Hi everyone, well this is my first attempt at starting a discussion so hope I’m doing this right... :D . A couple of weeks ago, I asked Gail when she thought would be a proper time to start thinking of what we fans want to do for our Michael’s 60th birthday. She said she was out of ideas, but suggested I’d start a thread asking fans for suggestions. I figure we have exactly 4 months, starting today,  to come up with something fun and get mobilised to achieve it. I’m no organizer, I just thought we could share ideas so let’s put our heads together and see what we can come up with! :D Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada J

*The 2 most popular suggestions so far are:

- individual donations to michaelboltoncharities.com, mentionning they are made in honor of Michael’s birthday, of any amount you feel comfortable with.

-a collective wall-hanging made from personalized fabric squares sent by fans that will be stitched together. The 4 inch/10 cm squares (with small blank margin) only need have your signature and location but can be crafty as you are able. For

more info, ask here, or PM either me, or Amie Angeli who will be doing the stitching and presenting the finished product to our Michael.

**Note: The final deadline for recieving fabric squares is February 15th, so you don't have much time left. :D

**It would also mean a lot to Michael if fans donate to the Red Cross for victims of hurricane Sandy at:

www.redcross.org/

then E-mail Gail at boltoninfo@aol.com with your name and location, so she can add  them to the MBC donors list.

**If you feel strongly about sending Michael a card or personal gift, you may send it to:

Michael Bolton

c/o Michael Bolton Charities

P.O. Box 936

Branford, CT 06405

U.S.A.

*Note that the deadline for recieving cards and presents is February 20th 2013, whether you send them to either Gail or Michael Bolton Charities.

Views: 16927

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Amie,
Yes I feel like I have been missing a lot here!  Trying to catch up best I can.  I have just been so busy with working every day, and doing my daughter's baby shower.  It was this past Sunday and it went off great! But a lot of work and stress on me.  Actually I do love doing this kind of thing, but it is stressful. I will pm a few of you with some pics and details.

I was thinking about my Jersey Shore area, surrounding towns near me, within 8 miles we also have many famous people living here. Bruce Springsteen, Bon Jovi, Queen Latifah, Connie Chung, Maury Povich, Geraldo Riveria, Deborah Harry,Jon Stewart. I just have never seen any of them around. Except I may have mentioned when I was in high school Bruce used to play in a garage band that would play in the local teen clubs.  I did see him all the time, way way before he was famous! I never actually knew him, I just knew his name and he was the guitar player. (Not the lead singer even!) My daughter did see Deborah Harry (Blondie) shopping in Joann's Fabric store when she worked there years ago!
Glad to be back here!
Joy ;)
NJ

Hi Joy!  Glad to see you on here again.

No, I've never asked anyone for an autograph (no, not ever!), although I've gotten signed books (used to have a great collection, but they're all gone now), and I sign books.  Westporters are kinda cool (maybe that's why I've lived here longer than anywhere else).  Not unusual to see Paul Newman (before he became ill & passed on), Joanne Woodward, and who-all running around town.  Martha Stewart is gone (nobody mourns any loss there, she was bad press for the town), but used to see her around.  You kinda get used to seeing celebs from time to time, but just never bother them or interrupt whatever they're doing or anything - and too busy tending to your own To Do List, etc, to interrupt yourself!

Well, The Maestro has returned, I got the house & all ship-shape just in time.  And tomorrow morning I'm off!

Stay well & happy - Amie

No, I sent a note to find out just a few days ago but so far haven't heard back.  As soon as I hear I will let you know..promise!! Gail

Mary, Tom has not had surgery yet.   He was seeing another doctor the other day because he was to have more tests done first.

On wall hanging I should just like to say that I would be surprised if Michael hasn't seen but also because of the amount of birthday gifts he must have received for, I am pretty sure, we here on the forum were not the only ones to send him gifts, the two videos he made thanking everyone were far, far more than sufficient for me to know and accept the pleasure he got from what his fans sent him in recognition of his birthday and those thank yous that he sent  certainly included the wall hanging and donations to MBC.....JMO but I most assuredly do not need another "thank you" !!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvia, I'm not sure people are looking for "thanks" or recognition so much as mere confirmation that it all did not get lost in the shuffle despite the unfortunate last-minute change in plans when I could not get to York to deliver.  Don't think many people are all that needy for ego-strokes that anyone would expect a video, gushing thanks, etc.  Tho that would be exciting, certainly, doubt anyone expects him to go to much trouble when he's so very busy, on the road, etc.  His staff could take & post a pic or something so we can see he got it, that's all.  He does have a lot of staff taking care of him.

I feel really bad that I could not get to York at the last minute, feel like I let everybody down after they put in so much effort.  Not knowing whether he ever got it or not - maybe the bin got shuffled off to a corner, Taryn's overloaded-busy & maybe she handed off to staff or something, who knows?  It's nearly 3 months since delivery, and I feel horrible about letting people down.  If anyone can confirm MB got it all, that's all. . .

Best regards, Amie

Ok...I've rechecked and Michael did get the quilt and Taryn apologizes for not getting the picture she promised and is going to try next time he is home.  She said the only time he has been home since the quilt was given to him everyone in her family was sick and she totally forgot and she apologizes.  I've asked her what he said and responded to it and waiting for that answer.  Gail

Whoooh!  What a relief to know he got the wallhanging & everything.  Hope he enjoys it, but mainly glad to know it made through to him.  Thanks for following up & letting us know, Gail.  Cheers, Amie

Hey Amie, Doing the Happy dance w/you! Mission accomplished:)! Thanks for all of your hard work!

Mary (Meg's mom)!

Hi Gail, thanks for the update, much appreciated, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie Qc Canada :D

Thanks for the update.   No need for Taryn to apologize. She's got a young family to take care of and that's priority.   Sweet of her to get pictures the next time he's home.  '

Robin in MD :)

Thanks for the update Gail. Funny enough...I just posted asking Aimee if she could post the photos she took of the wall hanging delivery..lol  So it seems we all are busy and we shall patiently wait for photos :) Heaven knows I owe postings of concert photos!!! Oy vey...it's a disease!!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob 

Thanks Gail,

Glad to hear that it was received by him and hope that Taryn and family are doing well now.

Take Care,

Kellie

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service