American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree on the Boss logic Mary and I would love to hear Phillip singing "Nebraska" or "Mary Queen of Arkansas" or........, or.........!!!  I didn't pick that song because of the "Mary"....I just love it as I do all of the Boss's a bit like MB's.....there ain't one bad one amongst them all but maybe too I would like to hear him going for something just a little different like "The River" or "Briliant Disguise" but I like the idea of the "Wee Boss" !!! LOL.

Sylvia.    Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Mary, Robin R doesn’t follow this thread, nor does she watch A I. Cool about the former contestants being in the audience, they do that from time to time. I’m thinking they might be rehearsing for the finale show. Oh I can so picture you balling your eyes out on the homecomings Mary: it’s always an emotional moment. About what Jimmy said, he did say if Phillip wrote his own songs that he’d be the same type. Bruce Springsteen is a rock monument: he can follow in his footsteps but have a long road ahead... That was my 2 cents... Wow Mary: 10 cents worth? You’re a big spender! :D Take care sweetie pie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi ladies :) What a great show it was!!! I love Joshua's and Jessica's emotional involvement with each song .....but....I think Philip is more original and could possibly be a Boss Jr. The other two have become a bit more predictable. Of course all 3 and some of the others will have wonderful careers regardless of the outcome. I was thrilled though that Phillip was in the top two!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

HI ALL!  BECAUSE OF MY WORK SCHEDULE I AM UNABLE TO WATCH A.I.  I FOLLOW IT ONLINE AND ON THIS THREAD  I AM A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED THAT JOSHUA WAS ELIMINATED  I WAS HOPING FOR A JESSICA AND JOSHUA FINALE   PHILIP IS GOOD AND ANYBODY CAN WIN   I AM HOPING JESSICA WINS  SHE HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE AND WILL GO FAR   WHO DO YOU THINK WILL/SHOULD WIN  PHILLIP OR JESSICA?  

GLORIA

Results show has just finished here and I will still go for Phillip !! :)    

Don't know Sylvie about Adam having anything remotely to do with Elvis.....yellow earrings and yellow t-shirt.....yeah Elvis wore them a lot !!! lol.    Who I would say is the next Elvis is his daughter and as she is getting older she is getting to look like him more and more.....I thought her voice was superb....loved her !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Sylvia, I'm just saying what I've heard. I think it was more about the hair... whatever... I missed Lisa Marie's performance though, but glad you enjoyed it. Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Wasn't Lisa Marie stunning looking Sylvia?? I do like her spunkiness and am glad she is continuing to sing. I did like her song also. What was with those yellow ear rings on Adam???? lol Adam did have the Elvis "do" but didn't sing like him. I hope he has learned to be a bit more controlled while performing. Big egos are never very appealing. 

Jessica will probably win because there hasn't been a girl winner for a while. She is good and I was voting for her in the beginning. Now it is almost down to personality to make a hard choice. I must give the originality factor to Phillip so he has my vote. Once again there are NO losers in this group!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

I went to have my hair Hi-lited today:)! And it was all about AI at my hairdresser's shop...everyone loves Phillip there...so I just wanted yo add that FYI...LOL:)! OMG, next week, I don't even want to think about it! But somebody's gonna Win...that's for sure!!! Personally I like them both!

Mary (M&M's)!

Wait and see Mary for as Kathy says if a girl hasn't won it for a while.....our one here can be slightly predicted as well on that statistic because I think the votes then take on a subliminal perception aspect especially when both are so good and so different.....which do you pick ??? :)

Agree with you Kathy that Lisa-Marie looked fabulous and I adored the black dress and thought is that class or is that class.....made such a beautiful and delightful change than the norm now for half naked which I think is going OTT and needs a swing back before it goes any further.....they are all starting to look like meat at a cattle show !! LOL    Okay, okay ....I know I am just jealous because I have to cover up everything.....I actually put the lights out now when I look at myself in the mirror for fear of a heart attack !!!! LOL.   Byeeeeeeee !!! LOL. 

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hey Gloria, sorry you couldn't join us earlier!  Well, we're kind of split on opinions on who should win. Actually, I'm not sure but though most people agree Jessica has a great voice, I may be the only one rooting for her to win. Please someone correct me if I'm wrong. I was sorry to see Joshua go too, but we were split on him too. Hey, that's democracy! :D Take care Gloria, good to have you here. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi all and yes Hi GLORIA!!

I am hoping for Jessica to win!  Have been all a long.

Well I was quite surprised Joshua got voted off this week! I really thought it would be him and Jessica in the finals. But I am really liking Phillip a lot more than I did weeks ago, he has gotten better each week.
I thought Adam Lambert did good on the show, I like him. And I was thrilled to see Lisa Marie Presley! She has never gotten that popular, but I really like her. She is dark and moody but has a cool sultry voice. She doesn't show off, she sings what she wants. I think I remember reading that she is not really into getting famous like her father, she sings because she loves it. Doesn't need the money! Besides she is busy with her family. She is 44 has 2 kids in their 20's I think (girl is a model/actress) and twins from a new husband.
One more week for idol and it's over!
Joy
Can't find a good link to the Lisa Marie song she did on Idol. The ones on YouTube are messed up, But this one is the official video for the song:
I have her CD "Now What" from 2005, and love it. So glad she is singing again. Looked it up and she had one other CD "To Whom It May Concern" in 2003, I don't have that one. New CD is "Storm & Grace" just released 5/15/2012.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service