One of my favourite

Views: 99996

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Came across these in my saved pictures on my computer that I found online one day.

Michael with his daughters...........

First one is Michael with Holly, second one is Michael with Isa.

Hope these links work, I couldn't get the pictures to show up on the page.

Joy

from the Jersey Shore

Attachments:

Yes Jersey the links are working ;)

Love the pictures. I remember the one with Isa that is a copple off years ago the one with Holly I never seen it before but also a great one.

lots of love Jacqueline

I remember reading that article in Life magazine. Crikey, that was a long time ago.

I think the one of Isa and Michael was taken at a wedding that Michael attended last year.

I found a couple of articles on line a while ago and forgot to post them.

I've attached them here as files, but for the benefit of Robin and Sylvie, I will post the text in a new post.

Love Jennifer XX

Attachments:

This first article is from a personal blog page and was written by a lady called Mandy Bierly on 26th February 2007

There is a photo of Michael standing inbetween Mandy's Mum and her best friend Susan.

Michael Bolton turns 54 today, and my present to him is my attempt to prove to all of you that he doesn’t suck. During a Stupid Questions interview two years ago, he agreed to call my mother, Joyce, who’d confessed to me the night before that she’d seen him live and found his performance “sensual” and ”mesmerizing.” He agreed even though moments earlier, I’d made him feel “completely self-conscious” by asking how he always knew exactly how many buttons to undo on his shirt for “maximum hotness.” He said he was just going to wear turtlenecks from now on. We decided to make that my mother’s call…
Michael: You probably told her you were doing this.
Mandi: No, this is the thing: I told her I’d call her after the interview to tell her how great you were, but she has no idea you’ll be on the phone.
Michael: Let’s see if she can figure it out.
[Phone rings]
Joyce: Hello, Bierlys.
Michael: Joyce?
Joyce: Yes. [Thinking it's a telemarketer, she almost hangs up]
Michael: Joyce, I’ve been speaking to your daughter Mandi.
Joyce: Uh huh.
Michael: And she said, I don’t know if this is true or not, but she said that you have some kind of fond memories of me.
Joyce: Oh my god, is this Michael Bolton!?!
Michael: Uh huh.
Joyce: [Now breathless] Oh my gosh. Yes, I do, very much.
Michael: When did you come and see us?
Joyce: I believe it was a Christmas show that you did inWilliamsport, Pennsylvania. I think it was a year-and-a-half or two years ago, and what I remember most was you closed with an operatic selection.
Michael: Isn’t that funny? So you remember the Italian.
Joyce: Yes, well among other things, but that surprised me because I was surprised that you would be singing something like that in the quality that you did. It was really beautiful.
Michael: Wow, I want you to tell your daughter that.
Mandi: Mom, why don’t you tell him about calling him “sensual” and “mesmerizing,” that would be fun.
Michael: That whole thing happened because I was invited to sing with Pavarotti, and I had to study because I was singing in front of 15,000 Italians and then who ever watched it on TV. Millions of people. I started working with a coach, and he said, “Oh, this is easy for you. You’re a tenor.” I never even thought of myself as a tenor. And I started studying, and then I fell in love with some of that music and the one you’re talking about is “Nessun Dorma.”
Joyce: Yes. Yes.
Michael: Which brings down the house. It doesn’t matter how many hits you perform before it or after it, it steals the show every night.
Joyce: It was just beautiful. But “When a Man Loves a Woman” is still my favorite.
Michael: Really?
Joyce: And I did say “sensual” and “mesmerizing,” very much so.
Michael: “Mesmerizing!” The critics have spoken. “Mesmerizing!”
Joyce: That’s right.
Michael: Thank you very much. Where’s home base?
Joyce: Home base for me is Bellefonte, Pennsylvania. Well, since I have you on…
Mandi: What are you doing, Mother?
Joyce: I would like to know if I could get an autographed picture.
Michael: I’ll hook it up through Mandi. Absolutely.
Joyce: Oh gosh, I appreciate this so much. Now our oldest daughter saw you—
Mandi: Okay, Mom.
Joyce: She was going to Virginia Tech, and she saw you before I did.
Michael: Mandi, you didn’t say that.
Mandi: I didn’t know that. I apologize.
Michael: You know everything.
Joyce: Mandi doesn’t know everything.
Michael: You know something, Mandi, you need to know more.
Mandi: I know how many buttons you undo on your shirt.
Michael: How many buttons do I undo, Joyce?
Joyce: Oh, I don’t know. [Flustered]. Four?
Michael: Should I button up higher?
Joyce: More! Oh yeah, six!
Michael: I think she’s saying the opposite.
Mandi: Yeah. He’s asking you if he should button up more, Mom.
Joyce: No, no, no, no, no, no. No. No.
Mandi: He’s thinking about just wearing turtlenecks now, Mom.
Joyce: Nooo. Although, he’s very becoming in turtlenecks, too.
Michael: Mandi, are you listening?
Joyce: A turtleneck and a sport jacket. Yes, very much so.
Mandi: Okay, there you go.
Joyce: And jeans.
Mandi: Okay, Mom.
Michael: Mandi’s blushing.
Mandi: And scene. Mom, maybe you’d like to hang up now?
Joyce: No I wouldn’t, but I will. But I must tell you that I certainly enjoy your music, and I have for quite awhile. Keep it going. We love ya.
Michael: Thank you very much. We’re gonna let Mandi know when we’re gonna perform in Pennsylvania and please come as my guest. Come see us backstage.
Joyce: Oh my god, thank you so much. [Possibly tearing up] Yes, I would love that. Well, you have a wonderful weekend.

Postscript: My mother and her best friend Susan (pictured), were “Michael’s guests” at his show at the York County Fair seven months later. They, like other women who arrived early, were given a rose when the usher took their tickets. They had second row center seats. My mother took many photos, two of which were blown up to 8 X 10 and framed for display in my parents’ house. After the show, she and Susan were among the fans who went backstage for a meet-and-greet with Michael. My mother told him that I was right: He did have lush chest hair. He told my mother to tell me that he had had three buttons undone on his shirt. My mother and Susan had their picture taken with Michael. I received a wallet-sized version a few days later in the mail.

Unfortunately, I will have to type up the other article becasue it wont allow me to copy and paste it as text.

I will do my best to do it later on this evening. Sorry Robin and Sylvie.

Love Jennifer XX

Thanks Jennifer for the articles!

Helena...xx...

Great story Jennifer!!! LOVED it!!!

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Joy,

Thanks for putting pictures in - have seen those two but for some reason I only have them as wee tiny things - nice to see them a bit larger... needless to say have pinched for my collection.   Today I was looking for another section on Michael and I came across one that had all pictures in - some I had seen but others not....but little one I posted yesterday was in that section as it was all photographs from a magazine....unfortunatley as soon as I came out I forgot what title was - it was up about page 17 - 20......but I will put in one of the pictures I pinched - a good hairy chest on show:-

Hope you all enjoy - some other really nice photos of him in section - will give you another one tomorrow !  - don't want to spoil you all !!  lol.

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend. 

Thanks Sylvia....this is a nice one!!

Helena..xx...

Thank you Wee One :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

Hi Kathy and Helena,

Pleasure - glad you enjoyed......here is another one I hope you like - far better quality than mine - glad I found it in that web page (and I can't remember which one) I was in !!!!

Sylvia.  Your wee Scottish friend.

Nice!!!

Helena..xx..

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service