American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Joy....will take a peek when I have time :))))

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Kathy, I'm sorry for not replying, I didn't see your comment about Michael & Celine til just now...Cherish those memories girl, I know they are great ones!

Did you by chance get to watch "Duets" tonight...OMG Jennifer sang "The Prayer" with one of her guys, it was really great, I had tears in my eyes! It was Beautiful, I just can't think of his name right now! LOL:)!

Talk to you soon!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

No problem Mary....I certainly am guilty of replying late as I catch up!!! I started to watch Duets and then I got distracted and never returned to the show!! Jennifer is so cute!!! I LOVE her personality :)) I am sure she did a beautiful rendition of the song!  

see ya...

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Mary and Kathy, here’s “The prayer” with Jennifer and John Glosson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmaN9J9LnX4

Take care and enjoy! Hugs to both of you, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hey Sylvie, Thanks for finding that for me! I thought they did a Great job! Of course Not as good as our Michael, but it is one of his songs on his "Duets"!!! On another note: Have you All heard that Steven Tyler won't be judging Idol this next season, and my husband said he heard J'Lo & Randy might not be coming back either! OMG, what's up with that?

Have a Great Day!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, my husband heard about  Steven Tyler leaving and frankly, I wasn't particularly attached to J-Lo, but don't take away my Randy! To be honest, I might watch it anyway, because it has my favorite format of talent shows, but I feel they'd need very strong personalities to replace at least the guys. I really don't want to see Randy go! Haven't they done this every year since the 3rd season? Personally, I find the speculations tiresome. Why don't they just tell us when they're settled? Guess we'll find out in January! :D Take care Mary. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie..that was beautiful!!!

About AI....I heard all 3 are leaving :/ I would think Simon Cowell and his new show will be very happy!! I liked all 3 judges for different reasons. I think I will watch just out of curiosity.

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hey Sylvie & Kathy! Don't get me wrong I love this show, but I really did like Steven & Randy (J.Lo) was ok! I liked Paula better! Who will replace them, I wonder? Let me know if you hear anything! Michael could fit in quite nicely! OMG, wouldn't that make Us all Happy?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Mary...I guess we all will be surprised!!! I wonder if the show can handle yet another huge change??? We will soon find out.

Kathy and LAFD Bob

I was not to surprised to hear J Lo was leaving or Steven for that matter, they have very busy lives and other things to make money at.  Although Idol pays VERY well.  Randy will probably stay as long as they keep paying him well.  The latest replacements they say are:
Mariah Carey, Celine Dion and Mary J. Blige.  I heard Charlie Sheen wants to do it! Yikes I hope not!
Mariah and Celine would be great I think.  I read they feel they need younger judges to get younger audiences and bring the ratings back up, which are not so great anymore.  Carrie Underwood, Jennifer Hudson, Adam Lambert, Miley Cyrus were also mentioned. J Lo signed her 2 year contract for $12 million and it helped her image and also did the same thing for Steven. 
Yes, Mary would we all love to see MB on it!
We shall see, I do like Idol and will probably continue to watch it.
Joy

To All of you!  I just read where "Charlie Sheen" wants to be a judge! They will have to check his cup for sure:)! LMBO!!! But I do like him! He did do the Jingles on 2 and a half men!!! LOL! But then iI also read where JLO would like to see "Bon Jovi" take her place....OK, I really like that Pick, on her part! So then I saw where Adam Lambert really would like to be one of the judges! Personally: Michael Bolton is hands down my 1st choice! Think about it, we would get to actually sit in the comforts of our living room and Look, & listen to our MB 2 nights a week, in our jammies:)! I hope you all got a Big Smile just thinking about that for a minute:)! OMG!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi girls, here's my 2 cents worth: I agree with Kathy that I  wonder if A I can handle another huge change. Now Joy, I think you’re right that they need younger judges, but frankly, Mariah is 42, Céline is 44 and Mary J. is 41. They knew what they were doing when they picked the judges for “The voice”... I know nothing but I think Céline would either be too busy or too expensive. JMO I do like the idea of former alumni as judges because they know what the kids are going through and I like the idea of John Bon Jovi also.  I have no idea if Charlie Sheen would be a good judge. As far as our Michael being considered, it’s a beautiful dream, that’s all I can say... :D Take care girls and big hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service