American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8338

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi all, I just wanted to let you know, for those who don’t have enough Xmas CD’s, A I's 2011 winner little Scotty McCreery just released his Xmas album 3 weeks ago called “Christmas with Scotty McCreery”.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/ref=pe_251320_26706540_pe_row4b3/?...

I personally don’t need more Xmas music but just might buy it anyway! Lol The Amazon samples are very nice and he sings one of my absolute favourite Xmas songs “Mary did you know”. Just thought I’d pass it along. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks for information Sylvie but I think I'll wait for Michael's next Christmas one.....no matter how long !!!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvie,

Scotty McCreery's Christmas CD is really nice, also very emotional my Mom also got me this for Xmas. Not sure if it has been mentioned on here or not but his song Christmas in Heaven was also redone and played on our Radio Stations here in honor of the Sandy Hook students, the President of USA talks a little during the song, made me cry.

Kellie

Hi Kellie, thanks a lot for the info about Scotty's song! To my knowledge, it wasn't mentionned here. I'll check out if they have it on YouTube, thanks again for letting us know, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Tonite is American Idol, anyone else watching it? I am...Keith Urban is worth the watch and I love the way he talks!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, I'm watching it right now while catching up with messages. Can't believe that Evan kid with one leg didn't make it through... Woops, it's back on, later! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Mary & Sylvie,

Yes, I was watching also.  I agree Sylvie, Evan was good, and they go to all that expense of making a video about him and make everyone feel sorry for him and then they don't put him through? They have put through many others that were not as good as him. I also liked the girl who went to Camp Mariah when she was younger, she was great.  It was entertaining, but we shall see.  It's getting old.........and I don't like that what's her name Niki Minage? But maybe that's a put on act so ratings will go up!

Joy

NJ

Hey Joy, good to read you here! I'm taping it tonight and will watch it tomorrow. I'm not sure if it's the same girl, but I remember an Angela and an Ashley from CT yesterday  and the girl from the bblueberry farm in NJ. :D I am very glad I don't see Nicky Minnage, but her compassion with the contestants surprised me. There was this guy who was really bad but she turned around the outcome to leave him feeling good, without being, pardon the expression: Paula-ish. I am 1000% for compassion but not babying the contestants. Anyway, we'll see about the season. My husband said we're not sure Nicky and Mariah will survive the season arguing that way... lol I'm sure some of it is for show, since they don't have a Simon-type this year. Take care Joy and thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi ladies...I will have to catch the show next week because I am watching the Lance Armstrong interview with Oprah. See ya all next week :)

Kathy and LAFD

They had some really good peeps tonite...the last one was so Emotional! OMG! I don't want to spoil it, just sayin' get your hankies ready!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Sylvie,

LOL about not "seeing" Nicky Minage!! You aren't missing anything, but fake strangeness! Yes, she was good with the contestants, really seemed to care about them.  I have noticed this year more than last year, they are not making as much fun of the bad ones like they used to years ago. Maybe all the Stop Bullying rules in the schools etc. are making a difference even on the show. 

Talk to you soon!

Joy

NJ

Hi girls, well I was finally able to listen to A I last night. Mary, I really did like the last one: the stutterer who's name was Lazaro, pardon if I'm misspelling. I didn't break out the hanky, but he's the only guy whose voice stood out for me. There are quite a few girls though. I've noticed Randy is a little tougher to woo this year, but I guess with 11 years of experience behind him, that's to be expected. Now Joy, I do think you're right about the making fun of the bad ones and frankly, thank God! I think it's gonna be interesting to see how contestants are directed or criticized in the top 12 process. I wonder how that's gonna go: if they'll get outside help or if  the judges will be mentoring alternately. Girls, let me know if you've spotted a stand-out for you, or if you're waiting for the top 12 to commit to a choice. Take care and hugs to both of you, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service