2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How exciting...a new review!!! Can't wait :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Sylvie and everyone, Here is your review. Sorry there are no pics. I tried but they didn't come out very well:(

I had an awesome time at the concert!!! Michael did a great job as always. His voice still amazes me. He looked fantastic and to me it looks like he may have gained some weight since the last time that I saw him. Anyways he still fills out a pair of jeans nicely. It was well worth the 2 hr drive :)

Here's the set list:
Lean on
Soul
To love somebody
Dock of the bay
Said I loved u
Hope it's too late
U don't know me
Sweet home Chicago
Almost forgot Go the distance was of course the opening song.

Duets with the Kelly girl
To make you feel my love
Somewhere over the rainbow
How am supposed to live
The prayer

Medley of songs he's written for others sung by that Kelly girl
We're not making love
I found someone
Forever?

2 solos from the sax player were really, really good!

When a man
How can we be lovers
Steel bars
Time love and tenderness
Georgia

Nice review Bonnie. That seems like same setlist as when I saw him and Kelly in NY back in June. Do you like Kelly? I think she has a very pretty voice. Of course, Kelly is not the star of the show. MB never disappoints!! You mentioned you thought he had put some weight on. That's probably a good thing...he was loooking a bit scrawney (although still hot) back in June. :)

Thanks again for the review and glad you had a good time.

I really like Kelly with MB and think their voices blend well together. She seems so sweet.. Yes it does seem to be the same set list since June, that's the last I saw him too..it's a good one tho, I like the mix of songs he has been doing..Michael Lington is wonderful too-I am a fan of his too thanks to MB!!! :)

Robin in MD:)

Thanks for your review Bonnie!! You have a much better memory for set lists than I do...lol Kelly is wonderful but I do think Delta Goodrem has a richer voice in her duets with Michael....jmo. Bonnie have you seen and heard Michael sing with Delta? They are also a great duo! Glad you had a great time at your concert!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hi Bonnie, good to read you here! I’m glad for you that you had such a great time! When did you see Michael last before this? Just wondering. Thank you so much for the set list, you’re such a doll for taking notes! :D Well you see, with the set list, we notice little things like he seems to have put back “Lean on me” back in the setlist for good hopefully, Kept “hope it’s too late”, left out the Sinatra songs,  and also that he sang 4 duets, but left out “Nessun dorma”, which I was afraid of... In case you don’t know the song “Forever”, it’s a song Michael wrote for the group Kiss:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_RKO5ozLVo

Did Michael walk into the audience for WAMLAW and was “Georgia” the encore? You see Bonnie, Michael does occasionally sing new unreleased songs before the next album. He sang “Sign your name” before “One world one love” was out and he sang “Love is everything” and “Over the rainbow” before “Gems” was out. He had hoped to release his next Motown album for early September but is apparently still working on it. However, I read on his latest tweet that he was very excited to be in Singapore and that he’d have a few surprises. That’s why we’re trying to keep track. :D Well thanks again for your review Bonnie, much appreciated sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Hi Sylvie, last time I saw Michael was in Biloxi last year. Didn't know about Forever wasn't even sure that was the name of the song lol I missed ,"Nessun dorma" but I got Steel Bars guess I can't have everything :) yes he was in the audience for WAMLAW and immediately surrounded, and yes Georgia was the encore. I was hoping for sometime from the new cd, but it was not to be. Hope the new cd is out soon looking forward to it and when is his book supposed to be out? I hope there is a kindle edition.

Hi again Bonnie, thanks for the updated info. Well I guess you’ll hear the new songs next time or if we’re lucky, on YouTube soon. :D I am ready for the new CD girl, I’ll tell ya... Well the latest news on Michael’s book are that he’s apparently still working on it: he posted about it less than 2 weeks ago. Amazon is now listing the release date for January 15 but that could change too. Here’s the thread you want to keep an eye on:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/the-soul-of-it-all

As soon as Gail gets any info, she’ll post it there. FYI, the book will be available in hard cover, audio book and Ebook. Take care Bonnie and thanks again for everything. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I'm ready for the new CD & book too. Awesome. January 15th, huh? & I understand changes. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Bonnie, thank you for the review (just like all of us here) and glad you enjoyed the concert last night. For you and everybody else, I found on youtube this video that was posted by this guy to whom I send my thanks via this forum :)) The video is more like a compilation of the songs Michael performed last night ... It's good to finally have a video as well ... not only pictures ! Kind regards - Nic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_s2GkzjmP0

Hi Nic, thanks for the video. I'm gonna check it out right now :)

Don't get me wrong. I love it when Kelly sings the duets with Michael but I'd rather have more of Michael than the medley, songs with Michael Lington. When ML performed 8/3/12, he performed half an hour which was awesome but he also did a song during Michael's concert which is cool & I understand promoting ML, I really do but I just would rather the 3 duets & only that during Michael's performance. JMO though. Boltonnut from L. "A. CA & if I said anything to offend, I apologize. I don't mean to. JMO though. Sorry Nesum Doram was taken out. I do understand promoting Kelly, I really do but......I'd rather MB.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service