Hey, I was wondering what everyones first experience was of enjoying Michael's music? the first time you realised you were a fan?

I must admit, my first interaction was when I watched the movie Snow Dogs a couple of years ago and heard Time, Love and Tenderness at the end, I thought it was fantastic and my love has just grown from there!

Sorry if this has already been discussed before, but I'm interested to hear your stories!

Jenna.

Views: 2498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Jennifer C, something tells me that you got the “Til’ the end of forever” CD. As far as I know, it’s the only album that has “Nessun dorma”, on it aside from “My secret passion”. Oh my dear, if you think you can get into opera, get that CD! Personally, I had been introduced to opera in ’91, but that CD actually got me to attend operas and I’ve been hooked ever since. In case you didn’t know, Michael is about to add another genre to his musical catalog: blues! It’s been a project of his for a few years now and we’ve had hints that it’s finally taking shape, although nothing’s been etched in stone yet. Oh I don’t mind answering that question: it is Orrin in the picture with me, notice how he’s snuggling? Lol I met him twice and the pic was taken in 2004. Orrin has been a real sweetheart to me and I support him whole-heartedly. Oh boy have I got links for you Jennifer! Dianna had been a fan for years but had never even seen him in concert and earlier this year, she attended her first concert and we were all so excited for her: there was an entire thread leading up to her special moment, and it was a special moment indeed:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/michael-bolton-brisbane-26th

Her incredible experience is on page 11 of that thread. People’s special moments are spread all over this site. There are some in the 2010 concert review thread:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/2010-concert-tour

Watch out though: that one’s a whopper of a thread! Lol Also, one of my favorite threads contains fans first concert experiences:

http://www.michaelbolton.com/forum/topics/16-years-ago-today-april-...

There’s also a thread entitled “…somebody knows something but isn’t telling” or something to that effect and includes some fans’ experiences on getting backstage passes and how they met Michael for the first time. Unfortunately, I don’t have a link to that one, but I’m sure you could find it if you browse  the “general chat” section. Well, hopefully, that should keep you busy for a while! :D Oh wow, how did you get to live in BC for 6 months, if I may ask? Well, glad you enjoyed your stay here! Michael enjoyed his last concert there very much and even blogged about it. I just wish he’d come to this end of Canada again… Well, great talking to you Jennifer C, thanks for sharing! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

a Blues Album - I can not express how desperately I am looking forward to hear that !!!

Although I am still captured from his Assisi appearance. I never heard him singing this way - as he himself was very touched in his soul. Maybe I am wrong, but I felt like he found a new quality to express himself. Yet I felt - not only hearing but also seeing him (Sylvie - although I think he looked very handsome, to me he seemed to be slim and pale) - that he put next to his emotions all his strength and power into his voice, regardless to his recent bronchitis. I really hope he takes time to recover completely! Sorry for being selfish - I want to hear him the next decades too :-)).

So I hope you are somebody who knows something really exciting and is telling :-))....

Thank you - you made my day!

Greetings from Germany

Astrid.

P.S. I really appreciate your remarkable sense of humor.

Hi Astrid, well, I can tell you what I know. First, Michael had said in an interview in 2002 that he had a folder on his computer of “special projects”. He had started singing “Rock me baby” in concert in 2002 also, which I’m sure you know is a blues classic. Michael also told a friend of mine in 2003 that a blues album was  in his projects. On Michael Thompson’s site, in a 2007 article, Michael T mentioned he had recorded something for a blues album with Michael Bolton:

http://noted.blogs.com/westcoastmusic/2007/03/michael_thompso.html

In case you don’t know, Michael Thompson played on the RAH live DVD. Also, Michael has told our own Jennifer Steadman that he has already recorded “Rock me baby”. Plus, if you know anything about Michael, you know that he does his homework before undertaking a special project. He has said in the interview on the RAH DVD that he’d been listening to John Mayal and Robert Johnson on his ipod and he’s also said in another interview that he had reached out to John Mayer (pop/blues guitarist) for a collaboration. The last hint we’ve had is that Michael has started singing “Sweet home Chicago”, along with “Rock me baby”  in concert in Europe in the past few months. There are some of those performances on Youtube. As I’ve said in my previous post Astrid, there’s nothing etched in stone yet and this has been brewing for a long time. I read and listen to interviews as if my life depended on it but can’t always tell you from where I’ve heard them or read them, but as I’ve said, the blues album is in his projects. Michael has said in the past also that sometimes, it’s a matter of availability, both for himself and contributing artists. He’s been touring as if he were training for the vocal Olympics this year, so guess that’ll cut someone’s recording time. Something tells me that might be why the holliday album was postponed. Well, I know I ramble a lot Astrid, sorry, but this is the info I know, draw your own conclusions. We’ve been keeping our fingers crossed for a good while, but not quite holding our breath yet. Hope that helped Astrid,As far as the Assisi concert, I think it’s been the perfect capper of quite a remarkable year for Michael: he’s been extremely busy, has attempted to face his fear of dancing, has succeeded in getting in the shape of his life, has released a CD and a DVD and enjoyed many professional  highs, along with experiencing the lovefest a world tour brought him and he became a granddad for the first time! He said it in another interview how  spiritually inspiring and quieting the Assisi concert felt for him. I’m thinking it came about just at a moment where he needed it. Well, we all know how much Michael hates to disappoint his fans so I’m thinking he’ll learn from experience and take better care of himself to be around little Millie for a long time. You know, it’s not really being selfish Astrid, it’s a 2-way street. Singing is what Michael said he was born to do and said he would for as long as we’ll listen… :D Sorry for the novel but glad I made your day! Lol Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

P.S.: My sense of humor? What did I say?  :D

Hi Sylvie,

thank you so much for your 'novel'. I loved reading it and your conclusions. I own the RAH interview, but when he mentioned these names I was not able to interpret the meaning behind. So I am
really thankful that you made me see :-). Did you ever think of becoming a private investigator?? -:))

Concerning your sense of humor: I am just 'looking' forward to your next comments :-))).

Soon we will have midnight so I better go to bed. Have a nice evening.

Lots of greetings from Gemany

Astrid.

Hi again Astrid, how could I resist responding to such a nice comment? :D Michael has proved over the years that he loves music as much as I do and he’s made me discover a universe of music I didn’t know, so when he mentions someone I haven’t heard of, I look them up. That’s how I found out about the artists he’s mentioned. Thank goodness for Youtube, I’ll never say it enough! You’re very welcome Astrid. I had to laugh when you asked if I ever thought of being a P.I! Lol I think my deductive powers only work with artists who inspire me: it’s such an every day  joy being Michael’s fan… Well, I’m very glad you’re enjoying my posts sweetie, I’m enjoying talking with you too! Take care and I’m sure we’ll talk again soon. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Sylvie,

oh wow! I am overwhelmed! So much information!

I just about finished a very long answer to your reply when I accidentally clicked somewhere and now everything I wrote is gone. Beginner`s mistake. :-(   Oooh, it is late and I can`t rewrite everything so I will try to sum it up in a nutshell:

The album I bought is called "Soul provider - The best of Michael Bolton". Since I couldn`t find any other Bolton-CDs in the store today, I will go internet-shopping.

I`d love to listen to some more opera and (thanks to youtube again) have already listened to some recordings on "My secret passion". I even listened to  Pavarotti`s version of "Nessun Dorma" to compare voices. I am sure that Pavarotti reaches a whole different technical level, but his "Nessun Dorma" simply didn`t touch me as much as Michael`s emotionally. I love how he gives it everything at the end!

A Blues album, wouldn`t that be great! I was being told that everything you say is true, which in this case makes me very happy. :-)

Thank you so much for the links, Sylvie, they will sure keep me busy for a while. Maybe reading about people`s experiences on the 2010 tour will help me get over the fact that I missed the concert that I was so much looking forward to.

You asked about me staying in BC. I worked as a volunteer for an environmental organisation in BC. During my visit I also had the great pleasure of travelling the beautiful West and Vancouver Island. I even worked on a ranch in the Chilcotin area for a few weeks. It was the biggest adventure of my life through whichI have grown very fond of your country, culture and people! I will be back one day and hopefully also make it to the East then. I have heard so much about Quebec and Montreal, it must be awesome!

Thanks again for all the information, Sylvie, and sorry for the rather short reply to your long message!

Cheers, Jennifer C

Hi again Jennifer C, oh I see, I believe your CD is a foreign compilation. On the “Til the end of forever” I’ve mentioned the “Nessun dorma” is live. I’m personally an opera nut and my buddy Luciano’s version in context of the opera is extremely powerful. Comparing it to Michael’s version is like apples and oranges: they’re just different. OMG, the day you hear it live though, you will never forget it! My personal favorite on "My secret passion" is "Che gelida manina" from "La bohème". I’m enjoying very much my new reputation of  being truthful… :D I do have to say though: I’m always right, but scarcely, I’ve been known to be mistaken… :D Well, I’ll tell you Jennifer, I don’t get to attend concerts very often and some reviews are so well told, you feel as if you’re there. Also, since we know some fans as our friends, we can’t help but be happy for them! Oh wow, your stay in BC sounded like a wonderful experience! I have to warn you though: if you ever come to the East coast, it’s a lot colder! You’re very welcome for the info and the important thing in a comment is not the length but the contents. :D Happy reading sweetie, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi Jennifer C

I have had the pleasure of meeting Michael last May.It really was a dream come true.

I have been a fan for over 21 years and now my husband is also a fan after seeing and meeting Michael as well :)

My all time favourite song of Michael's is "Said I loved you but I lied"

Love Dianna xxx

Wow, Dianna! How did you manage that? Was it a meet-and-greet kind of thing? Reading the comments of everybody on this page one gets the feeling that everybody knows somebody to get them closer: Michael`s brother, his daughter, his team ...   :-)

After 21 years you really deserved to meet him! Thank you for sharing!

Cheers,

Jennifer C

You know Jennifer C I am a great believer in believing and I have always wanted to meet Michael and all I can say is that fate made it happen :)

I have also been a member of Michael Bolton's forum (there have been a few LOL) since the year 2000 and have come to know some truly great people on here :) you will too

Love Dianna xxx

Welcome to the forum Jennifer (Great name by the way!!)  I think there are a few of us on here now.

I completely agree with you about SILYBIL giving you goosbumps, it does that to me aswell.

Such a shame that you didnt get to see Michael when he was in Germany, but you know he had to cancel a couple of concerts due to illness, so you never know, he might return earlier thaan you think?

Syvie, I had to laugh when I saw that you had welcomed Jennifer Carpenter to the forum as Jennifer C because my maiden name, ie my surname before I was married was Jennifer See and a lot of people misunderstood my name and used to address mail to me as Jennifer C.

I just wanted to share this with you.

Love Jennifer XX

Hi Jennifer S, wow that's funny! lol Wouldn't it be something if you had that name but were blind? lol Thanks for sharing Jen, take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service