something lovely,funny,entertaining etc

Hi everybody you know sometimes perhaps in an e-mail or something you get some lovely things that I am sure some of us would love to share or perhaps a joke

BUT

They must be polite and not rude or anything that would offend anybody nor can they be racial

and please no chain letters.........

We don't need to see Violence or stupidy......

Remember people over the many MIchael Bolton boards we have always tried to respect one and another so lets see how this goes :)

These are some of the picture's sent to me in an e-mail

enjoy  :)

Cherry Blossoms Japan 

Tundra

Autumn in Germany

The beauty of Antarctica

Views: 5786

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Sylvie...that was fantastic!!! And of course the Russians enjoy life and make the best of their lives just like people everywhere!! My uncle  (also Russian) traveled many times back home to Russia with the Berlin brothers :))) 

Kathy and LAFD Bob

JUST RECEIVED THIS TODAY 

DEAR FRIEND,

A VERY WEIRD THING HAS HAPPENED. A STRANGE OLD LADY HAS MOVED INTO MY HOUSE.  I  HAVE NO IDEA WHO SHE IS, WHERE SHE CAME FROM OR HOW SHE GOT IN.  I CERTAINLY DID NOT INVITE HER.  ALL I KNOW IS THAT ONE DAY SHE WAS NOT THERE THE THE NEXT DAY SHE WAS.

SHE IS A VERY CLEVER OLD LADY AND MANAGES TO KEEP OUT OF SIGHT FOR THE MOST PART BUT WHENEVER I PASS A MIRROR I CATCH A GLIMPSE OF HER.  AND WHENEVER I LOOK IN THE MIRROR TO CHECK MY APPEARANCE THERE SHE IS HOGGING THE WHOLE THING COMPLETELY OBLITERATING MY GORGEOUS FACE AND BODY.  THIS IS SO VERY RUDE.  I HAVE TRIED SCREAMING AT HER BUT SHE JUST SCREAMS BACK.

IF SHE INSISTS ON HANGING AROUND THE LEAST SHE COULD DO IS OFFER TO PAY PART OF THE RENT BUT NO. EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I FIND A DOLLAR BILL STUCK IN A COAT POCKET OR SOME LOOSE CHANGE UNDER A SOFA CUSHION BUT IT IS NOT NEARLY ENOUGH.

I DON'T WANT TO JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS BUT I THING SHE IS STEALING MONEY FROM ME.  I GO TO THE ATM AND WITHDRAW $100 AND A FEW DAYS LATER IT'S GONE  I CERTAINLY DON'T SPEND MONEY THAT FAST SO I CAN ONLY CONCLUDE THE OLD LADY IS PILFERING FROM ME.

YOU'D THINK SHE WOULD SPEND SOME OF THAT MONEY TO BUY WRINKLE CREAM  LORD KNOWS SHE NEEDS IT.  AND MONEY ISN'T  THE ONLY THING I THINK SHE IS STEALING.  FOOD SEEMS TO DISAPPEAR AT AN ALARMING RATE  ESPECIALLY THE GOOD STUFF LIKE ICE CREAM, COOKIES AND CANDY.  I CAN'T SEEM TO KEEP THAT STUFF IN THE HOUSE ANYMORE.  SHE MUST HAVE A REAL SWEET TOOTH BUT SHE'D BETTER WATCH IT BECAUSE SHE IS REALLY PACKING ON THE POUNDS.  I SUSPECT SHE REALIZES THIS AND TO MAKE HERSELF FEEL BETTER SHE IS TAPERING WITH MY SCALE TO MAKE ME THINK I AM PUTTING ON WEIGHT TOO!

FOR AN OLD LADY SHE IS QUITE CHILDISH  SHE LIKES TO PLAY NASTY GAMES  LIKE GONG INTO MY CLOSETS WHEN I'M NOT HOME AND ALTERING MY CLOTHES SO THEY DON'T FIT.  AND SHE MESSES WITH MY FILES AND PAPERS SO I CAN'T FIND ANYTHING.  THIS IS PARTICULARLY ANNOYING SINCE I AM EXTREMELY NEAT AND ORGANIZED  SHE ALSO FIDDLES WITH MY VCR SO IT DOES NOT RECORD WHAT I HAVE CAREFULLY AND CORRECTLY PROGRAMMED.

SHE HAS FOUND OTHER IMAGINATIVE WAYS TO ANNOY ME.  SHE GETS INTO MY MAIL, NEWSPAPERS AND MAGAZINES BEFORE I DO AND BLURS THE PRINT SO I CAN'T READ IT  AND SHE HAD DONE SOMETHING REALLY SINISTER TO THE VOLUME CONTROLS ON MY TV, RADIO AND TELEPHONE  NOW ALL I CAN HEAR ARE MUMBLES AND WHISPERS.

SHE HAD DONE OTHER THINGS  LIKE MAKE MY STAIRS STEEPER, MY VACUUM CLEANER HEAVIER AND ALL MY KNOBS AND FAUCETS HARDER TO TURN.  SHE EVEN MADE MY BED HIGHER SO THAT GETTING INTO AND OUT OF IT IS A REAL CHALLENGE.  LATELY SHE HAS BEEN FOOLING WITH MY GROCERIES BEFORE I PUT THEM AWAY  APPLYING GLUE TO THE LIDS MAKING IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO OPEN THE JARS.  IS THIS ANY WAY TO REPAY MY HOSPITALITY?

SHE HAD  TAKEN THE FUN OUT OF SHOPPING FOR  CLOTHES.  WHEN I TRY SOMETHING ON  SHE STANDS IN FRONT OF THE DRESSING ROOM MIRROR AND MONOPOLIZES IT   SHE LOOKS TOTALLY RIDICULOUS IN SOME OF THOSE OUTFITS PLUS SHE KEEPS ME FROM SEEING HOW GREAT THEY LOOK ON ME!

JUST WHEN I THOUGHT SHE COULDN'T GET ANY MEANER SHE PROVED ME WRONG.  SHE CAME ALONG WHEN I WENT TO GET MY PICTURE TAKEN FOR MY DRIVER'S LICENSE AND JUST AS THE CAMERA SHUTTER CLICKED SHE JUMPED IN FROM OF ME!  NO ONE IS GOING TO BELIEVE THAT THE PICTURE OF THAT OLD LADY IS ME

BE AFRAID  BE VERY AFRAID!  TODAY SHE'S AT MY HOUSE.  TOMORROW SHE COULD MOVE IN ON YOU!!

GLORIA

Hey Gloria, lol cute one! I had gotten a similar one but it was about aliens replacing body parts for bigger ones and spraying the clothes to make them smaller! lol Boy am I glad I can't see her in my mirror! :D Take care Gloria and thanks for the smile! Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

Gloria her name must be "Life"....lol  Thanks for sharing :)

Kathy and LAFD Bob

ROFL Gloria ......that is fantastic and thanks so much for putting on here and making me really laugh today but funny how for a lot of things I have always blamed my cats, especially the food and things I can't find but maybe, just maybe, that old lady actually lives with me but funny too how I never see her until I look in a mirror !!! LOL.   Thanks Gloria !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Sylvie Boisvert 

Great video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At Russian weddings, the guests shout newlyweds "bitter"-"горько!!".The bride and groom must kiss each other....

.."bitter" because that family life was "sweet" :-)

Hey Olga, hmm, that's interesting... Glad you enjoyed the video! Take care sweetie. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Thanks Sylvie for both of your links and the Russian one was fun.....pretty organized and well orchestrated but fun and almost looks like something shot as part of a commerical or something for it starts with plenty of people milling about on a prom at the side of the river and then along comes one  with his "boom" box and he starts dancing and then plenty all join in with shots taken of those who appear to just be in the "audience" watching and then more and more join in along with a limo stopping and a bride and groom get out and start dancing too and there is also a group of soldiers, don't quite know where they came from, but they do a little routine on their own......as I have said certainly fun to watch and some pretty good moves in there as well and very well choreographed throughout and there is also one shot, which I am pretty sure was not intended and it is of a little kid standing watching and he/she starts jumping up and down to the music.....it is was delightful to see all done up in winter garb jumping up and down and that is the bit I missed out for it is shot in the winter and all the people are dressed accordingly, fur boots and hats but still managing to dance !! :)

Other link is beautiful and it is basically about life and the world and it shows you many shots of people of different nationalities from children to old men and women and a great lot dressed in their own national way with them doing natural things they would do in their lifes from old men sitting outside smoking to children playing in the streets and it also shows you at the beginning his photography of flowers and what he does is speeds up the process of their development to full blown open flowers i.e. from the bud to fully opened only taking about 10 seconds and then the movement of the petals  in wind but making it move so fast that it almost appears as though they are dancing.....it is beautifully done and in one shot he uses butterflies and has them speeded up in flight  and must admit my eyes started going a bit "skelly" at that part and then once you have seen all the people in the middle he moves onto the formation of clouds and sunsets and makes them all move and form much quicker which gives beautiful patterns to the clouds and obviously too to the clouds as the sun sets especially in one where he has the sun setting on the horizon and there with the speed of the clouds and the sun going down but the calmness of the water it really creates a lovely effect !! :)  He also flies over some buildings to give the effect of different shapes that they create on the landscape and they are interspersed throughout the video but the one I loved is toward the beginning where you hear the little girl talking and you do actually see her and she is sitting with her elbows resting on a table and her little hands are moving about all over the place as she talks and she keeps putting them up to her face and I thought, she wants to pick her nose....you know how you can just tell that with a child like when they start to need the loo.....two seconds later the little pinky goes up the nose.....OMG I did laugh at that bit and I am glad he left it in as it was just typical child !!! lol.

Thanks again Sylvie for both links !!! :)

Sylvia.   Your wee Scottish friend.

Wow, wonderful description Sylvia, I'm gonna save that, thank you sweetie! Take care. Hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

Hi everyone, a friend forwarded me the following. It was entitled "Layman's 10 commandments" and that might be a bit strong but I thought it was certainly interesting and thought-provoquing enough to share, hope you enjoy it. My personal faves are 7, 8 and 10. Take care and hugs to all, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada

================

Layman's 10 Commandments.

1]  Prayer is not a "spare wheel" that you pull out when in trouble, but it is a "steering wheel"  that directs the right path throughout.

2]  Why a car's WINDSHIELD is so large & the rear view mirror is so small?

Because our PAST is not  as important as our FUTURE. So, look ahead and move on.

3]  Friendship is like a BOOK. It takes few seconds to burn, but it takes years to write.

4]  All things in life are temporary.  If going well, enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong, don't worry, they can't last long either.

5]  Old Friends are Gold! New Friends are Diamond! If you get a Diamond, don't forget the Gold! Because to hold a Diamond, you always need a base of Gold!

6]  Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, "Relax, sweetheart, it's just a bend, not the end!

7]  When God solves your problems, you have faith in HIS abilities; when GOD doesn't solve your problems HE has faith in your abilities.

8]  A blind person asked St. Anthony: "Can there be anything worse than losing eye sight?" He replied: "Yes, losing your vision!"

9] When you pray for others, God listens to you and blesses them, and sometimes, when you are safe and happy, remember that someone has prayed for you.

10] WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

Hi, Sylvie

Thanks so much !!!  This makes you think what is sometimes inadvertently .

I like more 4,5, 6  and 9.

Take care

Mariu

Hey Mariu, glad you enjoyed it sweetie! I do think they're all good statements but I enjoy those that make you think. Well it seems you're catching up with the forum so enjoy! Take care Mariu. Big hugs, sincerely, Sylvie from Canada :D

RSS

© 2024   Created by Michael Bolton Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service