2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This was a really neat event...not your normal book signing at all. It was part of the St. Louis Jewish Book Festival and was originally scheduled for November. At that time, it would have been held at their community center. The only place available now was their synagogue which doesn't allow pictures. I've never been in one before and it was a beautiful place! The first 5 or 6 rows were reserved for their "supporters" (?). So we were sitting right behind them.They had a local radio personality that's a member of their congregation conduct an interview...for 90 minutes! He had already read MB's book and the interview was awesome! At the end, there was a short Q&A. One person was from South America (Columbia) who asked about him doing a concert there; another asked him to return to St. Louis for one. A gentleman asked if he had ever been to Israel and he said no...although he had tried a few times and it just didn't work out. He said he would very much like to go there  at some point in the future. One of his favorite places to visit is Rome. He said he always allows some extra time so he can enjoy the sights and history of the area. One of his largest fan bases is in the UK and, of course, we know he loves going there. Michael looked like he was really enjoying himself. 
There was a table set up outside of the synagogue area for MB to sign his book, which was being sold before & after the event. So you had people lining up to purchase his book, people lining up for the signing, AND people leaving. It was very crowded to say the least. I think there was probably 200+ people there. Michael was in good form throughout the whole thing. He was SO funny during the interview when asked about his childhood and he talked about his father...imitatimg him...sounding pretty much like the Godfather! LOL! Of course, he talked about his "early years" trying to support his family, his success after 18 yrs. of trying, the jingles he did on TV (gave us a sample of a couple of them!), writing for other artists, meeting Pavarotti, the MBC, etc. We had been told when we bought his book that he would only sign his name....however, Michael being Michael did personalize each book. He told me that the book is selling quite well!
That's about it...I thought it was a great event!
Anna :o)

Thanks Anna, I was thinking about you too and hoped you had fun. OMG this sounded great to have all that time to watch that interview and then get your book signed and see MB..I bet he was glad to see you again too...

Thanks again to you both for your reviews!!!!!

Robin in MD:)

P.S. My husband took a couple of pics with my iPhone when Michael was signing books, but they're sorta blurry. If I can figure out how to post them from my iPhone here, I will. :o(

Anna

I hope you can Anna, I'd love to see them..Again congrats girl!!

Robin in MD :)

Darn, forgot to mention that Michael talked about the fun he had doing the SNL skit and that it was responsible for making a younger generation aware of him & his music. He told us about the HSN concert on the 8th where you can pre-order his new CD. He also said that ABC has picked up the rights to the TV sitcom he's working on.

I think that's it! If I've missed anything, I hope others who might have been there can 'fill in the blanks'.

Anna (in MO)

Thanks Anna for the tidbits..I think that TV show is going to happen, it's coming along! Exciting times...thanks again.

Robin in MD:)

Wow! Anna, what an awesome review & so filled with information. I'm glad for all of you. Woo Hoo. Can't wait to get CD&this situation commedy should be interesting. I'm not a sit comm person but heck, I'll watch it. I'm an energetic person, but whew. he makes me tired reading all his goings on. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Wow Anna, thanks for such a great detailed report!  I guess you and Shannon are 2 of the lucky ones to get your book actually personalized. You guys had to wait but it was certainly worth it!  It's great to hear his book is doing well, maybe he should do more events like the one in Mo... :D Well anyway, thanks a lot for sharing Anna, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

It certainly does sound as though everyone had fun and what a lovely event to have been a part of and glad you enjoyed and thanks for sharing !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvie,

He was personalizing all the books. What a sweetheart to take the time to do that...especially when you consider the number of people that were there!

Take care,

Anna (in MO)

Yes he is Anna..That's cool!!!

Robin in MD :)

Awesome all of your books were personalized. I'm glad. He's in bowling Green tonight&hope to get reviews from there. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service