American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well Kathy, I did get the autograph, but the "nerd" that let Us in tore it right in to...I was like, oh know you didn't...he said he had to do it:(...Yeah Right, he could have let that one slide:)! When they were All touring for Idol though, I did get the whole Book signed by most of them for Meghan, I went there to the Fair and waited for Meghan & her friend to come find me..then after meeting him, I was shaking...I said now look what you did you got me all nervous & shaking, he just smiled and kept on signing autographs:)! Meghan camped out there all morning, til they arrived and got to have her pix. taken with him...she brought them for me to see while I was working...so I said heck let's take him a copy...when I gave it to him, he was a bit shocked, but happy to have it! when the Bus pulled out Elliott & Chris were hanging out waving good-bye to everyone! That my friends was a few years ago..it was Awesome!

Now look at him:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Mary,

Such a great story!  I think I remember you telling us way back, but nice to hear it again.  You will never forget it....

Joy

Oh yes...I remember that Mary about your special book....or was that Aldean's book???? :) Great story!! Oh my...if someone tore a MB signed ticket in half??????? I would still be on probation!!!! LOL Good control on your part Mary....lol

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Beautiful!!! Thanks Gloria :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

LOVE your sign off photo Joy....a beautiful sand pathway to the ocean with small natural plants on either side and weather beaten posts along the path.....beautiful :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Hey Kathy, thanks for the description! Take care. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Kathy,

Thanks, I was looking for something to represent summer at the Jersey Shore. Of course most of what I find when I Google "Jersey Shore" is that stupid a$$ TV show! Finally I found the perfect picture of what I remember back in the days of my youth going to the beach here in the summer. Unfortunately most of the beaches now days are not "free" so that picture now has gates and a ticket booth by it to ruin the landscape!

(And thanks for the description for Sylvie!)

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Hey Joy. That is a Great pix. and at least you get to go to a beautiful place like this...here in Kentucky....they closed down all of the public pools, so when school's out the kids don't even get the luxury of a swimming pool! I hate that, because back in my day, that's what we loved about the summer:)! Makes no sense to me!

Mary (M&M's)!

Why are they closed?  Don't tell me, I already know.  Have to cut things to save money right?  That's a shame!

Well we have nice beaches here, but I don't think any are free like they were when I was young.  And the few that are "free" charge you $15 to park your car for the day, so that's not free unless you can walk there. 

Joy

Thanks for your story Mary and sorry to hear about swimming pool....that is nothing short of a disgrace and in fact a little town along the road from me has just spent millions renovating an outdoor pool that they have had for centuries and if anyone suggested that that close there would a riot and I mean that literally...authorities would have a fight on their hands if they tried something like that here no matter what their reason it would not be accepted quietly !!    Now you know it is not just me that is a "troublemaker"....all little Scots have that "fight" in them....here comes William Wallace !!!! LOL. 

Thanks too for your picture and story about the beaches Joy and I must say I was quite flabbergasted (hey, that is a big word for me) to read that for here in the UK nobody can own the beach.....it belongs to the sea and can't be bought and you have right of access onto any beach or shoreline in the UK .....only thing that comes near to a charge is, as you say Joy, if a car park is there and you get charged for parking your car but if you can walk, there is no charge....against the law for anyone to attempt it !!

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Joy, I really don't know why they are closed! If you ask me these kids need to have some entertainment so they can stay out of trouble! And swimming is so much foun when you are kids, especially! The crime rate will go up, and that's a real bummer!

Mary (M&M's)!

That is a shame Joy about paying to enter the beach. I guess we here in California have so much coast that...so far...we aren't charged an entry fee. I absolutely love that photo. I love taking long walks and I just jumped right into that photo and took a walk along the beach...lol At some beaches we do pay for parking though.

Well I hope you aren't suffering too much from the heat Mary in Kentucky with no pools:(  I have a friend in Kentucky right now who is recovering from a quadruple heart by-pass surgery (yipes) and they say it is very hot and humid :/ 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service