Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Robin in MD, good luck on achieving exactly what you want to do and don't worry: less is more! :D Take care Robin and have fun! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

I wish everyone well with their little projects here&the quilt&list is getting longer & longer. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Hey Robin R, just to let you know I've started on our squares and I'll let you know when they're done, okay? Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Ok Sylvie. Thanks ever so much as I can't even sew worth a darn. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Can't sew?  LOL!  Glue works.  So do markers, textile paints, yada-yada.  I'm sewing this together & still trying to figure out what I want to do with my square.

Wishing all here the Happiest New Year ever for 2013.  And above all, may 2013 be Our Main Man's happiest year ever, too.  Cheers, Amie

Will soon have mine in the mail to you Amie.. I will PM you when it's on the way. I have to do the gluing part yet..It's actually been fun putting it together and I didn't think I'd be able to come up with anything. Just hope my square is ok with all the others..

YES wishing all of us a fantastic MB year in 2013 and it's going to be a great one for MB, so many fun things happening for him!!!!

Robin in MD:)

Hi Amie,

I am interested in getting involved with this project, it sounds great and I have been catching up with this thread. Now I have time to get creative and think about what I want my square to be.  Thank you so much for doing this.  I know you suffered with hurricane Sandy like me so you really deserve praise for being able to handle this also.  I will be in touch with you about any details.

Joy in NJ

HAPPY NEW YEAR AMIE!  WILL BE STARTING MY SQUARE THIS WEEKEND  I AM NOT VERY CRAFTY AND CANNOT SEW IT WILL BE VERY SIMPLE  WILL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU FOR YOUR ADDRESS THANKS FOR DOING THIS

GLORIA

Sorry, RobinR, Sylvie just clued me in.  Glad she's helping you out.  But lots of people can't sew worth a darn either!  Doesn't matter at all.  Cheers, Amie

I know folks who are totally blind & their knitting & crocheting&even sewing is awesome. I'm just one of those who can't sew worth a hoot. Embarrassed& shy about it & all but oh! well! One of my weaknesses, I suppose & thanks, once again, Sylvie for helping me. I'm not too creative when it comes to things like this. I'm sitting here blushing & embarrassed but, oh! well! Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR ROBIN R! I CANNOT SEW, KNIT OR CROCHET EITHER  IT IS NOTHING TO BE EMBARRASSED ABOUT  MY SQUARE WILL BE VERY SIMPLE  JUST A FEW WORDS WITH MARKER AND MY SIGNATURE  IT IS THE BEST I CAN DO I KNOW MB WILL LOVE IT NO MATTER WHAT

GLORIA

Hi Sylvie,

I did not want any more time to go by , before I wished you a very Happy Holiday. Hope you have an enjoyable time. 

All is good here at home. I have a chance to see Michael in Feb, on the 14th Valentine day. I hope I can make it. I actually miss him, and I am sorry that I did not shake his hand when I had the perfect opportunity. But I was scared. Next time I am going to go for it. Michael's birthday gifts all under control ?

I am done with shopping, wrapping and almost have the holiday all planned out. I will be seeing my oldest son in Syracuse, New York. We have family there. One more week, than I am off of work until Jan 2 or 3rd. The job is wonderful. I couldn't have thought it up my self. Everyone has been in good health, the kids had very good school progress reports. Paul has been traveling more , now that Bill has retired, but I am managing well. No snow , but they said a storm is suppose to come in by Wednesday. 

You know I still cant figure out how to send one message to all my friends here. I used to know.

Hope your doing well. Your the dearest for thinking of Michael and gathering ideas for his birthday. 

Glade to hear from you and to stay in touch. 

Love and the merriest Holiday season.

Sharonrose............. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service