American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yes Susan Boyle really showed them all didnt she when she sang for the first time!! I loved the looks of the judges and audiences faces when they realised how good she was!! Priceless!!!

Not sure if we get Fox over here, but Sharon has just told me that its on ITV 2 so I will be able to have a look at that.

I am delighted that the US version is different from ours here.  There are so many extremely talented people missing out just because they are older or not 'pretty' and the US show certainly has the right idea. Thats excellant. Who's to say what the ideal idol really is. Surely its someone who can sing and who can deliver the goods day after day.

Thanks again Sylvie. I appreciate your help.

May the best 'man or woman ' win! Ha Ha!!

Love Jennifer

Well said Jenn .I watch these shows but must admit I get fed up when the auditions are over .I love the bad auditions that think they are fab .some of the really talented people who are not typical beautiful types end up winning which really annoys me.American idol has been on itv 2 on Thurs night I think  .I am really enjoying STeven Tyler and am quiet surprised at how sweet Jlo is .I love  Scott  he has such a deep country voice but I think Pia will win ,beautiful voice and she is really pretty .She has the package but I think a few will get a contract after the show .xx

Oooh thanks Sharon ITV 2 eh? I'll have to have a look to see when its on. I just turned over a minute ago and what ashock!! 'The only way is Essex' was on. I hate that program!!

I'm from Essex born and bred and hate that the girls are being stereo typed as being thick bimbos. Of course there are a few thick, orange tanned bimbos here, but some very famous and very important  historical lady's came from Essex. 'Shut...up!'  They should do a show about them to set the record straight.

I will definately look into watching AI so thanks for this Sharon. I wouldnt mind a regular dose of Steven Tyler!!

Love Jennifer XX

Hi Jennifer,

I can relate to you when you talk about the Essex show. We have so many shows about New Jersey (Jersey Shore, Jerseylicous, Real Housewives of New Jersey) We don't have New York accents or say "New Joisey". We are not all guidos and guidettes or have orange spray tans, teased streaked hair, super long nails, or go to bars and get drunk all the time. I hate these stero typical shows!

Joy xx

from the Jersey Shore

I've seen a little bit of the Real Jersey Housewives and didnt like it at all. I know that you're not all like that as you say long painted nails, spray tanned and the regulation blonde streaked hair.

It is annoying isnt it how thye portray everyone like that.

Hey, I caught a bit of American Idol on line and it was great. Casey was incredible singing 'Your song' Wow!!!!! What a voice!!!!

Jacob sang 'Alone' and I swear he could have burst into an operetta at anytime!! Amazing!!!

I thought that Scotts voice was so deep. It sounds like its coming from its boots!! It has real depth to it and many levels. A very enjoyable voice to listen to.

Thia singing 'smile' reminded me, did you know that Charlie Chaplin wrote the music for this song for his 1936 film 'Modern times' and the lyrics were added later in 1954 by John turner and Geoffrey Parsons and recorded by Nat King Cole. Amazing isnt it?

I shall have to find AI on TV and take a proper look, but what I saw I really liked.

Thanks for introducing me to this.

Love Jennifer XX

Hey Sylvie,

We met Daughtry on one of the tours for AI here in Ky...But later on after all of that was over he came

back here to Ky. To a place called Headliners! When I went to get our tix,get this, I got the only 2 from

that ticketmaster outlet.. It sold out in minutes! He was Awesome....Then he came back again, last year and we went to see

him again...:)! He's great in concert!

Mary (M&M's)!

Did any of you by chance get to see the CMA Awards show?  Carrie Underwood & Steven Tyler did a double duet, and they were

totally Awesome! Check it out on You-Tube, it's also on Yahoo's page!

BTW Joy the goodie bags are a way to really get there attention. And you can put notes to them that might read

while traveling. It was Fun putting ours together! Good-Times & Great Memories:)!

Mary (Meggy's Mom)!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbbIvGVQqKk

Here is the link that Mary mentioned of Carrie Underwood and Steven Tyler.

Hope you dont mind me posting it here for everyone Mary, its really worth seeing. It really is quite incredible.Especially 'walk this way!' Wow!!!! I love Stevens long white coat!! amazing!!!!

Love Jennifer XX

Jennifer,

Thanks so much for that link, I didn't see the show but couldn't find a good clip on YouTube.  That was the entire 2 songs, and good quality!

I love them both, it was epic!!!!  Who would have thought Steven Tyler would show up and so a song on the Country Music Award show?

Joy

Thanks Jennifer, I needed that:)!  I don't know how you all do that stuff, pretty neat!

Here's another one you might want to see!  Jason Aldean & Kelly Clarkson " Don't you wanna stay"!

I really like this video,too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4ti6TKzt0

Meggy added it for Us all:)!

American Idol really has brought out alot of great Talent:)!

Enjoy!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

It's a tough call, on who will go home tonite. I like them all! But I think it may be Paul in the bottom 3.

Just my opinion, what's yours?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, you're right, it is a tough call. You know, I'm not a Paul fan, but I think he did well last night: the song suited him and he performed it confidently. Okay, here’s a can of worms: what did everyone think of Stefano’s WAMLAW? It’s very hard for me to be objective about that song so I’ll refrain from commenting. I can’t wait to watch the result show though: they’re really bringing on the star power this year, aren’t they? Stay tuned! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service