Hey, I was wondering what everyones first experience was of enjoying Michael's music? the first time you realised you were a fan?

I must admit, my first interaction was when I watched the movie Snow Dogs a couple of years ago and heard Time, Love and Tenderness at the end, I thought it was fantastic and my love has just grown from there!

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I'm interested to hear your stories!

Jenna.

Views: 2498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Janniche, oh where oh where have you been?

You have been missed darling.

Hope you are well.

Hapy christmas.

Love Jennifer XX

Janniche, good to read your posts here girl! You're absolutely right: we've had this discussion before and I've posted the link to it on page 1 of this thread. You're not losing it! lol Take care sweetie and welcome back! Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Jenna,

I am from Germany and new in the chat. In Germany a lot of people (especially younger ones) don`t know Michael. Just a couple of months ago I was one of them. Well,I had heard of an artist named "Michael Bolton", but didn`t know anything about him. One day I was searching youtube hoping to find a nice song for a wedding ceremony and listened to Michael`s live version of "Lean on me". I thought that it was the best version of this song that I had ever heard and tried to find out more about this man with the wild hair. I started looking for music videos and found "Said I loved you but I lied". It absolutely blew me away ... I was stunned by Michael`s beautiful voice. I kept listening to the song over and over again and it still gives me goosebumps. I knew I had discovered something BIG and ever since couldn`t get enough of his music. Unfortunately I wasn`t able to see Michael on his 2010 tour and hope that he will be back in Europe very soon.

Cheers from Germany!

Jennifer

Hi and welcome Jennifer to the forum

Pleased you thought to join the forum for we are all Michael Bolton fans here :)

There are a few fans from Germany on here so you might get to know them for the next concerts in your area ???

Enjoy the forum we do

Love Dianna xxx

Australia

Hi Jennifer C. and welcome to the forum! Wow, a brand new fan, that’s great to hear! I’ve heard that a few people from this forum have first heard of Michael through Youtube… There’s a video section to this site here that can be accessed from the main page, I suggest you visit it to hear even more great songs. Most of the videos there have been uploaded and hand-picked by fans so you know they should be the best! Oh I know how you feel about “Said I loved you…”, when I first got the CD, I repeated the song until I gave myself a headache… :D I just couldn’t get enough of it… You’re not the only one who missed Michael in Germany this year, since Michael had to cancel the last few concerts due to bronchitis. But there’s hope he’ll reschedule them so good luck for next time! Look around the forum Jennifer: there’s a lot to discover. Hope  you enjoy it as much as we do and don’t hesitate if you have any questions: there’s always someone here to help. Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Dianna,

hi Sylvie,

thank you for the warm welcome! What a great place where fans from all over the world can meet and chat about Michael Bolton!

It made me grin when I read about Sylvie`s experience with "Said I loved you". I think this song is one of the best and shows off real nice what Michael is able to do with his voice. A few days after I heard "Said I loved you" I roamed the local CD stores for an album and found a best of-compilation. I was amazed by how many songs that I had heard and loved on the radio were written and/or performed by Michael Bolton. It turned out I had been a fan for a long time and didn`t know about it. On the CD I found Michael`s version of "Nessun Dorma". Now I am even interested in Opera music.

One thing that I especially like about Michael is that he is open for so many different music styles: 80`s hard rock, 90`s slow ballads, r`n b, classical music and "oldies".

Hey Sylvie, you have probably answered this question many times, but may you tell me who the guy next to you on the picture is? It isn`t Michael, is it? Maybe his brother Orrin? Did you ever meet Michael?

Did you, Dianna, ever meet Michael in person? Watching videos one gets the impression that he is a very good hearted person and gentleman. I was wondering if anyone in the forum has their own experience.

Best wishes from Germany to Canada, a country that I fell in love with when I lived in British Columbia for half a year, to sunny and warm Australia, to the USA, home to great artists (and yummy food), to Germany and to all the other places on earth that are infected with the Michael Bolton-virus!

Yours,

Jennifer

Hi Jennifer C,

Welcome to the forum - it`s the best and only place to be to know and learn everything about "our boy" Michael - I use that phrase to describe him because my mother was also a fan and that was what she called him and I know, for sure, she would have loved to have been a part of all this - WELCOME !

I can also tell you that, ANYTHING, ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING that Sylvie from Canada tells you - will be RIGHT !  So listen to what she has to say - because the rest of us all do!!!!   LOL.

Hope you enjoy all the information and all the "banter" that goes on because, don`t know if you know or not, but Michael`s motto is : have "FUN"  and we all do !

Sylvia.     Wee Scottish friend.

Hi Sylvia,

thank you, too for the warm welcome! O.k., I made a mental note: "Believe what Sylvie from Canada says"  :-)

I already watched some videos, read some discussions and Michael`s Emails and have a lot of FUN with this page, thus I am making another mental note "Do what Michael tells you to do"

Warm cheers to you Sylvia Wee Scottish friend (I bet it is very cold in Scottland, here in Germany we are having one of the coldest and snowiest winters of all times)

Hello Jennifer, (feels strange addressing someone with the same name as me!! Ha Ha)

The man in the photo next to Sylvie is indeed Orrin, Michaels older brother.

Orrin is also a singer and if you go to the off topic section, you will find a thread with some information about him and link to his own website where you can listen to some of his music. Orrin has a fantastic voice and sounds completely different to Michaels.

I've always wanted to go to Germany. I learnt to speak German years  (and years) ago at school and recently took a refresher GCSE course. I love speaking German and try to practice speaking it whenever possible even though I'm not very good at it. 

Take care,

Love Jennifer XX

Hi Jennifer No. 1!

I only found out yesterday that Michael has an older brother. What an unusual name!

I googled Orrin Bolton`s site and listened to some of his songs. I liked them very much! I agree with you, the brothers` voices are very different from each other as is their music. But I believe I can hear a familiar kind of raspiness in Orrin`s voice - must be in the genes!  :-)

Hey, Jennifer, I think it is so cool that you learn German. Compared to other languages like English, French or Spanish German must be so hard to learn. So much vocabulary, so many grammar exceptions and - let`s face it - there are languages that sound a lot nicer. But if you like you can practice your reading and writing skills with me.

Wie geht es Dir? Wo wohnst Du? Wie lange bist Du schon Fan? haha

If you ever visit Germany I can tell you some nice places to go.

Cheers und viele Grüße!

Jennifer No. 2

Ich bin sehr gut vielen danke Jennifer. Haben Sie Kinder? I'ch habe ndrei kinde. Ich arbeite nicht, weil ich behindert bin.

Ich wohne in Harlow Essex. Wo wohnst du Jennifer?

Ich bin ein Fan seit über 23 Jahren. Ich war sehr glücklich und erfüllt Michael mehrmals zu kaufen. Er ist ein sehr freundlicher fürsorglichen Mann.  (I think I've made a mistake in this sentance?)

I hope you can understand my German ok Jennifer.

Liebe Jennifer XXX

You`re so cute, Jennifer! Ja, ich verstehe Dich sehr gut.

Ich habe noch keine Kinder und wohne in Munich, Deutschland. Es ist eine sehr schöne Stadt mit viel Grün (Bäume, Wiesen ..) ganz in der Nähe der Berge (Alps).

Toll, dass Du Michael schon mehrmals getroffen hast! Du bist ja wirklich schon sehr lange ein Fan! Ich wünschte, ich könnte ihn auch mal treffen! Aber mein erstes Ziel ist es, ihn einmal live im Konzert zu erleben. Ich hoffe, er kommt bald wieder nach Deutschland.

I hope that you can understand my German, too, Jennifer.   :-)

Viele Grüße and cheers,

Jennifer C

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service