American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi girls, so has your opinion changed since last week? Also, what do you think of starting with the results of the sing-off from last week? Well personally, I still love Candice for the total performance, loved Angie’s “Yesterday” for her version of it and she has such a pretty voice, but I also enjoyed Amber’s version of “She’s leaving home”. I don’t know what’s going on with the guys though. I know that in my family, it’s unusual not to know certain songs, but not to know the Beatles’ music at all is just strange. Give these kids music history lessons! Lol As far as who I think would go, I’m not sure any guy is really safe. JMO Let me hear what you think girls. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Well Sylvie, I am soooo glad they gave Lazaro another chance, I know he has a stuttering problem but I like the way he sings! I liked that Jolly guy too, but he went bye-bye...LOL! Somebody had to!  I was so impressed with Jessica Sanchez...she is darned good:)! I have a couple that I like, but this year doesn't have as much talent as the other years....JMO:)!

Off to go to the couch for a wee bit! Gotta get up early!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Everyone, I didn't know where to put this, but I just wanted you All to know that "The Voice" in Incredible this year:)! Got some really great sounds coming out on this show...worth a Peek:)! Enjoy!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, I’m sorry sweetie,I don’t watch “The voice” and I didn’t even last through the last season of “The X Factor”. I’m sure that the new judges might bring new viewers in, but not my cup of tea. On the other hand, here in Quebec, they started a French version of it called “La voix” and though I had no intention of watching it, my sister told me about this contestantnamed Etienne Cousineau, so I had to look him up. Check out his audition:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N-scQT5M_c

...and here he is singing “Miss Sarajevo” with another guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8-TKZmNZqA

So now I have to search for his performances on YouTube the next day! Lol I won’t elaborate on it, but you should definitely take a peek, let me know what you think. :D Take care Mary and have fun with your own show. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

I hope you All got to see Idol tonite, cause "Orianti" was rocking it with her guitar:)! I was shocked at 1st, and since she's one of Michael's friends, it made the show sooooo much better:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Mary, sorry I didn't see it, but I heard it! ;D Oh yeah, she rocked it! So any thoughts on who's going home? I hate to say it, but I have a feeling Lazaro will be next... You know, I wasn't crazy about Bernell's solo song, but he really rocked the duet! Still love Candice and I adore Angie's voice. It was cool to hear the alumni coming back for the night and hearing that they're recording. Guess we'll hear even more tomorrow. :D Well anyway, take care Mary and let me know what you think. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Haven't been watching the show....don't even know when on here this season, sorry to admit that folks !!! :(((((

Thought as you are talking about Orianthi being on would put on here a tweet Michael retweeted last night from HSN about her performance.....

HSN@HSN11h

Did you love during the concert? Don't miss her tonight on !

Hey Sylvia & Sylvie....I asked Meg. to send a Tweet out & she replied that Michael had already sent one out:)! She was really rockin' it:)! I'm sure MB watched it just for her, if anything:)! Yippee:)! Sylvie I was soooo Happy Lazaro got to stay in it! He has a great Voice, and I think will inspire others with speech problems:)! They are All Winners at this point! And Sylvia I just knew there was an "H" in her name....dang it, I hate to mis-spell...LOL!

How's your fav. Sylvie?

Mary (M&M's)!

Hi Mary, well you do have a  point about them all being winners at this point, but of course, we all want our favorite to win! :D I was frankly shocked when I heard Candice wasn't in the top 3 tonight, but she was safe so I'm good. :D I'm not sure how comfortable I am with some of the changes on the show, but I guess they're for effect. Mary, what do you think is better for contestants: singing for the save or singing to say goodbye after they've been told they're sent home? I wonder how they feel about that... Did they mention the theme for next week? Well in any case, my faves are still in so I'm happy! Take  care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Hey Sylvie, Shoot I can't remember the theme for next week:)! But those are my favs as well...Candice has got a really strong voice, I think she has a good chance to win! But then there's a couple more...I like as well.. so we will have to see how well they do next week! I think they want to use the save at the End of the show! It's too soon to use it now:)!

Good-nite!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hi Mary, the "save" on A I is only if they feel there's an injustice, like if either Candice, Angie or Cree or however you spell her name was voted off. I liked Bernell's voice, but unfortunately, someone has to go home. He'll still be on the A I tour this summer. I'm sure many of them gain a lot of confidence on tour and move on in their careers afterwards. Well anyway, thanks for sharing Mary, take care sweetie and have a great weekend! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

I did catch Orianthi on AI and both Bob and I said...hey...that's Orianthi...lol  MB is expanding our music world for sure...lol  I don't have a real fav just yet ladies but I am leaning toward Kree :) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service