http://www.amadeusonline.net/news.php?ID=1291981168

Michael will be one of the artist that will sing at the Xmas concert from Asis, Italy, along with Noa and other ones. Will be broadcasted by Raiuno (Italy) next 25th. Maybe we will able to watch it online through  some of those website we used to watch DWTS.

Google translation of the above article:

XXV Christmas Concert in Assisi
Noa, Michael Bolton and Div4s sing Christmas with the RAI National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Steven Mercurio, Saturday, December 18, 2010

By Antonio Vivaldi with Nicola Piovani, by Johann Sebastian Bach to Leonard Cohen, by Edvard Grieg with Leroy Anderson: Notes for a special event, a special day. It 's the Christmas Concert, Saturday, December 18 at 11.30, against the backdrop of the Upper Basilica of San Francesco in Assisi. Starring the voices of Noa, Michael Bolton, the ensemble of sopranos Div4s, violin Roberto Ranfaldi, the baton of Steven Mercurio director of New York and the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai. In the program, a magical journey to the most beautiful melodies of the Nativity, including songs in the folk tradition and classical compositions. To enhance the concert also Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici" directed by Mario Mora and the Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, directed by Father Giuseppe Magrino.
The concert - which will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI - now into its twenty-fifth edition. Last year was followed in Italy for more than two million 500 thousand viewers, but - Rai International - has achieved worldwide.
The program for the 2010 edition opens with a classic Christmas: Silent Night by Franz Gruber (in the design and orchestration of Giancarlo Gazzani). Below Fantasia on Greensleeves by Ralph Vaughan Williams, The Prayer of David Foster, the traditional Adeste Fideles; Beautiful That Way (La vita è bella) Nicola Piovani; Meditation from "Thais", for violin and orchestra by Jules Massenet; Gloria excelsis Deo, pax hominibus And on earth and Cum Sancto Spiritu from Gloria RV 589 by Antonio Vivaldi; Barcarole, from "Les Contes d'Hoffmann" by Jacques Offenbach, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Mykola Leontovich Carol of the bells, Ave Maria by Johann Sebastian Bach; Morning, Anitra's Dance in the den and the king of the mountain from Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1 Edvard Grieg, O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel) by Adolphe-Charles Adam, The Walk To The Paradise Garden by Frederick Delius; Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson.

Christmas Concert
Basilica of Assisi - December 18, 2010 11:30 am
The concert will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI

Noa
Michael Bolton
Div4s
Roberto Ranfaldi, violin

Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici"
Mario Mora - choirmaster
Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Father Giuseppe Magrino - choirmaster

Steven Mercurio - Director

Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai

Views: 1812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Buon Natale! I missed the concert on tv as busy with Christmas--is there some link to watch it on internet?

che peccato!

I'm waiting for videos on YOUTUBE as well! Buone feste Angelica.

ciao Silvy from Switzerland

The whole concert is on Youtube!!!!!!!!!  Thanks Florin and Chiara for finding this:

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BE7DCC9CFE5D3EFA

Hello Pilar, Thank you very much for sharing the link !!!!!!!  I'm very happy to see this concert in this very very nice place with Michael, The very very Beautiful Man.... I kiss you a lot !!!! Hugs Have a good day Bye BD

I am confused--I only found links to Michael singing 2 songs? He sang 4 at the rehearsal --and I didn't see anything with the songs DIV4S sang--they were wonderful and sang 2 with Michael and 1 alone-- so is just part of the concert on YouTube or was the program cut back for TV?

Thanks for the link!!!

Hi Angelica, in the link Pilar posted, in the playlist, there’s “Silent night”, “O holy night” and “Hallelujah”. I think that since the channel owner Bisnah listed this one 2 hours later, he/she didn’t have time to add “The prayer”, to the playlist but it’s right here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-7-IyqEhMY

I don’t know in what order they were played at the rehearsal but the 4 songs are there. Did you have a program of the evening Angelica? In any case, this video of “The prayer” I think sums up how glorious this concert was: Michael singing beautifully and holding his own with 4 soprani! I can only imagine how overwhelming the feeling was in the Basilica: I think I would have levitated! Lol Thank goodness for Youtube! Happy listening all! Take care Angelica. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Oh my goodness Pilar, thank you so much for posting this and thanks so much to Florin and Chiara for finding it! I’ve just listened to it and it was gorgeous! What a wonderful Christmas present, thank you all so much and God bless you! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

It was a real good Xmas present, yes!!! We are a team... thank God Youtube exists!!!! LOL

Best,

Pilar

yes, it was a Xmas present for me to watch it on TV and again here.

love Silvy

Hi, Pilar

I agree...by Rai Internazionali wasn't watched at least in America neither

on Spain TVE snifff....... Thanks a lot !!!! Pilar, Florin and Chiara and of course

to you tube.

Take care

Mariu

hi florin,

i found too on rai.replay the whole concert but i'd like so much have it on a cd...it will be possible somehow???:(

i hope it will be possible to download from some site...

Thanks for positng the links!  See Sylvie, told you not to worry....   :)

Hugs,

Helena..xx...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service