American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all,
I see this Idol chatter has started up again! I have been watching most of it, I will faithfully watch once the top 24 are picked.
Also a bit of other news I just had to tell you:
Adam Lambert was right in my area on Saturday, I of course was working. He did a short live bit on our local radio station. I did get to hear it at work. (The Breeze 107.1 FM Long Branch, New Jersey-he was about 3 miles from me) I missed his live acoustic song, but he did talk with the DJ for about 15 minutes. He is doing a new album, said he wrote most of the songs and is very proud of this album. It is more of "him" than the others and it was not rushed. I loved him on Idol, but didn't think much of the first album he put out, "For Your Entertainment". I do love his voice, and I like him. Although yes, he can be a bit much live. We shall see.......

My other big news is I WON 2 TICKETS TO SEE DAUGHTRY!! From this same radio station. They are playing in the next town over from me at Monmouth University MAC Center. It is only a 10 minute drive from my house! So my daughter and I will be going to see him on April 20th! Can't wait for that!! :)

Joy

OMG Joy .....that is fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!! How fun that will be!!! He is a great singer and performer. What a fun activity for you and your daughter to enjoy together! I am very happy for you :) Come back and tell us all about the concert girl!!!! Have a great time!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Joy, glad you got to hear Adam on the radio and I did know about his upcoming album, it sounds promising! I personally enjoyed FYE, I just love Adam's voice. Oh girl, you'll have poor Mary (M&M's) drooling over Daughtry: she'll sadly be missing a concert because she's working... Do come back to let us know how the show was, how lucky you won the tickets! I personally got Scotty McCreery's CD but haven't listened to it yet. I'm not a huge country fan but loved his voice too. BTW, I think they should be cutting down to the top 24 this week, because this is seriously dragging on... Well thanks for sharing the good news Joy, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

I hope they get to the top 24 Sylvie!!!! Geting impatient myself...lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Joy,

So you Won 2 tix. to see "Daughtry" did ya? I am thrilled to pieces for the 2 of you, I guarantee you will Love his show! Meghan is going to see him with one of her friends sometime in March! I have to work, so I'm sittin' this show out...but I have seen him a couple of times, and he really puts on a Great show!!! I hope you share your concert story with me! BTW if you or your daughter want to meet him just go to his Bus, he will come out and Meet you all,

he is very much into his Fans! ENJOY:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary,

Yep, thanks for the tip!  Not sure my daughter will want to do that, but maybe.  Can't wait to see him.  Hope I have good seats, I won't know until that night.  The radio DJ told me the venue has them at the box office.  I am going to try to call them and ask them, and to be sure  and there is no screw up.  Since I don't have anything to prove I won them, I want to double check somehow. 

Is this the bus?  I found it by Googling!

Joy

So pleased for you Joy that is wonderful to have won two tickets and hey folks have a guess what I came across last night as I was searching through TV channels because I was fed up with the same old rubbish and up popped American Idol and it was a guy singing "Georgia" but I wasn't too enamoured with him and got to wait till next programme to find out if he is through to last 24.....will watch again and see what is going on !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, it's hard to tell because somehow, quite a few people sang "Georgia". I guess you'll see the top 24 next week. We'll try to keep you posted on interesting activities and people to look for. Take care Sylvia, glad you could join in! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

It was a guy who was crying a LOT when he was in front of the three jurors to get their decision if he went through or not and talking about his little daughter and I must admit I have no objection to seeing a man crying but that guy took the biscuit for me and I had to stop watching it for I felt I may just have pulled him out of the telly and there is no saying what I would have done to him after that .....OTT wasn't in it as far as I was concerned .....all that rubbish and the sob stories were what spoiled a lot of those type of programmes over here for me because each series seemed to get more carried away on the hysteronics than on the reason why they were there - to sing !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I must say I agree that sometimes, the sob stories can be a bit much, but they always seem to pull those up and showcase the saddest ones. You have to wonder if that's the only thing they think will move you to empathize with the hopefuls. In any case, we're on the top 24 now so they should have more to talk about, so we're on the right track! Thanks for sharing Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

You should ask the radio station if you can have some kind of proof, or do you simply have to show your I.D.!!! It wouldn't hurt...that looks like a very Nice Bus,and I'm sure if that's the one, there will be lots of other Fans around it:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hey to All!

Idol will be on 3 times this week, it should be interesting to watch! I  So get your favorites Snacks ready, oh and don't 4-get the Kleenex box, cause you know there will be a tearful moment or two! Enjoy:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service