvia and let them know we,re here. As it was, I didn,t need to...there they both were and it was lovely to see them. We had a fun time that afternoon, dancing and partying to Michael,s band who were doing there soundcheck. Afterwards we headed off to put some things in the car that we didn,t need and had a walk around until it was time to head over to gates with tickets. We got a drink and made our way to our seats. then saw Ann & Sylvia again and chatted some more with them, til they went off to get something to eat. Then it started to rain a little but quickly cleared. By then the place was starting to fill up, people had come from near and far for this special event. Then it came time for Kenny Thomas, the support act to come on stage..he performed some of his hits from the early nineties, followed by an interval. Then came the moment we had all been waiting for....the FANTASTIC, LEGENDARY MICHAEL BOLTON WAS ON STAGE!!! He opened with a MAGNIFICENT performance of STAND BY ME...he also sang I GOTTA WOMAN, SWEET HOME CHICAGO and MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE from Songs of Cinema...OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL as well as THE HITS!!! He totally rocked the place and the whole crowd were singing, cheering and having the most amazing time!!! Michael was on fire and was enjoying himself immensely!! WHAT A FANTABULOUS SHOW IT WAS!!! His voice is top notch and is as beautiful as when I first heard him sing 27 years ago!! After the show I went to say goodbye to Ann and Sylvia and the lovely Ruki was there! We got to speak to her and she agreed to a photo and people were giving her things to take to Michael to be signed..we gave her our tickets and asked if she could ask him to sign them for us. He so kindly did this for us,with our names on...it means so much that he did this, he,s such a kindhearted person. We also got to speak to J.P... what a lovely guy he is too. I had the most amazing time and CAN,T WAIT until Michael tours UK again.

Sandra (Tiverton, Devon)                                                                                                                                                                                  

Hi Sandra, Thank you for coming in and posting your fun review! I really enjoyed reading it. Nothing like seeing MB is it no matter weather or atmosphere.. He's the best.. He just gets better and better.. I am glad you met up with the other ladies and had a Bolton Buddy good time together!!! :)

Yes Ruki is a sweetheart and so is MB for signing so many things for the fans. He's the best! I love that you got your tickets signed.  

Always a fun keepsake!!!

Thanks for posting Sandra!

Hi Robin and thank you! It certainly was a lot of FUN!! It was lovely to meet Ann for the first time as well as meeting Sylvia again, who I,d already met at Bristol last year. it,s so great to meet other fans.

The show was fantastic...Michael gave his ALL on that stage...as he ALWAYS does!! He is definitely the best!!

Here are my photos of our tickets he so kindly signed as well as my one with Ruki!!

Take care Robin,

Sandra (UK)

Attachments:

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service