American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Kathy, Yes indeed "Sugarland" puts on one heck of a concert...this girl can really sing...of course we've seen them twice, so far! You all know me & my Meg. we love our concerts! She & Bon Jovi did a show on CMT a few years back, and it was Awesome, they recorded a song together called "Who says you can't go home"....Sylvia maybe your nephew could find you some of there songs and put them on a CD for you! "Baby Girl" was there 1st hit!!! I'm glad you enjoyed the song:)!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Thanks for all the tips and especially about the group name "Sugarland" and I will check out !!    Talking about recording stuff DVD of MB doing the "Wright Stuff" programme is just about complete.....nephew putting finishing touches too as there was so much rubbish on the tape but should be ready for showing soon and I know it has been a wait but can we kind of say I was really going for authenticity and doing it in "MB time" so really, all in all, March to June isn't tooooooooooooooo bad, is it ????? ROFL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Mary, thanks a lot for sharing that sweetie. I knew I had heard Jennifer's name somewhere but couldn't place it. Now I don't know Sugarland but I know the song "You can't go home". Again, thanks for clearing that up, take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Mary....we were suposed to attend a Sugarland concert here but couldn't make it :/ Her people were sooooo nice and gave free tix to my husband's fire crew marking the fifth anniversary of the huge Griffith Park fire that my husband fought. The venue for the concert was at The Greek Theatre in Griffith Park !!!! How great is that????? Many of his fire crew went and said it was great. She is soooo cute and a great performer!!! And boy do I have FOND memories of attending THREE Michael concerts in a row there when Celine Dion was opening for him!!!! Those concerts were OUT OF THIS WORLD!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, Sorry I didn't see this before...but I never knew Celine Dion ever opened for him....OMG..I know those were Awesome shows:)! Did they ever sing anything together? She has such a beautiful voice as well!

Mary (M&M's)!

Hi Mary...no they didn't sing together. She was the beginning star and so she OPENED for Michael...can you imagine??? Those concerts were just the beginning for beautiful Celine!!! She was adorable doing those shows and I brought her flowers each night!!! I don't think any concerts will top those 3 nights in a row at the Greek theatre. So glad I have those memories!!! I had pit front row seats each night...OMG!!! Cherished memories!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

It is a short one Kathy but it is of Michael and Celine singing together.....know it is not from the shows you are talking about but they did sing together and there is a longer version of the whole song but not, for some reason, showing them together on stage.....whether picture broke up and uploader decided just to put on song but glad they left short version on so that we can see them for, as far as I know, it is the only one on youtube !! :)

http://youtu.be/GuO_p2IacZ0

Thanks Sylvia...that is a great vid and from many many moons ago!! lol Maybe he did sing with her at some of the concerts but not at the Greek Theatre. I am pretty sure she had shorter hair for the Greek series also. Will have to go look at my archives for verification :)))

Kathy and LAFD Bob  

Hi girls, just for the record, the video Sylvia found of Michael and Céline was taken from the Canadian Juno Awards in 1993. Too bad for you all he didn't do a duet with her like he did with Wynona in '98... Man that was fun! Well there you go girls, take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie....I knew that was a different outfit Celine was wearing from the U.S. tour, LOL,,,She wore the same clothes to every show!! Makes it easier than deciding what to wear...eh??? Those were great concerts with Wynona also. I went to a couple of those :) I guess Celine got so busy so quick that Michael wasn't able to arange a recorded duet with her....yet!!!!! One day :))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Watch Adam Lambert Rock Out With Queen in Ukraine
Anyone who is an Adam Lambert or Queen fan will love this!  It's great, Adam performs with Queen
and boy is he good!  There are 7 parts to the videos and they are quite long, I think it's the entire show.......enjoy!!!
Joy
from the Jersey Shore

Thanks Joy and as I love Brian May and always have.....extra special thanks !!!! :)))))))

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service