2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I know I'm behind but Sylvia, thanks for the awesome article on Michael's performance& all Valentine's day. For those who may be going, have fun&reviews, please? Thanks. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

These tour dates have been announced over in FB for Michael taking part, for the first time, in the Ashford University Summer Pops at the Embarcadero Marina Park, San Diego, CA on both Friday and Saturday 9th and 10th August, 2013 and below is a little bit information, from the University site, to do with show and also on the purchasing of tickets.............

ANNOUNCING......ASHFORD UNIVERSITY SUMMER POPS 2013 !

The Ashford University Summer Pops is San Diego Symphony's annual outdoor summer concert series. The concerts are performed on a stage we construct each year at Embarcadero Marina Park South, on San Diego Bay right behind the San Diego Convention Center. Seating options include cabaret tables, grandstand seating (fold-down chairs) and general admission lawn seating. Summer Pops is 10 weeks of concerts from just before 4th of July through Labor Day, all featuring the San Diego Symphony and some of today's hottest pop acts. This year's Summer Pops performers include En Vogue, Amy Grant, Michael Bolton, Ozomatli, Nathan Pacheco, Debbie Gibson, Burt Bacharach and more!. We'll also have some very hot tributes to The Rolling Stones, The Bee Gees and the Music of Pixar. Our Principal Summer Pops conductor is Matthew Garbutt.

Ashford University Summer Pops concerts begin, unless otherwise noted, at 7:30pm, with gates opening at 6pm. Subscription concerts are on Friday and Saturday nights, and occasional Special concerts are on Thursdays and Sundays.

€ = Special Concerts (non-subscription) ♠ = Ultimate Series (10 Concerts)
Δ = Bravo Series (5 Concerts) ♦ = Encore Series (5 Concerts)
♥ = Eligible Concert for "Build Your Own" Series Ψ = Fireworks Concert

SUBSCRIBE NOW TO OUR BIGGEST SUMMER POPS SEASON EVER! Save up to 25% on subscription concerts... SUBSCRIBE BY MARCH 25 AND SAVE 50% on MOST SPECIAL CONCERTS... ENJOY OUTSTANDING SUBSCRIBER BENEFITS! CALL 619.235.0804 TODAY!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

The next concert is the special event at The GRAMMY Museum, Los Angeles CA  on February 12, 2013.. If anyone is attending and can post how it was feel free to come in and share this unique event with all of us.

Have a great time!!! After this the first of MB's regular concert tour starts on Valentine's Day in CT.  I hope the after affects from the blizzard do not cause any issues with that concert...

Robin in MD:)

I wish I could have been able to go tonight but Oops. there weren't any tickets as we all know. So, yeah, i agree. For those who attended tonight, reviews, please? Thanks. :) Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Here is an article about the Ridgefield concert on 14th.......wish I was going !!!! lol.

Michael Bolton at the Ridgefield Playhouse

Published 1:40 pm, Tuesday, February 12, 2013

• Michael Bolton will perform at The Ridgefield Playhouse on Valentine's Day. Photo: Contributed Photo
    Michael Bolton will perform at The Ridgefield Playhouse on Valentine's Day. Photo: Contributed Photo

Page 1 of 1

Grammy-winner Michael Bolton knows what happens "When a Man Loves a Woman," and he'll sing about that and more when he performs Thursday, Feb. 14, at the Ridgefield Playhouse.

The evening, a gala fundraiser for the playhouse, begins at 6:30 p.m. with a rose for every lady, plus hors d'oeuvres and a buffet dinner with a chocolate fountain.

Each raffle ticket purchased comes with a glass of champagne, courtesy of No. 109 Cheese & Wine, and a chance to win a pair of 1-carat diamond earrings from Michael's Jewelers, a Year of Beauty from Adam Broderick Salon & Spa and a BMW-for-a-weekend from BMW of Ridgefield.

Bolton, who lives in Westport, takes the stage after an 8:30 p.m. live auction. Expect to hear such songs as "How Am I Supposed to Live Without You" and "That's What Love is About," among many others. He has a new album coming out this month.

Ridgefield Playhouse, 80 E. Ridge, Ridgefield, Thursday, Feb. 14, 6:30 p.m. $185, $130. 203-438-5795, ridgefieldplayhouse.org.

Read more: http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/Michael-Bolton-at-the-Ridgefield...

Sorry for spaces and additional wording but everytime I try to get rid of all excess it takes out whole article.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

& diamonds are april's birth stone; I'm in April. Oh! well! So, whomever may be going Happy Valentine's and celebrate it good. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life&Michael Bolton :)

As Sylvia already has an article on here for, the next concert is tomorrow, 2/14/2013 at the Ridgefield Playhouse, Ridgefield, CT

Anyone attending this special Valentine's Day show please feel free to post a review..Everyone welcome!!

The East Coast tour officially begins with this show! Hurray!!!!

Robin in MD :) 

Hope someone(s) come out with reviews of last night's event. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

An article on Michael which brings in the New Brunswick show on 20th February .........

"It isn't easy being Michael Bolton

But popular 'blue-eyed soul singer' keeps rolling with the punches

Feb. 12, 2013 3:45 PM,   |

WHEN: 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20 WHERE: State Theatre, 15 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick TICKETS: $35-$95 INFO: 732-246-7469

Michael Bolton has sold more than 50 million albums, topped the Billboard pop charts twice and has multiple Grammy Awards on his mantel.

Love him or hate him, there’s no disputing that the blue-eyed soul singer, who will perform Wednesday at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, is widely known as a powerful performer. More quietly, Bolton is also an accomplished songwriter

“I’ve written many, many songs,” Bolton acknowledged. “It’s something that might not get a lot of press, but it’s something I’ve always been very passionate about. Some pretty amazing people have sung songs I’ve written.”

Joe Cocker, Cher and Bob Dylan are among them.

“Bob Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters ever,” Bolton said. “To write with him is an incredible achievement.”

Bolton has worked with recording artists as diverse as Conway Twitty to Lady Gaga.

“I think you need to push the envelope as far as you can,” Bolton said. “I’ve worked with so many amazing people. I’m proud to say that I knew Lady Gaga before my daughters or most people knew her. When I worked with her, Gaga didn’t have her first album out yet. I heard her advance tracks, ‘Just Dance’ and ‘Poker Face’ and was pretty blown away.”

Bolton said he predicted her huge success.

“I just knew those songs would be big and they exploded four months after we started working together on (their duet) ‘Murder My Heart.’ She has written hit after hit.”

Bolton knows a thing of two about making hits. Expect him to play a number of his most popular tunes in New Brunswick, including “How Am I Supposed To Live Without You,” “How Can We Be Lovers” and “Go the Distance.”

“I’ve been very fortunate,” Bolton said “Hits aren’t automatic; they can be very elusive. But things have worked out for me and I love to sing the songs that have taken me to where I am today.”

It hasn’t all been easy for Bolton. His over-the-top reputation as a “soul singer” has been ripped by “Saturday Night Live” and Conan O’Brien and clobbered by irreverent filmmaker Mike Judge in his cult hit “Office Space.”

Bolton doesn’t let the barbs bother him.

“I’ve learned to walk away from things,” Bolton said. “It’s like following up a bad golf shot. You move on and take another shot. And none of that measures up to all the great things that have happened during my career. I couldn’t be more thankful. It’s been an incredible ride so far.”

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

An article about Michael which brings in the show in New Brunswick on 20th February ............

It isn't easy being Michael Bolton

But popular 'blue-eyed soul singer' keeps rolling with the punches

Feb. 12, 2013 3:45 PM,   | 

'I've learned to walk away from things,' Michael Bolton says. 'It's like following up a bad golf shot. You move on and take another shot.'
'I've learned to walk away from things,' Michael Bolton says. 'It's like following up a bad golf shot. You move on and take another shot.'  /  Gannett

MICHAEL BOLTON

WHEN: 8 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 20 WHERE: State Theatre, 15 Livingston Ave., New Brunswick TICKETS: $35-$95 INFO: 732-246-7469

Michael Bolton has sold more than 50 million albums, topped the Billboard pop charts twice and has multiple Grammy Awards on his mantel.

Love him or hate him, there’s no disputing that the blue-eyed soul singer, who will perform Wednesday at the State Theatre in New Brunswick, is widely known as a powerful performer. More quietly, Bolton is also an accomplished songwriter

“I’ve written many, many songs,” Bolton acknowledged. “It’s something that might not get a lot of press, but it’s something I’ve always been very passionate about. Some pretty amazing people have sung songs I’ve written.”

Joe Cocker, Cher and Bob Dylan are among them.

“Bob Dylan is one of the greatest songwriters ever,” Bolton said. “To write with him is an incredible achievement.”

Bolton has worked with recording artists as diverse as Conway Twitty to Lady Gaga.

“I think you need to push the envelope as far as you can,” Bolton said. “I’ve worked with so many amazing people. I’m proud to say that I knew Lady Gaga before my daughters or most people knew her. When I worked with her, Gaga didn’t have her first album out yet. I heard her advance tracks, ‘Just Dance’ and ‘Poker Face’ and was pretty blown away.”

Bolton said he predicted her huge success.

“I just knew those songs would be big and they exploded four months after we started working together on (their duet) ‘Murder My Heart.’ She has written hit after hit.”

Bolton knows a thing of two about making hits. Expect him to play a number of his most popular tunes in New Brunswick, including “How Am I Supposed To Live Without You,” “How Can We Be Lovers” and “Go the Distance.”

“I’ve been very fortunate,” Bolton said “Hits aren’t automatic; they can be very elusive. But things have worked out for me and I love to sing the songs that have taken me to where I am today.”

It hasn’t all been easy for Bolton. His over-the-top reputation as a “soul singer” has been ripped by “Saturday Night Live” and Conan O’Brien and clobbered by irreverent filmmaker Mike Judge in his cult hit “Office Space.”

Bolton doesn’t let the barbs bother him.

“I’ve learned to walk away from things,” Bolton said. “It’s like following up a bad golf shot. You move on and take another shot. And none of that measures up to all the great things that have happened during my career. I couldn’t be more thankful. It’s been an incredible ride so far.”

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Thanks for the article Sylvia. I think Ed has shuffled Michael's collaborators around, but he usually gives Michael positive reviews so that's good. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks Sylvia..Nice article.  Fun times with the press coming back this way now in the States along with MB's tour!! Yippee!!!!!

Robin in MD:)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service