http://www.amadeusonline.net/news.php?ID=1291981168

Michael will be one of the artist that will sing at the Xmas concert from Asis, Italy, along with Noa and other ones. Will be broadcasted by Raiuno (Italy) next 25th. Maybe we will able to watch it online through  some of those website we used to watch DWTS.

Google translation of the above article:

XXV Christmas Concert in Assisi
Noa, Michael Bolton and Div4s sing Christmas with the RAI National Symphony Orchestra conducted by Steven Mercurio, Saturday, December 18, 2010

By Antonio Vivaldi with Nicola Piovani, by Johann Sebastian Bach to Leonard Cohen, by Edvard Grieg with Leroy Anderson: Notes for a special event, a special day. It 's the Christmas Concert, Saturday, December 18 at 11.30, against the backdrop of the Upper Basilica of San Francesco in Assisi. Starring the voices of Noa, Michael Bolton, the ensemble of sopranos Div4s, violin Roberto Ranfaldi, the baton of Steven Mercurio director of New York and the Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai. In the program, a magical journey to the most beautiful melodies of the Nativity, including songs in the folk tradition and classical compositions. To enhance the concert also Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici" directed by Mario Mora and the Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi, directed by Father Giuseppe Magrino.
The concert - which will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI - now into its twenty-fifth edition. Last year was followed in Italy for more than two million 500 thousand viewers, but - Rai International - has achieved worldwide.
The program for the 2010 edition opens with a classic Christmas: Silent Night by Franz Gruber (in the design and orchestration of Giancarlo Gazzani). Below Fantasia on Greensleeves by Ralph Vaughan Williams, The Prayer of David Foster, the traditional Adeste Fideles; Beautiful That Way (La vita è bella) Nicola Piovani; Meditation from "Thais", for violin and orchestra by Jules Massenet; Gloria excelsis Deo, pax hominibus And on earth and Cum Sancto Spiritu from Gloria RV 589 by Antonio Vivaldi; Barcarole, from "Les Contes d'Hoffmann" by Jacques Offenbach, Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, Mykola Leontovich Carol of the bells, Ave Maria by Johann Sebastian Bach; Morning, Anitra's Dance in the den and the king of the mountain from Peer Gynt, Suite No. 1 Edvard Grieg, O Holy Night (Cantique de Noel) by Adolphe-Charles Adam, The Walk To The Paradise Garden by Frederick Delius; Christmas Festival by Leroy Anderson.

Christmas Concert
Basilica of Assisi - December 18, 2010 11:30 am
The concert will be broadcast on Eurovision Raiuno December 25 at 12.25, after the blessing Urbi et Orbi Pope Benedict XVI

Noa
Michael Bolton
Div4s
Roberto Ranfaldi, violin

Children's Choir "I Piccoli Musici"
Mario Mora - choirmaster
Choir of the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
Father Giuseppe Magrino - choirmaster

Steven Mercurio - Director

Orchestra Sinfonica Nazionale della Rai

Views: 1812

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh Pilar, thank you so much for finding and posting these! That was a lovely rehearsal: did you notice he switched 2 lines and added more lyrics? And that interview was terrific! Thanks again Pilar so much, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Yes!!! Can't wait to see thw whole concert! And yes, I love the interview and the respect in his words!!!!

I checked Rai International's TV guide and they are not showing this concert!!  Not unless it's being shown on Sunday (the program listing is till Saturday).  So that really stinks!!

Thanks for posting the video's!  Will watch them tonight when I'm home from work.

Helena..xx...

Thanks  Pilar!  I saw the video!  What an amazing and spiritual place for Michael to perform!  The video was amazing!!!  His voice was beautiful!!!

Love Eileen  xoxox

Hugs!

I was so fortunate to be able to attend at last nights rehearsal  in Assisi, Italy. Just 3 rows back with Michael right up close--he did a wonderful job, as did everyone else! He seemed a bit tired--maybe I read that wrong, but was very focused on his songs--lovely evening and never did the Basilica look so beautiful with all the camera lights! It was a wonderful Christmas gift! Thank you!! Angelica Christi

Hi angelic
Thank you for sharing your experience!!! Wow!!! From what I have seen online it must have been amazing!!! Merry Christmas!!! Robin in Maryland, USA

thank you pilar

it looked lovely very pretty ,michael did look very cold but then so did others to  he sounded great x

Robin, yes, amazing is a good word for a very beautiful event. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to you also.

Hi Angelica and welcome to the forum. OMG, you’re from California but found your way into Assissi when Michael was there? How did that happen, if I may ask? You’ve said the Basilica never looked so good, does that mean you go there regularly? About looking tired,Michael, if you didn’t know, is recovering from bronchitis and about the lyrics, I’ve noticed in Pilar’s video, that he switched a couple of lines and more lyrics were added to what he’s performed so far, both on “Dancing with the stars” and in concert in the U.K.  I’m happy for you that you were able to enjoy your Xmas present before everyone else! :D Thanks for sharing Angelica, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Ciao Sylvie, I am living here in Assisi writing, or I should say finishing 2 books that I started some time ago, and one that I was inspired to do when I came. One is with my Canadian friend Irene from Vancouver who is a wonderful and very talented photographer, I have done most of the poetry and her photos will be a wonderful addition! I go to several of the Basilicas here and love them most days--meditation is a great way for me to center and be divinely inspired by the energy. I have to say though, my favorite is one that was built in 1166 and is still original--amazing energetics! I hope they never renovate it! San Stefano is the name.

I have met some wonderful people from Assisi who have taken me in like a dear friend--and have had several invitations to private affairs so consider myself very blessed! Doesn't  get much better being just feet away from several talented and amazing artists including Michael Bolton--but I have to admit, he was shorter than I thought. :)

Hi again Angelica, well,  what an interesting life! Assissi certainly sounds like the perfect place for meditation… Michael just might visit more there if he finds himself unable to golf! :D You’re the second author I meet here. May I ask if the books you’re writing are your first? And did you pick Assissi to write or did it pick you?... Just curious. Well, the way Michael described his experience, it certainly sounded inspiring! Listen Angelica, I don’t know how long you’ve followed this site and Michael’s blogging, but he often comments on his travels and what he’s taken home spiritually speaking from them. If he blogs about Assissi, perhaps you could tell him about San Stefano… I’ll say you’ve been blessed: the concert description sounded like a dream on “paper” so I can only imagine  what it was like, feeling it in person… A few people have mentioned thinking Michael was taller: guess they expect him to be as tall as his voice! :D Well thank you very much for sharing Angelica, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

no Sylvie, I hadn't been following the site until something came to me recently--and I was very moved by Michael's performance at San Francesco's and the spiritual side of him--I am not one for 'hollywood types' but I feel he is different--more deep and real and that is my attraction to who he is and what he does in the world. I did see him in person 10+ years ago and was suppose to go backstage to meet him but when one of his 'security' guys--in his 4o's decided he wanted to go out with me and I said no, then he wouldn't allow me backstage. (I was a lot younger then! in my early 40's :)  ) I just wanted to meet the man behind all the music he had written for others, and of course himself.--oh well! :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service