Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Arnie,

I didn't get a private message and I don't know how to look on my page (not really sure what that is).  Am I missing something?  Please help me!!!

Also, I would be glad to deliver the wall hanging if you want me to.  Although, I am sure that you would rather deliver it in person.  If you need me to, I would be glad to help.  Just let me know.

Thanks,

Tami

Tami, I sent Amie a private message about this situation already.. If you can handle the cake that's terrific.  Not heard back from her yet.

Thanks

Robin in MD :)

It seems each of us on here have a Comment Wall - plug in the name & up pops your "page."  There's also private messaging, but apparently you have to be "friends" to PM.  Anyway, doesn't matter.  Got your square!

As for delivery, I suggested from the beginning that, living in Westport, if any fallback position was needed for delivery in case I couldn't get to York or blizzard or whatever, I could get it to his place.  Shipping it is going to be expensive - it's big, bulky!  Not likely to fit in a gift bag - I'm looking for a b-i-g box & lots of wrapping paper.  Someone else has also volunteered to take it.  Also with allowing shipping time to get to somebody in time for them to head to the concert could be dicey as I still have a lot of work on it.  "Four inches" seems to have been a bit of a challenge, so I'm piecing "oddball sizes" to backing so I can run it all up together.  Not quite as easy as my Christmas quilt! 

Still totally bummed about being unable to go to York as planned.  I'd been thinking of "fallback" more as "in case of blizzard," cancellation, that sort of thing.  It's going to be such a great event, and I'm itching to see that cake!  And MB's face when he sees it!  But I've hit a "perfect storm" of factors preventing the trip.  I was so looking forward to it, but can't be helped.

Anyway, got your square & working it in with all the rest of them.  Cheers - and regards to everyone - Amie

Amie we are friends on here so you should be able to read my private message to you. Please get back with me when you can. 

Thanks a bunch.

Robin in MD :)

Hi Tami, FYI, you can find your profile page when you click on your name/avatar picture. I suggest you explore it. To send a PM or private message, you click on “send a message” when you’re friends with someone. You have sent me a couple of messages (PM) already. Finding your in-box to retrieve PMs is a bit more complicated if you don’t have “in-box” on your profile page and hopefully, someone can help you with that. Take care Tami and good luck. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

Yeah, Kelly&everyone. I'm truly frightened of dogs. But I had to laugh. in what you said.

Aw! Aimie, I' sorry you're unable to go to the concert in York but I certainly can understand & your fall back sound ok to me, girl. &for the cost of the cake, let me know how much to pay towards. I wish I could go but being out west, it's quite a distance & that green stuff called moola. :) But for those going, enjoy&have fun for all of us. I'm off course here a little but I celebrated his birthday the 11th.

Also, with a heavy heart for you Amie, I'm sure you purchased a ticket for the show, right? Wow! & they're nonrefundable. My heart goes out to you. AW.

Hope you aren't having too much work to do Amie for it sounds frightening to me for I could always knit and crochet but sewing ....OMG I have trouble with a button and I don't know how many times I stabbed myself with the needle trying to sew on those little button thingys on the squares...oh boy you should have seen that and heard it too; air was blue a few times !!! lol.  Must say though that as you are having all the work to do, plus buying the extra bits and pieces that are and have been necessary for the wall hanging, I for one vote you and no one else, to take it to Michael and as you can't get to concert then, as you say, Plan B comes into effect and that was agreed right at the beginning when you said you would do wall hanging on our behalf.   Good luck Amie and what I was thinking about for box was if you had a store near you that dealt in window blinds that they may have a large enough and long enough box to do....just a thought !!! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

LOL!  Blue air!  Actually, putting all this together has turned out to bear very slim resemblance to making my Christmas quilt.  It's more like building a car with bubble gum & baling wire after turning out each component part by hand!

Gonna try to take a pic of at least a small section of it tomorrow & then figure out how to upload the photo on here.  I know people are antsy to see at least something of all this.

In tribute to Michael's efforts on behalf of those affected by Hurricane Sandy, the backing fabric is actually a Red Cross blanket from the Red Cross emergency shelter during Hurricane Sandy last October at Long Lots School in Westport, CT, Michael's own hometown.  So, you can imagine the whole thing is quite big, does not fold up well, and is loaded with fussy-bits, glue, pins, stick-ums, and stitching.  Thanks for all your contributions.  They're going across right under the "Happy 60th Michael."  Down at the bottom is "From your fans."  All the letters had to be drawn out on graph paper, then snipped (try getting centers out of letter "O's" - so much fun).  The lettering is all felt appliques, each letter glued in place.  Very far cry from exact little squares you can just run together on the machine into strips of patches, then stitch the rows of patches together.

"Big" = bigger than the dining table which seats 10 at the house where I'm housesitting right now.

But so far, no blue air around here! 

Cheers - and best regards!  Amie

OMG Amie, I don't know anything but does the blanket say: "Red Cross"? If so, that was a brilliant idea! Thanks for the update sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada

No, it doesn't say anything on it.  Red Cross does not provide pricy blankets for emergency storm shelter use!  Plain gray - actually a good background to show off all the colorful squares & everything.  But MB did a lot in support of post-Sandy - concerts & stuff.  So it kinda seemed a nice idea to use one of the Red Cross blankets in tribute for his work.  I know some people are contributing to MB Charities & Red Cross for Sandy Relief, so this blankie just felt right to be part of his personal wallhanging.  So I hope the sentiment is there to help make this wallhanging special for him.

Fingers gave out, so tomorrow will try to photo a small section.  Don't know if MB ever reads his own site, so I certainly would never want to "give it all away" in advance!  (Besides, it isn't all finished yet.)  Surprises are nice!  But so many people contributed, and I know they are anxious to see this all comes together for him.

Best to all, Amie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service