2013 TOUR REVIEW THREAD!!!!! EVERYONE WELCOME!! COME ON IN AND JOIN THE FUN!!

Welcome everyone to the 2013 Tour Review Thread!!!!!!!  It is hard to believe another year is soon upon all of us and it should be a fantastic Michael Bolton year full of fun and adventures for Michael's fans around the world!

Feel free to post  your stories and pictures, any videos from concerts and trips to see Michael do what he does best-SING!!!   Michael will be touring in 2013 starting in Jamaica in January.  There could be other events  too so if anyone attends a great Bolton event/concert come on in and share your experience here. We also have shows scheduled in the USA for February and one is on MB’s birthday which will be extra special!! This should be a very exciting year for all of us with MB’s new book coming out as well as a new CD and possibly his TV show starting later in the year too? We never know with MB as he’s got so many things going on at once!!LOL   We can report here if there are any book signings as well if you all want to. Also, later in the year the Michael Bolton Charities will schedule their events to raise funds for the MBC.

I am looking forward to another fun year of posts and sharing great times by the best Michael Bolton fans in the world on this forum. I will post events to keep the thread moving along as the concerts come up as I have in the past. 

Again welcome everyone!!!!!

Robin in Maryland USA :)

Views: 76864

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you ladies for posting all the pics. Never tire of our Michaels photos!!!

I found this pic in Connection with Frankfurt.

This is the american shockheaded Peter (german = Struwwelpeter) Ha, ha!

I do not mean evil!!!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks for photo Petra and I had to think what you were referring to with "Struwwelpeter" .....Hoffmann's opera and as interpreted by Mark Twain "Slovenly Peter"......I get your meaning that Michael is the Shockheaded Peter singing his opera and also being in the Old Opera House (Alte Oper) of Frankfurt.    I think that is what you mean ????? lol.

Vielen Dank für Foto Petra und ich musste denken, was Sie mit "Struwwelpeter" gemeint waren...Hoffmanns Oper und der Auslegung von Mark Twain "Schlampige Peter"...Ich habe Ihre Bedeutung, die Michael die Shockheaded Peter singt seine Oper und auch dem in der alten Oper (Alte Oper) in Frankfurt ist. Denke ich, das ist was du meinst??? Lol.
Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

In german it is also said "struwwelpeter" when human has hair that are messed up!

Sylvia, I have something to say:

In the german tv came today a report on the sports press ball in frankfurt. Unfortunately the video is not available.

Michael has been shown 20 seconds!!!!!

That´s too bad for Michael!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That´s too bad for his german fans!!!!

It is a great shame!

Petra Christine (Germany)

Thanks for information Petra and that is a shame about Michael only being shown for such a short time but I suppose better than nothing in at least you saw him.  A pity though if no mention was made of Kelly Levesque because she was appearing with him.   At least we got some pictures of him and maybe more will be released by the press once they get things sorted out.....hope so !!! :)

Understand what you mean about "struwwelpeter" being saying for messy hair and think Michael's is getting a bit too long and when it does believe it now has a mind of its own and goes wherever it wants !!!! lol

Vielen Dank für Informationen Petra und das ist eine Schande über Michael nur angezeigt werden, für kurze Zeit aber wohl besser als nichts in zumindest hast du ihn gesehen. A schade aber wenn keine Erwähnung von Kelly Levesque erfolgte, weil sie mit ihm auftut. Zumindest haben wir einige Bilder von ihm und vielleicht mehr erscheint von der Presse angekommen sie Dinge sortiert raus... also Hoffnung!!!
Verstehe was du meinst, über "Struwwelpeter" für unordentliche Haare sagen wird und denke, Michaels ist immer ein bisschen zu lang und wann es glaubt, jetzt hat ein gewisses Eigenleben und geht wo es will!!! lol
Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Oh Petra, do not wonder that Michael has been shown on the TV only for 20 seconds, as his complete performance took just 30 minutes. The promoter told me, he would sing 45-60 minutes, but it was a lie, maybe just a wish of them.

The shortest performance I have ever seen..... What a pity.

Ivana

Hello,

yes, yes, yes, this is the look in his face I saw with my own eyes.

As I mentioned in my review, he did not look very happy that evening......

Ivana

Hi ladies, enjoying all the posts and pics today. Have just had time to sit down since early this morning. Countdown continues 26 days left. And yes Sylvie I have started making a mental list of things to do and say but a formal list will have to wait, we are going to disneyworld on sat and will be gone for a week so I will get in full on mode when I get back.
Sandy in MSxoxoxo

Hey Sandy,

Have a Great time in Disneyworld! And get a bit of a tan if you can, so that you will be glowing for Michael:)! Plus: It will make you feel good!

About that list, here's a few suggestions....Camera, batteries, cellphone, sharpie, cash for your personalized Book... if you don't already have it! If you do...what the heck, get another one:)! LOL! And maybe something for your nerves....LMBO:)!

Now go have a Great adventure with our Family:)! We want to hear all about it:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

thanks Mary for the list. I will make sure I have all of that with me. I hope I do get a little tan but just in case I already have an appt for a spray tan on Tues before the concert on Friday and a mani-pedi on Wednesday before.LOL so I am making some progressLOL!!!!!!!!!

Have a great day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandy in MS xoxoxo

Sorry for my English:

I did not want to wait for London 2014 to see Michael and that´s why I decided to attend the Sports Press Ball 2013 in Frankfurt last Saturday. The event took place in the Old Opera, a very impressive building. The guests were German ministers, the premier, businessmen and many professional sportsmen, as the event was dedicated to the sports. I knew, it would not be Michael´s concert, but only his performance, nevertheless I was told by the promoter, that Michael would be performing for 45-60 minutes.

So I put a new simple elegant black long dress on and set off for "meeting" Michael. When I approached the opera, there was a red carpet on the floor, headlamps, many newspeople with cameras.... My goodness, where was I?

Even though I have a good job and feel comfortable in long dresses and high heels, I have never forgotten who I am and which real human qualities important are. I am sure, there
were some successful and honest people too, but I met also businessmen, who showed off with their jobs, money, cars, houses, holidays, and women, who married these rich men and only wanted to show their dresses and tons of make-up on their faces. They were not interested in anything, just in talking about money. But as I could see, they were not able to say „thank you“ to the checkroom attendant or „good evening“ to the cloakroom attendant. No, I am not this type of woman.

Michael was the star guest of this event, the highlight of the evening. There was no band of his, only 1 micro on the stage. He started his performance at 23:30 (originally planned for 23:15) with „When a man loves a women“ sung from the middle of the audience and he continued singing while walking through a corridor to the stage. When he started to sing the second song „Said I loved you, but I lied“, I went to the stage, as there was still enough free space – apart from newspeople with cameras. Many people were still eating, drinking, some of them dancing, some of them (mostly women) went to the stage to take pictures and sing along with Michael too. Michael looked - as always - handsome, dressed in a black suit, black shirt and black tie, black shoes. I do not know the secrete of his, but this man has absolutely no wrinkles !! He is not getting older. A face like a boy. He made an impression to me, not to be very happy, but sad. Maybe he did not feel comfortable alone on the stage, just missing his band (and his honest fan audience). He - mostly - did not look at the faces of the people, who were standing next to the stage, but to nowhere, he did not give a smile, it was not the Michael I knew. Shortly afterwards he invited Kelly Levesque to the stage to sing „How am I supposed to live without you“, „The prayer“ and „Ain´t no mountains high enough“ with him. Then he sang „Nessun dorma“ and „Lean on me“ and 2 (for me unknown) songs. I wanted to give a flower to him and say hello on behalf of his real fans. But he did not notice me at all, he did not see me. People, who were standing close to me and saw the flower in my hand pushed me up to him, encouraged me to do it now, but there was no chance to enter the stage. Even though I told to the bodyguards, that I had only a flower in my hand, not even a hand bag with me (I felt like nude), they did not allow me to approach him. I went back to my former place and when the people saw me still without success, they pushed me up again to the stage and made a corridor for me as Michael changed suddenly his position on the stage from left to the right. When he finished his last song, still without noticing me, somebody from the audience (a male voice) shouted very loudly "Michael (boy! wake up!), she just wants to give you a flower". And indeed, this is when Michael noticed me for the very first time, looked at me, was pretty surprised and pleased, went to the edge of the stage, took the flower and we shook hands. It was not the firm handshake I love, more a long touch, as he was still holding the microphone in his right hand.... and from that moment on I had a black out...... I cannot remember his eyes, it was just a moment, it felt like a second..... I only heart, that he was repeatedly saying „Thank you“, „Thank you“, „Thank you“ to me while I was disappearing in the crowds of people. I still hear his "thank you" in my ears, it was like an echo.....  He got a gift from the organizer of the event (I guess golf clubs), opened the zipper of the box and put the flower into it. Then he left the stage without coming back to give an encore. It was the shortest performance of his I have ever seen....

Even though the event continued, I went back to my hotel as my highlight of the evening was over and nobody and nothing could have ever top it.

The next morning, when I woke up and walked to the main railroad station to go home by train, I was thinking about how the time flies: yesterday evening, me in a long dress and diamond earrings feeling
like a princess close to the man of my dreams, and today just a Cinderella dressed in jeans, black coat, scarf, with an umbrella and luggage. But happy.....

So very happy for you Ivana!! :-)

Thank you for this wonderful review!

Liebe Grusse!

Nicolette xx

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service