http://www.amadeusonline.net/news.php?ID=1291981168

Michael will be one of the artist that will sing at the Xmas concert from Asis, Italy, along with Noa and other ones. Will be broadcasted by Raiuno (Italy) next 25th. Maybe we will able to watch it online through  some of those website we used to watch DWTS.

Google translation of the above article:

XXV Christmas Concert in Assisi
Noa, Michael Bolton and Div4s sing Christmas with the RAI National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Steven Mercurio, Saturday, December 18, 2010

By Antonio Vivaldi with Nicola Piovani, by Johann Sebastian Bach to Leonard Cohen, by Edvard Grieg with Leroy Anderson: Notes for a special event, a special day. It 's the Christmas Concert, Saturday, December 18 at 11.30, against the backdrop of the Upper Basilica of San Francesco in Assisi. Starring the voices of Noa, Michael Bolton, the ensemble of sopranos Div4s, violin Roberto Ranfaldi, the baton of Steven Mercurio director of New York and the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai. In the program, a magical journey to the most beautiful melodies of the Nativity, including songs in the folk tradition and classical compositions. To enhance the concert also Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici" directed by Mario Mora and the Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, directed by Father Giuseppe Magrino.
The concert - which will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI - now into its twenty-fifth edition. Last year was followed in Italy for more than two million 500 thousand viewers, but - Rai International - has achieved worldwide.
The program for the 2010 edition opens with a classic Christmas: Silent Night by Franz Gruber (in the design and orchestration of Giancarlo Gazzani). Below Fantasia on Greensleeves by Ralph Vaughan Williams, The Prayer of David Foster, the traditional Adeste Fideles; Beautiful That Way (La vita è bella) Nicola Piovani; Meditation from "Thais", for violin and orchestra by Jules Massenet; Gloria excelsis Deo, pax hominibus And on earth and Cum Sancto Spiritu from Gloria RV 589 by Antonio Vivaldi; Barcarole, from "Les Contes d'Hoffmann" by Jacques Offenbach, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Mykola Leontovich Carol of the bells, Ave Maria by Johann Sebastian Bach; Morning, Anitra's Dance in the den and the king of the mountain from Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1 Edvard Grieg, O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel) by Adolphe-Charles Adam, The Walk To The Paradise Garden by Frederick Delius; Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson.

Christmas Concert
Basilica of Assisi - December 18, 2010 11:30 am
The concert will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI

Noa
Michael Bolton
Div4s
Roberto Ranfaldi, violin

Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici"
Mario Mora - choirmaster
Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Father Giuseppe Magrino - choirmaster

Steven Mercurio - Director

Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai

Views: 1812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

absolutely delighted to be there to hear Michael singing although only at reaharsal.....

Hi Pietro,

Thanks a million, my dear, for letting us know the GOOD news - just to hope it went well for him and he feels capable of performing tomorrow - you lucky girl hearing that VOICE first hand!

Sylvia.   Wee Scottish friend.

Grazie Pietro....  Mi piace il tuo photo di Assisi...io stato li due volte...e' una bella citta!

Ciao,

Helena

Hi Helena,my photo is a special photo,it's a rendition of the basilica of St Francis,done by a local artist,currently in display at my art gallery in Assisi.....it's also partecipating to an award on cribs.hope it wins First place........

I hope so that would be very nice to see!! I hope Michael is feeling better!! Love, Shannon xoxo

Mamma Mia!!  Oh Florin, what a great picture of Michael! 

Is this from Michael's Facebook page?  Wish I was there too..... My last trip to Italy was in 1998...long time ago!

Helena...xx....

Never mind Florin....I just went on Facebook and saw the same picture.  LOL!

Grazie,

Helena...xx...

wow how beautifull oh and the picture of italy :) .thank you

It was great to be so close to this monument of music last night.......total shivers...:)

Hi Pietro and welcome to the forum. How fortunate of you to have been able to listen to Michael sing live in this wonderful setting! Can you tell us if Michael sang “The prayer”, “Hallelujah” and/or anything else? Also, how did he sound? The reason I’m asking is that in case you didn’t know, Michael’s been sick with bronchitis for the past week and we all wondered how he was recovering… The concert description sounds heavenly so I for one am very envious and can only imagine how wonderful it was… Well, thanks for sharing Pietro, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Well last night I saw the sound check/rehearsal but I thought he was great....yes he sang both songs and did very good although I had the impression that he didn't want to push too much with the voice,maybe to keep the energy for the real singing for the concert,today.

Ciao!

OOH SO GORGEOUS!!!!

Italy looks very nice too!!

Sandra x

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service