American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sylvie it certainly seems the winners of AI never really seem to be the true winners. The top 12 seem to do better than the actual winner. I have gotten a bit put off by the show in only that when there is really NO reason to fault a singer...the panel then NEEDS to find a reason and that causes unnecessary insult to the singers. Maybe if the show would be called the Top 10 Amateurs of 2012 or something like that?? The finalists just seem to all be very good singers year after year!!!

AI is definitely keeping Pasadena Fire Dept. very BUSY!!!! lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hey Sylvie, Yes, Phillip Phillip's is still in it to Win it:)! And I thought of you & Michael everytime someone sang "Georgia"....we are now down to the top 24, plus an added bonus next week....who is your pick?

P.S. Kathy thanks for getting the message out about 2012:)! So are you getting ready for any upcoming MB adventures?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, I was glad to hear your Phillip Phillips was still in! I really don't know who they'll go with for the 13th guy, but I guess I'm kind of hoping it's that poor Jones guy: I felt so bad for him and thought: why are they keeping the camera on him?"... I know they can't base their judgement on who cries harder and longer, but I thought he was really good. As a matter of fact, I absolutely loved the soulful duet he and the Ritchie guy sang last week. I'll try to find it on YouTube. BTW, I'm not settled on the guys yet, but I really like this Bailey Brown girl who I remember from the first time she was on A I. Let's wish our faves good luck! Take care Mary. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

On my way to work, just thought I'd check in on you All:)! LOL! I like Phillip because he's got something different,and he can sing...but of course I like a few more! Can you believe it Meg. isn't watching this show! Yes I felt sorry for that poor guy, he's got a good voice, and someone out there will Snag him up! He's a Momma Boy:)! I'm bad on names, until it gets closer! I wish them All good-luck, too!

Have a Great Day!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi again Mary, I found the duet I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC94x646hhc

The song is called “Make it easy on yourself” and the blend of their voices I thought was gorgeous. Reading the comments on the YouTube page, it sounds like a lot of people enjoyed Jermaine Jones. I guess we’ll find out next week if he’s the one the judges changed their minds about. Take care Mary. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi all,

Question-since I started this thread am I the only one who can end it?  Should I "Close It" and leave it here and start a new 2012 one?

I am thinking since it is labeled American Idol 2011, anyone new might not click on it and even look at it assuming it's an old thread.

Let me know what you think!

Joy

Good point Joy!!! I just kept writing. Where ever you "put" this thread I will try my best to find it. Don't know anything about starting and stopping threads...lol Any ideas folks????

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

I decided to change the title to 2011 & 2012 and add to the heading.  Hope this keeps up the interest and maybe some newbies will join in.  What do you think?

Joy

Hey Joy, good to read you here again! Renaming the thread is perfect sweetie, although you could have just dropped the "2011" and it would have done the job: I hope we're still all here next year too! :D BTW, I did get your PM and will respond as soon as I can. Take care Joy and I'll look forward to exchange on this year's new A I season! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

Perfect Joy :) Thanks...I knew you all would figure it out!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Sylvie,

OK, took your idea and dropped the 2011.  Can't wait til next week to actually start watching the top 24.  Getting to this point is a bit boring, I want to get on with it!

Joy

Hi Joy, I've noticed, good call! :D Well, the thread is not only about this season, but somehow, I doubt that anyone but us would go rummaging in there anyway, what do I know? Take care sweetie and it's good to read you again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service