American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mary, I'll be there with bells on and guess we'll talk again about it this week. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvie, What did you think of Phillip Phillip's, I thought he was great, there are soooo many good ones this year:)! Now who's your fav.?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

I didn't think it was such a great night :/  The volume wasn't complimentary to all the great voices!!! Something strange with the audio. Phillips did great and the gospel young guy was also good...forgot his name already :/  Hope the audio is better tomorrow for the ladies!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Mary, yes Phillip did great last night! I'm sticking to my policy and trying not to learn their names, lol until the official top 5 or whatever number of guys are selected, but I have to say I was thrilled to have Jermaine Jones back! Take care Mary and have a great day. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Mary,
Yes, thanks for the reminder!
It's on Tues, Wed and Thurs.
Here is the link
Joy

I couldn't find it last night....checked all the channels but nowhere in sight !!! :((((  Maybe we will get last night's on tonight....need to check !!! :))

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Break a leg Sylvia! Hmm, dumb question but have you checked if there's a UK on-line site where you could watch it? Just wondering. Well again, break a leg girl. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvie you think you have asked a dumb question.......when you are dealing with a "numpty dumbty" that is far from the truth but I have to thank you for definitely bestowing more intelligence on me than I possess for would I think of checking on-line....simple answer...NO !!! LOL.   Have checked the telly programmes again for tonight and it isn't on but I think it was Thursday when I saw it so maybe tomorrow night it will be on !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Well, we really do have a lot of great talented singers this year don't we? I am impressed so far. My top picks are:

GUYS: Phillip Phillips, Colton Dixon and Joshua Ledut. OMG, Joshua really is amazing!

GALS: Erika VanPelt, Elise Testone, Shannon Magrane, Skylar Laine, Hollie Cavanah, Jessica Sanchez, and Hallie Day.

My top favorites are underlined.  Let's see what happens on Thursday night!

Sylvia, hope you can find some way to watch! 

Joy

Hi Joy, I agree that there are a lot of great voices this year. I was going to hold out on the girls too but I remembered Skylar because her voice reminds me so much of Kelly Pickler who I loved but Jessica Sanchez just blew me away yesterday! She had voice issues and sang a Jennifer Hudson song, hello? I'm worried about Bailey Brown though because she didn't do well yesterday but I remember loving her voice, even the first time she was on. Well anyway, that might change, but so far, Jessica is a front runner to me. Thanks for sharing Joy, I can't see who's your favorite but you definitely have good choices. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Sylvie,

There I go again!  The underlined names are:

Colton Dixon, Joshua Ledut, Jessica Sanchez and Hallie Day

Joy :)

I agree with Sylvie in that Skylar definitely reminds me that adorable Kelly Pickler. But Jessica Sanchez was AMAZING and at 16????? Talk about a God given talent!!! Oh my!!! I love Elise Testone's originality and voice. I think the ladies were much better than the guys. Even the judges admitted they weren't as attentive towards evaluating the guys as they could have been. Maybe everyone had first night jitters..... :) Hollie was also very good!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service