American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mary, about country music, I was raised on it but as I’ve said, I’m not a huge fan. I’m just very selective in what I like. I enjoy Martina McBride, Jo Dee Messina, Shania, the Judds, Lady Antebellum and for some strange reason Randy Travis. My favorite female singer was and still might be considered country though: Olivia Newton-John. I would listen to and buy absolutely anything by her. Mostly I like the songs in country, but if I don’t like the voice, forget it. I’ve borrowed “Need you now” from my local library and loved it: Lady Antebellum have a great sound! As far as Taylor Hicks goes, oh I’d really hate to think he’s stuck up… I hope he was just having a bad night… Well, if you’ve witnessed it yourself, who am I to argue otherwise? Well, I kept forgetting but I have now checked out Jason Aldean, he’s not bad, but not quite my style sweetie, I’m sorry.  As I’ve said, I’m very selective in what I like. I guess I have to really love the voices to buy it. I mean there are some Olivia songs I don’t really like, but it’s her voice so it doesn’t matter. Just like Michael: I’d buy anything from him, even mp3’s on rap albums! Lol What did you think of “Jack Sparrow”? It’s really a shame we didn’t know about it being on SNL last night… I have to say that’s the kind of thing I try to keep unsuccessfully out of my boys’ ipods, but it’s a guilty pleasure!lol They’re out and I keep listening to it full blast! Lol Shame on me… lol Well take care Mary and have a wonderful mother’s day! Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Daughtry is also very good Mary. We don't shoot here...just throw...so you should always be prepared to duckl!!!! LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, I love Daughtry too, but don't consider them country: country wouldn't play on my pop French radio station! Not a whole lot of American Idols play on there to begin with, I think Daughtry and Adam Lambert are the only 2 that play consistently. As far as Taylor goes,  how lucky you saw him! I was delirious when he won... Well, thanks for sharing Kathy, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Kathy, I Love Daughtry, Did you think otherwise? Sorry, oh girl I have met this guy a couple of times

he is the real deal. He's is soooo nice, and if you wait after his shows, he always Signs autographs...

Great in concert, too:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

How funny Sylvie...but I also LOVED Taylor!!!! I was lucky enough to get tx for the second to last show when he was on!!! I was rooting for him to win!!! I also like Scotty...but LOVE James!!! I agree that he is a real artist. James has the passion and great artistic vision in addition to a great voice. I love watching him perform :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi all, I guess there's so much action in other sections that this poor little thread is forgotten? :D Did you guys watch AI last night? Wasn't Gaga amazing with the kids? I was really impressed with her, pardon the pun, hands on approach! lol James knocked it out of the ball park again! I will have to find that Martina McBride song  Lauren sang so beautifully! Does everyone agree that Haley should go home tonight?  This should really be a good results show, I can't wait! Take care all. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

GaGa is a trip for sure Sylvie! Very honest and definitely helpful especially for the young gals :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi all,  can anyone tell me what happened throughout America Wednesday night? Was there a blackout or  were phone lines suddenly rendered useless for 2 hours? I just don’t understand how James had the lowest number of votes, I just don’t, I really don’t… He had never been near the bottom 3, always gave 110% and the judges loved him, what happened? Funny coincidence that Ryan mentioned that this was the week Chris Daughtry was voted off in season 5… I guess I just don’t get the voting public… I wish the others well, but I’m extremely disappointed. But on the other hand, I’m very tempted to say: I don’t care what the voting public says, I say James won in my eyes… Take care all. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvie,  I'm with you on that girl!  I was so upset, I really thought he would Win!  But then when he was crying

I really felt sooooo sad for him.  he will be OK though, maybe it's for the best.... Look at Daughtry now....I wouldn't be

surprised if Chris didn't have him on Tour with him! Now that would be a great concert! I called Meg. she couldn't believe it either!

My guess is now it Scotty! Who do you think?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, well frankly, the way the public votes, I think it's anyone's guess. I would probably vote for Scotty, but I do love Lauren's voice and to be bluntly frank, I'd pick her over Haley. Haley has a nice tone, but I have to say I'm getting tired of hearing her growl. JMO Although I quite enjoyed the girls' duet last night. I would truly be elated if Lauren won, because it would prove that you don't need to be a screamer in this business and it's possible to make it with sheer beauty of tone and a song that comes from the heart. Again, JMO. Take care Mary, hope you're doing well. Have a great weekend sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: OMG, Daughtry and James in concert? I'm in! :D

Hi Sylvie....and JAMES is the WINNER!!!! I watched from my hotel room in Vegas!!! lol  That vote was identical to the Pia vote. She was never in the bottom three that I can remember. It seems as though this show has become too fake. The voting is not real!!! It can't be!!!! My heart ached for James and I was just as mad when Pia was voted off!!!! 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi all,

Sorry about the results show, I know most of you all loved James.  I did also, I figured Haley would be the one to go.  She did amazing with the song House of the Rising Sun from last week, but she isn't always that good.  James has never been in the bottom 3 so it was kind of a shock.  But I think he will do fine when this is over.  They go on tour for a year, and will then see what kind of recording contracts they get.  He will do great.  Look on YouTube for him singing in local bars near where he lives.  He sings a lot of Led Zepplin, and Robert Plant is a very hard voice to do.  James does it great.  I am hoping Lauren wins, but OK if it's Scotty.  He is amazing, I am just not a big country fan.

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

James Durbin on "American Idol" Wednesday

(Picture of James Durbin)

I also like his hair better worn down now, instead of the bandana look or the mohawk thing!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service