Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool seeing you up here Missy. This is just totally neat all we're doing for Michael's birthday. I'd love to hear his reaction. Folks, when all is said, & done, descriptions, please? Thanks. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Good Morning Everyone,

It's been a long time since I have posted here for many different reasons that really don't matter anymore---hopefully!!!   ANYWAY.  I am hoping to be bringing a cake to the concert for Michaels birthday.  I just have to get it set on what I really want to have on the cake.  I have some ideas for this, but if anyone would like to share their thoughts, I would love to hear them.

Also, I would love to be included in the wall art project.  I have my square almost ready.  I just need to sign it and I need to know where to send it.  As soon as I can get that address, it will be on it's way.  I also would love to have a picture of the finished product.  This is very exciting!!!

I am also going to be at the NJ book signing tomorrow if anyone would like to share their cake ideas with me there.

Thanks,

Tami

Hi Tami - glad to hear you're joining the fans making squares for his birthday wallhanging.  I promised to take pics of the finished wallhanging, and get some of him opening his gift.  I'll figure out how to post the pics on this forum!  For the address, friend Sylvie Boisvert or myself.  Or some others have already sent squares, so they have the mailing address, if any of them are already on your "friends" list.  Even though it is a company post office box instead of a personal or home address, I hesitate to post such things "in the open," so to speak.  I'm sure you understand.  But fans here are welcome to pass it on friend to friend as needed.  Glad to have you with so many people who appreciate Michael & his music.  Best, Amie

Hi Tami, since I don't remember you being on this site, I'll welcome yu to the forum: thanks for joining in the project! I've sent you a friend request, so I can PM you Amie's address, because she doesn't want to just put it out on the forum. If you don't want to keep a bunch of "friends" on the forum, you could remove me later. I'm glad you were able to keep an eye on things, even if you haven't been posting. :D I think we're all anxious to have an idea of what the finished product looks like. I just hope Michael will have a picture of himself taken with it... :D Anyway, the deadline for the project is almost here so I'm glad to hear you're almost done. Take care Tami and thanks again! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Thank you so much for the welcome, Sylvie.  Like I said, it was some time ago that I was active.  I have always been watching the posts though.  And I am so glad to see so many fans involved in things like this project.  I just shows how loved he is.  As for keeping you as a friend on the forum, you know what they say---You Can't Have Too Many Friends.  I think that you are right about the picture too.  Would be nice to see a picture of him with the finished product.

Anyway, thanks again for the welcome and I hope to stay in touch more often now.

Thanks,

Tami

Hi again Tami, well, I know this is an extraordinary situation and Amie and I don’t want to force people to be our friends, that’s why I mention the option. :D You know, even if some of us have sent cards and packages over the years, it’s so rare that we can have proof that Michael would acknowledge something that we’ve made or bought ourselves and put in the mail for him. I guess it’s a remote way of giving him  a “world  hug”... :D You’re very welcome for the welcome sweetie and I’ll look forward to reading you more often. If you have any questions about the site, let us know and we’ll direct you as best we can. I’ve been on the forum since the Beta site, but we’re a friendly bunch here so you wouldn’t have any trouble getting help or directions if needed. Take care Tami and thanks again. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Hi Tami and great to hear your coming on board for this wall hanging and by the sounds of things, with the number that appear to be taking part, hope Michael's ceilings are high because he'll need a long wall for it !!!! LOL    Amie did say that when she has it finished she will take a picture of it and post on here but think the idea of getting a picture of Michael with it is a fantastic one and wonder how we can get that idea in his mind !!! lol.

Hope you have a great time at the book signing and come back in and let us know how that went !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Welcome Tami or should I say...welcome back!! We have many Bolton Adventures on the horizon so I hope you come back and read often and post as you like :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Tami,

I will be at the signing also.  Look for me, would love to meet you!

Joy

NJ

Have fun Joy. I will be going to the Ct concert after all. 

Good seeing you out here Tammi. Like the way you spell your name there. Awesome this wall hanging is coming along & oh! so! totally successful. Yawl have fun in NJ&awesome to the girl going to the concert in CT. Boltonnut from L. A. CA who loves life & Michael Bolton :)

Sharon,

Thanks! Great that you are going to the CT show! Have a blast there!

So much good things going no.............love it!

Joy

NJ

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service