2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So sorry Robin MD to hear about passing of you and your husband's friend and certainly looks as though fate has played a hand for you and the right one and it is so, so true that all we have is the second in time we are in right now for the future never arrives and it is just as well we don't know what it contains so make sure you live each and every second you are given and all you have to remember is 9/11 for proof that that is the way life should be.    I am glad though that fate has dealt you the hand it has and given you something, pretty terrific to say the least, to now look forward to and it will be blue skies and sunshine for 26th ....we just have got to get that arranged for MB's birthday, if nothing else and remember too back to 8th May when MB said the "stars were aligning";  looks for sure as though they are for you !!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks Ladies... Strange how things fall into place sometimes or it's fate like you said...No we cannot take life for granted, not a day..so very very true...We had great weather the last few times I had winter concerts, and hope winter of 2013 is going to be ok too on this day..Have to hope for the best...MB's birthday is a day we really want everything to fall into place!!LOL For his sake most of all.  Yes I hope we hear some fantastic Motown tunes by then in his show..I am a big fan of that genre of music.

Robin in MD:)

Here! Here! Let's have a toast to Motown music. Love it. One of my favorite eras too. Yesterday is history, today is the present & tomorrow is a gift. Something like that. Boltonnut from l. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :) I wish that town in Colorado was near Denver. I'd be there in a heartbeat as I have friends in Denver but, oh! well! Another place; another time.

Sorry Robin Md. to hear of your sudden loss. As I say live in the present with a positive attitude!! Gratitude is the best :) I also would say good ol' karma was at work ;)  LOVE your story! You obviously needed a lift and what perfect timing. Thinking of you and yours during this tragic time.

Tell Michael Happy Birthday for me!! :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Robin MD,
Sorry about the loss of your friend, my sympathy to you and yours.  It's very hard when that happens to someone young, I guess because it makes us realize we are not invincible. 
So happy to hear about the way it worked out for you about the concert!  That is great, the new venue is very close to where you live and 2nd row center is wonderful!! And now you have time to plan something for Michael's birthday....maybe make up a banner or sign.  If you can go up to the stage you can give him a gift?
So happy for you!
Joy
New Jersey

Robin in MD, so very sorry about the sudden loss of your friend, remember always, Time, Love and Tenderness...

Glad for you to get such a nice replacement for the MB concert you would have missed anyway. Tell him that we all here wish him a special 60th Birthday! I will be seeing the Wabash Indy concert and hopefully weather will not be too treacherous as I really have not driven much in the snow. Have a great concert and look forward to your review!

Take Care,

Kellie

Kellie, you be safe in your travels. Robin in MD, I'm thinking of you on this day. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

So, I'm wondering if it's raining in Connecticut. I just can't help thinking of the cancellation of tonight's show. If it's not raining, wouldn't they have known about construction way in advance. i'm not trying to start anything just wondering. What do i know? Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Hey Robin, so sorry to read about your friends passing!  That is so hard especially when so young!!  I just got back from vacation and was looking for your review of the concert then saw you had said it was cancelled!!  Well sounds like you got a much better replacement one!!  Sounds like great seats to boot!!  Like ya said, all things happen for a reason that none of us will never understand!  Glad the concert worked out great for ya...my thoughts are with you and your husband...

Kerie

Thanks Kerie..Yeah strange how it worked out isn't it! Now just hoping for no bad winter weather for Feb 26th!

Have fun at your concert, I hope to read a great review from you girl!

Robin in MD :)

Thought some might be interested to read this article from the Connecticut Post of yesterday, 26th September, to do with cancellation of concert at Indian Ledge, CT.

"TRUMBULL -- "Love is A Wonderful Thing," but Grammy-award winning artist Michael  Bolton isn't feeling it from the town.

Sagging ticket sales for his scheduled concert at Indian Ledge Park last  Saturday led to the show being cancelled two weeks ago.

That angered many in town. But it's not because they wanted to see him  perform. It's because, they say, the cancellation is costing the town money it  can't afford.

Jerome  Goldstein, resident and local attorney, is one of them. "A lot of people are  up in arms over what happened," he said. "The money is just gone and there are  so many other ways it could have been better spent."

But wait a minute, said First  Selectman Tim Herbst.

Yes, it's costing the town $75,000 in cancellation fees, but that amount  would have more than doubled if the show went on as planned  Saturday night.

"It could have cost us anywhere from $150,000 to $170,000 with production,  staging, lighting and other costs included," he said.

And, besides, he said, town officials --including some members of the Town  Council and Board of Finance who are now critical of the decision to cancel  -- were well aware of the risks in putting on a event, he said.

"You're dealing with a lot of factors -- weather, the artist," he said. "Not  every concert produces a revenue."

So where is the money coming from?

Town Treasurer John  Ponzio said it's coming from profits of a 2010 Train concert. That amount,  $76,000, was put into a special account and some of the money was used last year  to pay a $27,000 cancellation fee, when Hurricane Irene forced the cancellation  of that summer's Indian Ledge concert with Sugar  Ray, Lifehouse and Gin Blossoms.

The remaining $59,000 will be used to offset this year's cancellation fee,  he said.

Ponzio said about $60,000 was appropriated two months ago, when concerns were  first raised about ticket sales, and the $20,000 to $21,000 balance will come  from that money.

"We put aside that money in August, just in case," he said. "We hoped ticket  sales would pick up, but they didn't."

In fact, only about 700 to 1,000 tickets had been sold when the decision was  made to pull the plug on the event, Herbst said. "We needed to sell from 4,000  to 5,000 to break even, with $40 being the average ticket cost,"  he added.

Herbst said Bolton cancelled at the town's urging. "You know, the town  shouldn't be in the concert business. It's just too high-risk,"  he said.

"If we do this again, it will be done by a third party," he added.

So was choosing Bolton a bad idea? No, said Herbst, who added the  recommendation to book him was made by a concert promoter.

"He's a Grammy-award winning artist who sold out the Bushnell last year,"  said Herbst.

But Goldstein, who said he goes to a lot of concerts, would disagree. He said  he knew from the get-go that Bolton would not be a big draw. "Then I looked up  his tour dates and found he had also cancelled in Ottawa," he said.

That aside, Goldstein said he doesn't fault Bolton for wanting to  get paid.

"After all, he is a businessperson" Goldstein said."

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Time to move on way I see it and I had tickets..It's not Michael's fault. 

Starting next week there are shows overseas and then down South in the USA.. So the fun will soon continue on here!!! Hope some of the overseas fans join in with reviews!!!!!

Robin in MD:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service