American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Mary, this, is Jessica Sanchez:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CE1QZVftTU

Remember, she’s the one who had swollen vocal cords? As Randy said: “Crazy! Crazy!” lol Mary, seriously, Jennifer Hudson sang this in “Dreamgirls”, have you seen it? If you haven’t, I strongly suggest you rent it. So there you go girl, take care Mary. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi ladies....Jessica's voice is unreal!!! I don't think she even realizes what a strong voice she has. And gosh with some professional guidance she will be untouchable!! I am glad Erika was saved also :) I don't get that falsetto voice of Deandre's :/ I think he over uses that style.

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Kathy and all,

I did some searching on youtube and sure enough found Jessica Sanchez.  She has had much professional guidance over the years!  She was on America's Got Talent, but I guess didn't win.  I am not sure of Idol rules, I know you can't be under contract with anyone to get picked or an agent, but if you've been on TV or other contests I guess it doesn't matter. 

Check this out, here is Jessica Sanchez back in 2008. She has been singing for years even on TV, but hasn't won anything yet. Maybe Idol will do it for her, now that she is older. 

Also Kathy, I agree with you about Deandre's voice.  He can really sing, but he is just all over the place!  I don't enjoy listening to him.  Maybe if he sings different songs or sings differently by not using the falsetto constantly I might like him more.  But that's just my taste.
Joy

Oh wow, thanks for sharing this Joy! Thanks to your link, I did a little more research  and found that she seems to enjoy singing a lot of Beyonsé and sang a few songs from "Dreamgirls" and has also sung "I will always love you", but wonder if she'll just go with the obvious choice on Whitney night this week. She does have a lot of confidence, but a lot of maturity in her voice too: I love her low range. Wow, I'm sorry for anyone else on this thread if someone doesn't like her! lol Well anyway, thanks a lot for sharing Joy, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Joy for that history on Jessica!! Well she definitely has had some professional input already and perhaps that has given her all the confidence she needs. I love her voice and her cute personality. 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Sylvie, I thought that was the girl everyone was talking about! She is a force to be reckoned with! I wonder if our Michael ever gets the chance to see these kids, if so I think he'd like her Voice as well:)! JMO!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Swollen vocal cords? Oh oh, if that is true she should better take care of her voice and singing practice otherwise she will ruin her voice soon!! I hope someone is on her side to give her advise - and she is able to accept it! She puts a lot of pressure on herself.

Greetings, Astrid

Hi Astrid!

You watch Idol in Germany?  If you need a spoiler alert we will try to remember to write it, but maybe you should just not come here until after you have watched the results show.  Glad to have you join us in the discussion, the more the merrier!

Joy

Hi Joy,

thank you for your welcome here LOL. I only have access to the youtube videos, but very often they appear right after the aired shows.

It is not only that I like to discover new voices but also for professional reasons since I am a speech and language pathologist. I like to observe the participant's breathing and singing technics and see how (or if LOL) they develop. Because a lot of those appreciated harsh voices are based on a abuse of the vocal chords and this misuse will have its price. After a while, maybe some years, edema and knots occur on the vocal chords so that a surgery is needed which can destroy a voice forever and/or they will need treatments with therapists like me. I so hope their vocal coaches have a good influence on them.

I am glad that MB changed his early singing technics. Although I sometimes miss his higher and deeper notes (Rocky Mountain Way - LOL) and the very special emotional expression due to his former tough pressure on his larynx, I prefer him being able to sing for a long time to come. I think he found a good mixture of taking care for his voice and yet deliver that unique voice experience we all love so much.

So watching Idol and all those other formats keeps me trained since at this time I only have a few (speaking) voice patients and no patients with singing ambitions at all. Unfortunately our German Idol hardly offers voices and talents like you have in the US. But on this new format called "The voice of ..." - Germany in our case LOL - surprised me deeply. Also I definitely prefer coaching instead of dissing.

If you like to hear the first German winner: Ivy Quainoo:

http://www.universal-music.de/ivy-quainoo/videos/detail/video:27109...

As far as I know Australia has the same format and this year Seal will be a member of the jury too.

BTW, do you know how American's Got Talent winner Michael Grimm is doing? I really liked his version of WAMLAW and his duet with Jewel.

I am looking forward to discuss the results LOL. Have a great time

Astrid

Hi Astrid,
Well if you watch the YouTube videos right after they air, that's pretty much like watching the show! And you don't have to watch all the commercials!

You have a very interesting career, do you work in a hospital or doctor's office? You probably followed the case of Adele I imagine? She was very lucky, but others like Julie Andrews were not. Very sad she can't sing any more from what I've read. Michael seems to know what he is able to do and takes care of himself and his voice. Like you said, we hope he is able to sing for many years to come!!

Ivy Quainoo is great! Nice to see singers from other countries.

I like Michael Grimm very much also. He has 3 albums out so far, I have only one. Of course he is someone they don't play on the radio so you have to look him up online to find out about him.
Talk to you on the forum
Joy

Hey Asrid,  So you like Michael Grimm, too? I chose him right off...maybe you could find WAMLAW and show it to Us on here... I'd like that! Thanks bunches!

Jewel was one of the "mentors" on "The Voice" last night! I like that show, too!

Take Care:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi girls, now Astrid, OMG thank you so much for sharing your expertise on here! It’ll be very interesting to hear what you have to say about the contestants. Do feel free to add anything about our Michael also! Lol Thanks for sharing Ivy’s link: she has a great tone. My husband is a great fan of Michael Grimm too. Now Joy, out of curiosity, which MG album do you have? Hubby has the first one I think, but I’d love to hear his “I’ve got dreams” album, I love that song by Otis. I’m wondering though: wouldn’t he play on blues radio stations? Well anyway, this one’s for you Mary:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETPFFYiAiqU

Well I guess we’ll all come back here to actually talk about the idols tomorrow or Thursday... :D Take care and goodnight girls. Hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service