2012 TOUR REVIEW THREAD-PLEASE SHARE YOUR 2012 MB CONCERT ADVENTURES WITH US HERE!!!!

HELLO EVERYONE, Since the 2011 Tour Review Thread is not playing nice and throwing us all back to the beginning lately, Gail asked if I would go ahead and start the 2012 thread. So here it is.. We can all share our excitement for Michael's upcoming touring and events in 2012 and chat and have fun here till the shows start in 2012.

Everyone is welcome to post and share their stories and pictures, videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2012 starting so far with some shows the end of January.  There could be other events sooner too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert, feel free to share your experience here.  I hope to have a review after the Chester, PA show on January 28th along with some other fans that have gotten tickets for that show and  the Atlantic City, NJ show on January 27th as well!  After that there are shows in Australia so far listed for 2012.  Following those shows we have the Concert for MBC and Traveler's Golf Event in June, 2012 and later on the MBC Gala in Sept.. We already have some exciting events to look forward to next year and I know there will be much more to come.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum.. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as before.

Welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 75307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi!

In fact, that blog is not mine. She is a great photographer.

This time is my 10th concert. I went Seoul, Daegu in Korea(2006) and London(2007&2008) & Busan, Seoul in Korea(2012).

<set list>

Live from Seoul,Korea

Go the distance - intro

Lean on me

To love somebody

(Sittin on the)Dock of the bay

Said I loved you, but I lied

Sweet home Chicago

You don’t know me

Hope it’s too late

Make you feel my love(w/ Kelly Levesque)

Somewhere over the rainbow(w/ Kelly Levesque)

How am I supposed to live without you(w/ Kelly Levesque)

The Prayer(w/ Kelly Levesque)

Nessun Dorma

We’re not makin love anymore - Kelly Levesque

I found someone - Kelly Levesque

Roadtrip - Michael Lington

When a man loves a woman

How can be lovers

Steel bars

Time, love & tenderness

(Encore)

Georgia on my mind

In the name of love

Live from Busan,Korea

Go the distance - intro

Lean on me

Soul Provider

To love somebody

(Sittin on the)Dock of the bay

Said I loved you, but I lied

Sweet home Chicago

You don’t know me

Make you feel my love(w/ Kelly Levesque)

Somewhere over the rainbow(w/ Kelly Levesque)

How am I supposed to live without you(w/ Kelly Levesque)

The Prayer(w/ Kelly Levesque)

Nessun Dorma

We’re not makin love anymore - Kelly Levesque

I found someone - Kelly Levesque

Roadtrip - Michael Lington

When a man loves a woman

How can be lovers

Steel bars

In the name of love

(Encore)

Georgia on my mind

Hi Han, wow, thanks for coming in to share  both setlists! Sweetie, you're very fortunate to have seen Michael so many times in your area, wish I could say the same... We were hoping to hear that Michael would introduce songs from his next album, but I guess he'll wait to reveal his surprises in Singapore as he posted recently. Thank you very much for sharing Han, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for articles, s lists&the like. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Han, neat the shows tyou've been to. Thanks, conce again for the setlists. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)H

Sylvie, does "Somwhere over the rainbow" ring a bell to you ? :))) Was that telepathy, purely coincidence or what ?! :))) Anyhow, I would love to hear him signing this song at his concert tonight! Sylvie, let's put on the ruby shoes! On y va? :)) Big hugs & have a great week ahead- Nic

Thanks for coming back in Han and well remembered on the setlist !! :)    Thanks again !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

lol Nic, thanks for the smile, je suis prête! You have a great week yourself girl, take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Swooning to Michael Bolton

The US singer easily charmed local audiences in his rather short hour-long concert

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 17:09
MANY have said that Michael Bolton is a man you can imagine gracing the cover of a cheesy romance novel. He is indeed a man known for his good looks, big hair, soft rock ballads and husky vocals, and if James Bond had an equally dashing brother who sings, it definitely would be Bolton.

Even after turning 59 on Feb 26 this year, Bolton still has that natural ability to swoon and charm anyone who watches him perform live as many here witnessed during his concert last Saturday night at the Plenary Hall in the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre at Jalan Ampang, Kuala Lumpur.

Seeing his energetic performance during the show, it’s almost hard to believe that it has been 37 years since the Grammy Award-winning singer/songwriter who was born Michael Bolotin in Connecticut, US, began his career during which he released at least 17 studio albums and 35 singles.

bolton

Picture by SHAHIR OMAR

For the 2,000 fans in attendance, the hour-long concert proved that Bolton, whose popularity was at its peak between late 1980s and early 90s, is still going strong and is nowhere near losing his charm and wit.

As soon as the light dimmed, the cheering became louder despite the half-hour delay until the man of the night, now donning short hair, suavely walked on stage donning jeans and a black blazer.

The night opened with Bolton’s rendition of Bill Wither’s 1972 hit Lean On Me, performed together with his band which featured renowned Danish contemporary jazz saxophonist Michael Lington and up-coming American singer Kelly Levesque as his singing partner.

“Terima kasih for showing up despite KL traffic. We were supposed to show up earlier but they kept saying 15 minutes more so thank you for your patience. Don’t be shy, make a lot of noise and sing along,” he said before breaking into The Bee Gees’ soulful 1967 hit To Love Somebody to which the audience dutifully sang along throughout.

“You guys sound so great we’re thinking of taking you on tour with us. The problem is getting all of you on the bus!” he joked.

Bolton and his band then erupted into Otis Reading’s 1968 Motown hit (Sittin’ On) The Dock of the Bay, a successful rendition that brought him initial fame when he released a cover version of it in 1987.

He then performed one of his original songs Said I Loved You... But I Lied, before moving on to an R&B-inspired track I Hope It’s Too Late during which he humorously attempted to re-enact “boyband” dance moves and poses.

At this point, Bolton took off his blazer and this prompted someone in the audience to yell, “Take it all off!”

“I heard that! It’s not that kind of show, sorry,” Bolton quipped and then left the stage, allowing Lington to perform a saxophone solo called You and I.

Soon after, Bolton got back on stage with the gorgeous Levesque who was attired in a tangerine evening dress, to perform a duet, Make You Feel My Love, a song written by American folk singer Bob Dylan and which has been recorded by English pop star Adele.

Bolton and Levesque then performed a Latin-jazz rendition of Somewhere Over the Rainbow, an Oscar-winning song originally featured in the 1939 movie The Wizard of Oz.

“The next song I’m gonna perform changed my life because it became such a big hit during a time when my rent cheques were bouncing and my music began to take off,” said Bolton who then tackled his 1989 soft-rock ballad How Am I Supposed to Live Without You which was a number one hit on the American pop music charts.

Levesque then went solo by performing a medley of songs Bolton had written for Barbra Streisand and KISS, followed by another saxophone solo by Lington called Road Trip.

Soon after, the hall lights were turned down and a spotlight suddenly shined on the Gold seating section where Bolton was suddenly seen standing and singing among the audience, with When a Man Loves a Woman, a cover version of Percy Sledge’s 1966 hit, which earned Bolton a Grammy Award in 1992 for Best Pop Vocal Performance.

The crowd went wild, of course, and some had to hold themselves back from jumping on the gorgeous man who (to the dismay of many female fans) was protected by a team of bodyguards. He then got back on stage to perform How Can We Be Lovers?, followed by Time, Love and Tenderness.

Bolton and his crew ended the night with a soulful rendition of Ray Charles’ jazzy 1960 number Georgia On My Mind before taking their final bow in front of an audience cheering for encores (sadly to no avail).

For those wishing to be swept away by Bolton yet again, you can catch a train or bus to Singapore on Oct 26 where he will be performing live with his band at Marina Bay Sands there.

Hi Gail, thank you ever so much for these articles that I thoroughly enjoyed. I got a kick out of the Michael description in both articles! XD the detailed concert description was also very enjoyable, great finds Gail! Take care and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Thanks for such an awesome article Gail as they all are. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Thanks Gail for all the great pics and articles and Sylvia for the video links...Lots of fun going on overseas at the shows!!! So great to hear MB is wowing them like he is!!LOL

Robin in MD:)

Gail,
Thanks so much for that great article/review, I really enjoyed reading it!  They should all be so good.  I totally agree with everything it said.....swooning.....good looks......still going strong, no where near losing his charm and wit.....my thoughts exactly!!
Joy
Hugs from the Jersey Shore

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service