Out of all of Michael's amazing songs he has ever sang/wrote

Which one is your favourite and why?

Views: 8724

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Sylvia, you have that in common with Robin R, if you can believe that! It's her favorite aria off "My secret passion". Would you like to share why it's been your favorite for so long? That would be interesting. Well anyway, thanks for sharing, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Simply because I grew up with it Sylvie......we had an old 78 of it and it got played regularly and I even got to turn the handle to get that old Masters Voice going !! :)))  It was much the same way that I came to know Mario Lanza and Richard Tauber and them all......beautiful memories !!! :)))    BTW I still have a lot of those 78's !!!! LOL.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

That song that's my favorite of of My Secret Passion, just the notes, musical arrangements&, of course, his voice. that can really nake me sob. I know one thing when I saw Michael 9/8/01, in Atlanta Georgia, I sobbed not expecting to hear it. A least  I didn't cry loud but the tears. Wow! Rivers! Boltonnut from L. A. CA

Sajna's one of my favorite songs off of Gems but Field of Gold & To make mwe Feel your Love are my two ultimate favorites off the CD. Kristin, about When a Man Loves  A Woman, longevity isn't the answer. It's when one becomes a fan & though you may not have been a fan of Michael's for real long, it's all good. Welcome & enjoy the ride of being a Bolton fan as we're all flying high. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Oh Sylvia, this is too much of a sweet memory for me to tease you about your age! lol One thing though: you said you loved the song, but who's version is part of your early memories? Just curious. BTW, do you still have something to play the 78's? Recently, I was at a thrift shop that had one of those big wooden encased stereo/turntables that could play 78's, 45's, 33's and even 16's! I thought: 16? I  never new there was such a thing! The things you find at thrift stores... Well anyway, thank you for sharing Sylvia, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

It was Mario Lanza's version that we had Sylvie of M'appari !!    You have got to remember that I was just a wee, wee girl when I turned that handle on the Master's Voice for I was that small my dad used to have to lift me up so that I could reach the handle...cough, cough, cough !!!! lol.   Yeah, just like the nights we used to dance to the records too .....I was some dancer especially standing on my dad's feet !!!! LOL.   I don't have a turntable that plays 78's anymore that is why they are still all packed and lying in a cupboard and like you I don't remember 16's either !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Ah! Ha! Behind in responses but I remember the speed 16 on record players. i remember the floor model Hi Fiwith radio--floor models. Yes ma'm. & they had as I'd say serious heart attack bass on them too. Woo Hoo. Mario Lanza. Wow! He died so young & I understand he took his life at what 35? Wow! Boltonnut from L. A. CA I'm datin' back i'd say on 16. :)) 

OMG Robin, do you remember what size the 16 records were? Just curious. Sweetie, Mario Lanza didn’t actually commit suicide: he just abused his body with overeating and drinking and that took its toll. He actually died of a pulmonary embolism at 37, you were close on that one though! :D Wow, off topic, aren’t we? Lol Take care sweetie and thanks for sharing. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Well, oddly enough, speed 16 records were various sizes but album size at least. Oh, that's right about mario Lanza's abusing his body with substance abuse & such. Thanks for correcting me there. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA

Hey Robin, thanks for the history lesson! :D Take care sweetie. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

You're welcome, girlfriend. Sylvie, I don't know if you had these or not because in school, you may have had right good vision but they used to have what is known as talking books where the books came on records to read audibly. The records were I think 33 & a third size, brailled so you'd know what the book was & no doubt it was in print. they were heavy suckers especially if the books were on multiple disks like Gone with the Wind. Sorry BB'S being off topic here. I should have sent Sylvie a private message but when she was talking about speed 16, & I think the books were on that speed if memory serves me. Boltonnut from L. A. CA USA & then, the Braille books. Needed strong backs to carry those as well but they worked. I know. I'm back in prehistoric time here. :)

I love most of his songs, they listen to me brings special comfort to the soul. But if I had to choose only one, it would be When I'm back on my feet again. I would also like to know, why not have Michael sing at all. Can someone tell me why?

Thanks

Marie from Prague

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service