American Idol 2012-2013 (Season #11 & Season #12)

AMERICAN IDOL 2012 & 2013

Welcome anyone watching Idol who would like to talk about it.

We are continuing this discussion with the current season #12

Join in!

Hi everyone,

I think enough of us are watching American Idol (AI) to make this thread worthwhile. So I am taking Sylvie from Canada's suggestion to move it from New Tour Reviews 2011 and give it it's own thread here in Off Topic. Since tonight starts the top 11 voting, it's getting interesting and a good time to start talking about it.

I have been a fan since it started 10 years ago. Hard to believe it's been on that long, not many TV shows last that long. So to anyone watching: "who is your favorite?"

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Views: 8337

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Sylvie,

I knew someone would start comparing WAMLAW!!!!  How can we all not?  I like Stefano, but not a big fan of his.  He did good with the song, but I didn't like how he would sing in a very high note a few bars, and then go back to his regular key.  It didn't sound right to me.  The judges liked him, but I wasn't crazy about it.  But yes, that is because as far as I am concerned it should only be sung one way...Michael's Way!!

Joy

xx :) xx

Hi Joy, although I don't know about Stefano I agree completely about Michael singing WAMLAW. The only other renditon I liked so far - beside of Percy Sledge - was Michael Grimm's.

Good morning LOL

Astrid

OMG, I can't believe Pia was sent home! I thought she might actually Win the whole Thing!

So I'm thinking out of the box here, but hey maybe Michael was watching and he might want to do

a Duet with her:)! What do you all think? Also: AI should get Michael on there as a Mentor! He'd give them great advice:)!

Just my opinion though!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Mary,

I totally agree!  All I can say now about tonight is:

WTF happened?

Will write more tomorrow...............

Joy

Cannot believe this either.I loved Pia ,i thought she had it in the bag,just goes to show you just can never tell .I think she will get a recording contract though ,how could she not.Also sometimes it pays not to win these shows as we have seen many do better than winners .xx

Hi Joy, as I said in the other thread, I’m too harsh on new singers who sing some of my favorite songs, so it has to sound astounding or very special for me to enjoy it. That’s why I loved Taylor Hicks right away in ’05, because he absolutely nailed “A change is gonna come” in the audition. I don’t think it’s fair to other singers, but I agree WAMLAW should only be done Michael’s way! :D Although I did love Percy Sledge’s version. That song made me cry as a teen, when I couldn’t even understand all the lyrics… Now about Pia, I definitely thought she was the best girl, but sadly, it all comes down to what Randy said: people have to vote for their favorite. Ruben, in the 2nd season had been in the bottom 3 and I think we all agree that it was a complete injustice when Chris Daughtry was voted off. I just don’t get American voting sometimes… I have to say I’m not worried about Pia though: in season 2, the Oliveri girl who was top 11 got a recording contract, plus, Pia will be in the AI tour. I agree with Sharon: I’d certainly buy Pia’s CD before a few other candidates this year. Now Mary, I think  “Gems” is too close to addPia on the album, but I think Michael should mentor on AI and all idols would end up sounding like “Michael Bolton angels”! lol Sorry, I watched the “School of Michael Bolton” last night… :D Take care girls. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

That "School of Michael Bolton" is wonderful - it is absolutely hilarious from start to finish.....Michael's expression throughout is one of "DEAD PAN" exaggerated seriousness and the children's faces are just pictures of total bewilderment....the children are really wonderful in it, they really are....there is one little girl where he pushes her over in the seat and you really do feel that she stood up just in time before she landed on the floor and the look she draws him - oh boy !! lol.  Watch it over and over as I laugh every time !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Hi all....I finally followed the traffic rules and am here to say...WTF??????..... Pia voted off?????? I was hoping to see her in at least the top 3!!!!!

"Syls Duo" it was sooooo much fun watching the school of Michael at the Jimmy Kimmel Show!!! I did cringe though thinking all the critics would take it too serious and repeat the skit as fact. You know how they are!!!!

Each week will be difficult on AI because they all are so good but certainly a few could have gone before Pia. She reminds me of a younger Celine Dion with her voice :) Maybe the "younger" crowd thought that was too "old" for them. She will certainly succeed much more than most of the others!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Sharon & Sylvie,

Yes, I agree, Pia will not have any problems.  She will go on tour, still be a favorite and get a recording contract after her year commitment with AI.  It's happen to many before.  I am just so mad about it, just like I was when Latoya London and Daughtry got voted off so early.  It makes me want to stop watching!  (But I know I won't!)  I still love Lauren & Scotty and next I like James & Casey. 

Well, many weeks ahead of us to watch the excitment.............good or bad.

Joy

The "School Of Michael Bolton"! Somebody clue me in to what this is. I am clueless of course!

But I'd like to see what it is you all are talking about, it sounds like I missed something:)!

OK, the question is who will go home next week?

Mary (Meg's mom)!

HI MARY!  THE "SCHOOL OF MICHAEL BOLTON' IS A SKIT MICHAEL DID ON THE JIMMY KIMMEL LIVE SHOW  LAST YEAR   IT IS ABOUT MICHAEL TEACHING THREE CHILDREN TO SING THE MICHAEL BOLTON WAY  IT IS HILARIOUS  HERE IS A LINK TO THE VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R21izMZUw

AS FOR WHO WILL GO HOME NEXT ON AMERICAN IDOL  I DON'T REALLY CARE  I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE THEY VOTED OFF PIA  SHE WAS THE BEST ONE THERE  I WAS HOPING SHE WOULD AT LEAST MAKE IT TO THE FINALS   I AM NOT WORRIED ABOUT PIA  SHE HAS A GOOD VOICE AND WILL DO WELL IN THE FUTURE

GLORIA 

Gloria,

Thanks for the link, haven't seen that in a while LOL!  What I found interesting was the comments below the video. 

Most were positive (see below)

Joy

I didn´t know he was so funny!! :-D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service