2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's ok Sylvia. You get to us when you can & as I say, "it's not the amount of shows we go, it's the ones we're able to attend" & it's true. Sorry about your computer girl but totally awesome family's visiting&I think you said in from Australia. Wow! I just love it out here&oh, yeah, Loved Georgia, Patima. He sure has calmed down on that song. Boy do I remember the early 90's&how wild he was back then. Love his calmness but LOVE HIS WILDNESS. Woo Hoo. :)

Computer seems to be behaving itself a little better Robin CA although it is having exceptionally slow moments !!! LOL   My relatives are from Australia and they are heading back today .....been here 3 weeks and seems as though they arrived yesterday !!! :)  Maybe one day I'll get out there !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Good news folks for this is a tweet that ONtvChannels has just put out ....will keep watching for but as I don't know exactly what getting up to tomorrow I might miss so everyone keep a look out for .....they have a page on FB and it is called ONtvChannels (Sotogrande) so check on there to see when they post it.     Looking forward to !!!!! :)

"ONtvChannels     @ONtvChannels                11m       

Michael did an Exclusive Interview with ON.tv's Claudia Piefer at his Marbella Concert last week - available tomorrow"

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Folks and here is the link to the interview I mention above conducted by ONtvChannels at the Hotel Puente Romano, Marbella, Spain on 1st August, 2013.    Beginning is Michael singing at concert.....what a bonus and the interview is wonderful and over 19 minutes long so sit back, get that wee cup of tea or coffee and.....enjoy !!!! :)

Francoise located before me and she has placed it on the New Videos thread....merci Francoise !!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV48qAr-BXI

Thanks Sylvia, MB is fantastic as always!! Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

Another nice interview..So many versions of Hitsville!!LOL Love it!

Robin in MD :)

Sylvia,

Oh thank you so much for that interview video. Wonderful 19 minutes of Michael! And could that cameraman zoom in any closer?

Loved it!

Joy ;)

NJ

8/13: Interview- Michael Bolton at Celebrity Theatre

Michael Bolton.

Michael Bolton.
Universal Music Group.
The Republic | azcentral.comFri Aug 9, 2013 11:11 AM

Michael Bolton has just returned from a series of concerts in Spain, Italy and Monaco, so forgive him if he’s a bit jet-lagged: “My body doesn’t know what time it is,” he apologizes.

On the plus side, the gigs are a good indicator of Bolton’s enduring appeal. At 60, he is a couple of decades removed from his glory years in the ’90s, when such intense, heart-tugging songs as “When I’m Back on My Feet Again,” “Time, Love and Tenderness” and “Said I Loved ... But I Lied” clicked big with largely female audiences.

These days, he reports that an increasing number of men are showing up to his gigs, perhaps a result of his comedic “Jack Sparrow” recording with the Lonely Island from 2011.

Question: Are you always working?

Answer: It’s accurate to say I’m always working. I’m not always touring, but I’m always working.

Q: How busy is your touring schedule?

A: It takes me from the States to Europe, South Africa, South America, China, Asia, Australia. It’s a blur. Over the past three years, we averaged about 80 shows a year, so that means we’re traveling about 200 days a year. But my kids are grown up. I’m not married. I don’t have the same kind of vigilance over how many days I’m away from home anymore.

Q: So traveling is a major part of your life?

A: It’s a big aspect. Sometimes, I think I just lose track of how much I’m saying ‘yes’ to my booking agent. This is not a complaint, by the way. This is all I’ve wanted to do since I was 13. I never wanted anything else.

Q: Are there any down sides to this life you didn’t realize when you were dreaming about it as a kid?

A: I think the biggest one is time away during the years your kids are growing and developing. My daughters moved in with me when they were 12, 14 and 16. I was traveling a lot at that point, and they were coming out (on tour) with me every summer. The day they were done with school, we’d be out to Chicago, Atlanta or Dallas, flying in and out of shows. They were probably more interested in watching movies and raiding the minibar. But the biggest down side when you commit to six months straight of solid touring is just not being physically there and present. You realize you can never make that time back.

Q: That does sound tough.

A: I would block out the red-letter days, the graduations and birthdays and certain events. I would fly back for those. And I had great people around me, keeping track of things. But when I look back, I can’t fix those things that involved time with family through the growing years. On the other hand, the success did allow me to tell my agents and managers and accountants and handlers, “This week, I’m home. Period.” And I built a recording studio at my home, and the house next door became my offices.

Q: Does everyone who is successful in the business have the same issue?

A: I know on the bus we commiserate a bit about that. It’s tough on relationships. It’s a similar problem for people in TV and film. The most successful artists are living and breathing the work they’ve always wanted to do, their first passion. Everything else has to compete with it. That’s the big, and only, down side.

Q: For you, are the hunger and passion for music still as strong?

A: It’s different. I was sitting with a few artists who are friends of mine, and Bono from U2 happens to be there. We talked about the constant sense of needing to establish your relevance in a very quickly changing world. You think it’s crazy to look at a group that tours internationally and sells out arenas and stadiums to be thinking about relevance, but that’s the fact. But the upside of what we do is amazing.

Q: How so?

A: I have friends who are professional athletes and the windows of their careers are closing so quickly. Everything they’ve wanted to do since childhood, that they worked so hard for, and the clock is ticking in a very different way. They start winding down in their 30s. In music, the Stones are still touring the world. How old are the Stones? Or for me, as a vocalist, watching Tony Bennett tour the world and enjoying it like he’s a kid.

Q: What are your concerts like these days?

A: I have to bring the greatest hits. They don’t want to hear you pushing your new album. They want the songs that were the soundtracks to some of the most important experiences in their lives. But it’s a very wide range we provide. At the end of the night, my band and I look at each other and think, “Did we just do pop and big band and R&B and classical and standards? And this is what we do for a living?” That’s far from shabby.

Reach the reporter at randy.cordova@arizonarepublic.com or 602-444-8849. Twitter.com/randy_cordova.

Thanks for bringing interview over here Joy and it is good one !! :)  FYI don't know if you have spotted or not but Gail did start a new thread for it the other day but, as far as I am concerned, absolutely no reason why it shouldn't be here as well !!!! :)   Thanks Joy !!! :)

Sylvia,

I didn't notice Gail had it already posted on it's own. (Sorry Gail!) But yes, I agree it should be here, that's why I put it here.

Joy

NJ

Thanks for the terrific article Joy, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thanks for the article, Joy. Hugs,

Kathy T. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service