2010 Concert Tour Reviews-Please share your reviews with us here!

Hi everyone, I thought it might be nice to have a thread for everyone to post their concert reviews in again like we've done in the past. It's such fun hearing about all the shows and everyone's experiences and see their photos. 

Anyone attending, please post your review.  Its exciting that Michael and his band are hitting the road again and traveling the world!

I hope you all don't mind I started this thread for concert reviews.  I'm looking forward to reading about everyone's experiences!

Thanks!!!

Robin :)

P.S.  Update-Nov, 2010-I wish them well and cannot wait to see the show again in 2011!!! MB totally rocked it at NJ PAC 11/3/2010!!! Thanks Michael!!!!!

Views: 12607

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Helena,

Wasn't worth turning the page to read that reply ........could you not have been just a little bit more enthusiastic.......what were you looking for - the full "monty"  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL.

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

No, but thought it was something I haven't seen before...LOL!!!  Last night, I saw the full monty of Daniel Radcliff and I wasn't even looking for it...LOL!!!!!!  Wow!!!!!

Your Brooklyn friend,

Helena...xx...

My dear friend Judy got a letter from Daniel Ratcliffe several years ago. Imagine that?

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

I guess your friend got ripped off Robin R. according to Helena!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I also knew someone who got a birthday call from Daniel Ratcliffe. No joke.

Robin the boltonnut from L. A. CA

I love Harry Potter also Janniche. The books are always better than any movie made afterward. The characters never look as we imagine them!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Yeah, girl, Daniel Ratcliffe (Harry Potter). Ain't she lucky?

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Yes, Juliet.  He was on Broadway (last year I think) doing a show and he appeared naked in it.  I came across this picture of him totally naked (guess it was a publicity shot for the show), and I was like wow!  If I went looking for it, I probaly would have not find it...LOL!!! 

Helena...xx..

Hello everyone,

Well Michael finally returned to Modesto for his makeup show that was originally scheduled for last Sept but was cancelled because of throat issues.The Gallo center is one beautiful venue.The acoustics are some of the best I've heard.Having said that I was really anticipating the show.

Michael's voice was just ok at first but seemed to finally warm up after the first few songs into the set. When singing "I said I loved you but I lied" Mike took the safe route during the chorus by not hitting the higher notes like he normally does because I don't think his voice was warmed up yet.That song is one of my favorites and was kind of a let down for me because I've seen him nail it many times before.After that He totally took control of his voice and was brilliant the rest of the evening as he normally always is.I Truly admire Michael's vocal acrobatics and always will so don't think I'm picking on him. He is still 99% better than other live performers out there today including most of the youngsters that are 1/3 his age.

On another subject why is there a instrumental song and a supposed hit song by his saxophonist performed by the band when Michael could of performed "Steel Bars" and one of my favorites from the new album,"You murder my heart" instead? I was totally expecting both of those songs in the set and was truly disappointed when they weren't performed.I know he can't please everyone but both of those songs should have been performed.Hallelujah in my opinion should be dropped from the set.Everybody from Bon jovi has covered it and its a tired song.Why does'nt Michael ever perform "Only a woman" live? Now that would truly be a great addition to his set.

I've seen Michael many times now and will continue to support him by buying his music but no more live shows for me unless he can really mix it up by shocking his older fans with something like playing "Fools Game".Now that would get the older geezers up and rocking!

Hi Gary, Can you please put this in the 2011 TOUR REVIEW thread, this is the one from last year.. Glad you got to go and he has been doing Steel Bars and he did do Only A Woman Like you back around 2002 when that album was the current one it was a part of.  Saw him do it many times that year...

If you can move your review over that would be appreciated. THANKS so much!!! Glad you enjoyed the show, we cannot always get all the songs we want!  I would LOVE to hear Hallelujah just once live.

Thanks,

Robin in Maryland ;)

Hi Gary, well I’m glad you finally got to see and hear your much anticipated show! It’s good to know you still appreciate Michael’s vocals and are able to  accept that he’s still just human. I whole-heartedly agree that he’s better vocally than a lot of performers. As far as the instrumentals, from what I’ve been told, during the breaks, Michael changes and from what I understand, just before WAMLAW, he finds his spot to be in the middle of the audience. As far as the Michael Lington song goes, I’m guessing you’re not a jazz fan? I hear he’s very good though. Gary, I’ll tell ya, there’s an entire thread about what songs fans would like to hear in concert:

http://michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/songs-you-would-like-to-hear?...

Sorry you didn’t hear your favorites: if I had my way, I’d hear “When I’m back on my feet again”! In the above mentioned thread, “Fool’s game” and other 80’s rock favorites have been popular mentions, but Michael has to do what’s best for his voice, so he can keep sounding this good.  I had to laugh when you talked about rocking the geezers! Lol You don’t think that “Rock me baby” is enough? Michael says he takes the pulse of his audience and changes the sets a little each show. Robin here who’s a frequent concert-goer, still hasn’t heard “Murder my heart” live and she’s seen him a few times since the album’s been out. Michael actually sang it in Niagara Falls, just a few days ago. I guess it’s being at the right place, at the right time. In any case, there are also time restrictions, but I have a feeling that even if poor Michael did a 3 hour show, he couldn’t please everybody. BTW, I understand your feeling about it, but you’re a minority on this forum about “Hallelujah”, I’m sorry to say. Michael even said in a blog, that due to the overwhelming positive response to him singing it on “Dancing with the stars”, that he would record it for his next album. As Robin said, Michael did sing OAWLY in 2002, sorry if you’ve missed it. Well anyway, I’m really glad you’ve enjoyed your concert overall and I’m especially glad to hear you’ll keep supporting him. In case you’d like to share  this past experience or exchange with fans about theirs, here’s the link to this year’s concert thread Robin mentioned:

http://michaelbolton.ning.com/forum/topics/new-2011-tour-review?

Thanks a lot for sharing Gary, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Tell him Sylvie in Canada. I couldn't have said it any better. :D

Boltonnut from L. A. CA

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service