Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did I miss something?  Did Amie have a set date yet?  I don't remember reading an actual date this was happening yet.

I hope she got lots of pictures before she packed it all up.  We want to see our own little patches and the whole thing.

Please Amie, let us know what's going on! We all can't wait!! And once again, thank you sooooo much for doing this and hope you get to see MB. Or at least meet Taryn and get to step foot in the beautiful house!!

Joy

NJ

Yup, Joy, you missed something I posted somewhere in here a week or so ago - delivery was arranged through Gail for Monday afternoon.  3/11 - 4 pm.  I even started taking a photography class to help me take, process & upload photos to post for everybody here.  Great unveiling on Monday.  Can't believe the date has crept up on me already.

I'm coming unglued!  Yes, I have glue on my hands, my sweater (that's going in the trash - LOL!), and what-all else, and am peeling.  Does not wash off in the shower, even with a pouf and intense scrubadub-dub.  I'm a bit of a mess, but the wallhanging is turning out kinda nifty!  Hope he likes it!

Cheers, Amie

Amie,

Oh that's great! So exciting, and he is not touring right now.  Since he's near NY doing all those TV appearances, maybe he might be home!! Hope so for you! Bring your camera!

Joy ;)

NJ

Hi Amie,

Big day is almost here. Very exciting and look forward to hearing all about it. Have fun!!!!

Hugs,

Kathy T. :-)

Great to know it is Monday but sorry Amie we didn't miss anything for you do not say what day or time you only say arrangements had been made through Gail for you to deliver wall hanging and for you to give it to one of his daughters and that you are thinking it will be Taryn....nothing else !!

Hope you have a good time meeting with her and that you do get some pictures for us !! :)   Thanks again for doing all you have done !! :)

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

I don't remember seeing a date for delivery posted either but I could have missed it.. I am glad this will be received by MB's daughter soon.  I hope we get to see some photos of the hanging too.  Good luck Amie!

Robin in MD:)

Sorry all, if I neglected to mention date-time here on this thread.  I knew I posted it - but apparently mentioned precise date & time on some people's walls and/or private messages, and only mentioned on this thread that arrangements had been made for delivery.  Oops!  Sorry for the confusion.

Anyway, back to my sewing machine, glue, and all.  Yes, camera, too, wrapping paper, ribbon, et alia.  Yikes!

Best to all, Amie

Hey Amie, I bet you are nervous as all get out....I mean you are going to the "Pretty House" and there is a possibility of meeting Michael...and if not, you do get to meet one of his daughters....I bet you won't sleep a wink...but at least get some rest:)! It's gonna be a Big day for you....hope you do get stuck on him:)! LMBO:)!

Hurry back and tell Us all about your adventure:)! Have a Blast!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Hey Amie, I did get an answer back from you on the delivery date...you are so busy that maybe it was just a little oopsy...don't worry we know you have been working hard:)! About the Glue, IDK if this will work but call a hardware store and ask them if this stuff called "Gunk" (I think) will help! Or did you try nail polish remover? Something"s gotta work...or you might get stuck on Michael:)! LMBO:)!

Only (1) more day...Hip..Hip...Hooray! You go girl! Have a nice visit! Gets some good pix..and come back soon:)!

Mary (meg's mom)!

Yeah, I could get stuck on Michael.  LOL!  Cheers, Amie

This is so very exciting. Almost  like being with Michael very personally.

Hi Amie,

Well today is the big day little lady! I want to wish you a very grand time, and calm down, for you don't want nervousness to get in the way of your presentation. Hopefully Michael will be there, and you must tell him what fun we have had in making this happen. Give him a big hug for me, if he is there, and if not, hug those two grandbabies for me and give our love to Taryn.

Have Fun!

Kellie 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service