Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it's awesome for those that are going to the concert 2/26 in York PA. If I were living in MD like I used to, I'd be going. An honor for you girls to be there on Michael's birthday. Wouldn't it be cool if Amie presented the gift to Michael @ the show but I understand if she couldn't. Travel safely girls. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Sylvie, I need Amie's address to send a square too. If she's ok with you giving it to me..I appreciate it Amie and Sylvie!

Robin in MD:)

Hey Robin, I've just sent you a PM. Take care and have a great weekend. :D Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie, I have it!!

Robin in MD:)

H i Eileen and what we have been discussing is ideas of what to do for Michael for his 60th birthday next year and one thing that has found unanimous approval is for donations to be made to MBC.  Andrena has agreed that she will make special provision for donations that are made for MB's birthday in that she is asking people who donate to let her know, by e-mail, that it is for Michael and she will keep a note of everyone who donates and give that to him on his birthday.   A few people have come in with suggestions for something else and one that has so far found favour with some of us is for Amie to make a wall hanging and what we are doing is producing squares of any design you want but making them personal to you and putting your name on them, whether just signing them and wishing him a Happy Birthday or whatever you want and initially it was agreed that each square would be 4" x 4" and Amie will stitch them together.  Amie is going to the concert on Michael's birthday and would hope to be able to give it to him then but if not she lives not far from Michael and hopefully some arrangement could made whereby she could drop it off at the house.  

The thread is still obviously open for suggestions....well I think it is but it is Sylvie's thread so up to her what happens.....but I would say if you can think of something you consider appropriate, share with us !! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Ok...I have been in contact with Michael's staff and here is what they feel Michael would like best for his birthday.  Donations right now to the Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/ for Sandy victims first, to his own charity, Michael Bolton Charities (which we have already discussed).  If you decide to donate to the Red Cross, then email me at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and where you are from and I'll add those names to the names Andrena is getting for the MBC donations.

They feel he would love the quilt with the squares since it is personally from his fans here.  Amie is going to contact me when it is finished to work out delivery of it.  

Thanks Gail. Sounds great!!
Robin in MD. :)

Hi Gail and thanks for information but have to let you know that outside of the US you cannot donate to the Red Cross through that disaster fund page as it requires details of State, etc.

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

I understand Sylvia....then those would need to go with MBC if they are donating.  Gail

Thanks for all the info, Gail. Still have to decide on my swatch and I am not real artsy craftsy but I will do my best. Very nice of you Mary and Sylvia to come up with the idea for Ashley's swatch and great idea with the photo as a part if it, sweet, sweet, sweet ideas, ladies.

Hugs,

Kathy T. ;-)

Great Gail.....that sounds like everyone should be able to give Michael their birthday wishes in a way that suits them best!!! We will all get right on it!!!! 
Kathy an dLAFD Bob

Yes, Gail - At present I do aim to go to York on MB's BD.  However, I'm also aware that it's winter, and driving conditions, etc, can go haywire in a heartbeat in this part of the country.  E.g. we were NOT supposed to get snow with that Nor'easter which followed on the heels of Sandy, and sure enough got 3-4".  Arggh!  But I live about 5 minutes from MB's (10 or so if I bothered to walk!), so back-up plan to deliver right here. If you can assist in arranging an ok to deliver it to his place as our back-up plan, that would be appreciated.  It's not as if I would ever just walk up to his gate & buzz!

I'll take some pics of the wallhanging, etc, to post, too.  Many thanks, Gail.  Cheers, Amie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service