American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 9274

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kathy,
No Poodles don't shed!!! (I have 2) But maybe you meant this kind of dog:
 It's A KOMONDOR
Picture
Oh sorry, my mistake
It's A DE ANDRE !
Sorry Sylvia, I just couldn't resist!! LOL!!!!
Joy
(Sylvie B-Top 2 pics are of a type of dog that has long curly dread lock type fur, and the last pic is Sylvia's boy DeAndre who has the same type of hair!!)

ROFL...I see the similarity!!! Wonder which one Wee One wants!!! Say that 10 times fast!!!!!! That will keep you busy Sylvia....practicing that tongue twister!!!! Glad your poodles don't shed Joy...do they flick their curls?????? LOL Couldn't resist!!! lol His hair is gorgeous...I will give him that...just keep it still please. lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob

OH, VERY FUNNY.....think you are a couple of comedians do you ??????   Don't give up the day job....that is all I will say to the two of you !!!!!!!!!!

Must admit when I saw the picture of the dog I thought it was an afghan and it has just struck me about the connection of "long hair" because if I see an afghan I will look at it twice as I think they are beautiful dogs but that poor thing in the picture.....surely that is something that has been thrown over him for fun for it looks absolutely filthy or has he just been swimming in a mucky puddle ??? LOL   Away to try find out what kind of dog that is !!!! LOL

Thanks for my laugh over breakfast !!!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

We will leave the comedy to you Sylvia...this situation just happened by accident!!!! Miss Icon has a picture for every story!!!

LOL

Kathy and LAFD Kathy

Oh Joy and Kathy, ROTFL I think I'll keep that one for when I need a laugh! lol lol lol Oh that was bad! lol Now you got me feeling bad for Sylvia and Goldie Locks, or is it Fauntleroy? ;D BTW, is poor Deandre blond? Just wondering. I'm sorry Sylvia but that was funny... XD Thanks for the laugh girls, God bless you and have a great day! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Deandre does have blonde highlights that look natural to me Sylvie..but I am sure Wee One has all the facts....probably emailed the hairdressers on AI....lol...!!! It is funny...LOL

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Obviously saw the word Komondor but did not realize that was a breed of dog....thought it was a play on words that I didn't understand....and have found below information about them and the picture that went along with definitely confirms what I thought....that poor little soul in the photo is filthy as, for a kick off, they are white and he sure doesn't look white !!! LOL."

"A  large, muscular breed, the Komondor is mostly known for its unusually dense,  protective coat of heavy white cords (which make him look like a giant mop!) that  form naturally as the breed matures in age. The coat serves to cover vulnerable  body parts in case of attack, helps him blend in with his flock and protects  him from weather extremes. While he has been a working dog in Hungary for ten centuries, he is also found in  the show and obedience rings in the United States.

A Look Back The breed was developed in Hungary  to guard large herds of sheep and cattle on the plains. The Komondor is an almost direct descendent of the Aftscharka, which  the Huns found on the southern steppes when they passed through Russia. Rather than being used to round up herds or  flocks, the breed typically accompanies the animals they are in charge of to  act in the role of protector, mostly without assistance or commands from their  master."

Sylvie, DeAndre is not blonde, dark brown same as MB used to be except I would say his hair is just a tad curlier....hairdresser went daft with the perm lotion or size of rollers that were used !!! LOL.

I am away back into my corner and I won't mention DeAndre again if that is the kind of cheek he is going to be dealt.....I don't know....comparing him to a dog !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia,

Thanks for looking up and all that info on the Komondor!  Now I hope you are not still in your corner sulking!!  Don't be upset, you know we just love to tease you as you go along with it so well!  And can take it right?  We are doing it all in good fun!

Joy

So my Daughtry concert was Friday night 4/20! Amazing!!! My seats were not great, but if you remember I told you I won them on the radio so I won't complain they were free! Had to pay $10 to park the car, that was it. And the best thing is the show was at a college 10 minutes from my house. So the seats were close to the stage but way over on the side, we couldn't see the back drop screen at all. Most of the time we saw the guys and Chris's backs. They would come over to the side and corner every once and awhile and face us, so it wasn't terrible. If I had paid for these seat I wouldn't be happy, but the music was great. He was so good, sang so strong, in tune every note, full of energy-just really gave it his all for close to a two hour show. Came back out for a 2 song encore. Sang all his hits, did a few new songs, one cover of a Tom Petty song.
My daughter and I had a great night out away from our guys for the night.
Joy
from the Jersey Shore

Can't get my pics to copy here.  Working on it..............

Hey Joy, thanks for your review sweetie, that sounded great! You're very fortunate to be able to spend time with your daughter, glad you both had a good time! Thanks for sharing,  take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Joy, I'm glad you had a great night out with your daughter...wasn't it sooo much fun? I know, I've been there mant times...they keep Us feeling young! Daughtry is Amazing in concert I know...but I do wish you waould have had better seats...Did you see the Bus? Great review!

Mary (M&M's)!

Sylvie & Mary,

It was great indeed!! We both had to work that day, didn't have time to go looking for the bus or stalking!! (I only do that for MB!)

Joy

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service